Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should have been 3 TDs 1 INT for Luck and 24-14 Colts

chad72

T.Y.Hilton, just like Garcon's drop in the SB, had daylight in front of him if he caught the ball. TY just one upped Garcon and actually managed to make a completion turn into an INT.

It should have been 24-14 Colts. Should have been 3 TDs and 1 INT for Luck in pre-season.

Great comeback by Luck after a pick six and a sack. Great time management as well.

How Hilton turned a TD into an INT I do not know... but after the pick 6 (which was pretty bone-headed) he improved so much. Very shaky start but recomposed himself and started looking amazing, everyone is right, this kid does not look like a rookie.

I actually believe this is a better showing and learning experience for Luck than what it was last week. I love how he came back with those scoring drives after throwing that pick six - especially against this defense. He didn't allow himself to get rattled.

Rookie mistake, I guess. Let's just wait and see if he repeats his mistakes.

I'm sure he will make quite a few of those....the key will be how quickly he can turn those around...like he did today...or if it will take a couple games between his ups and downs. I liked what I saw. I also liked that Arians didn't let the youngsters have enough time to get down on themselves. Immediately he came out throwing with Andrew to help his confidence and also after Hiltons muff he came right back with a quick wr screen to get him to forget. LOVED THAT! This is a young offense....and that showed great leadership from Arians. Props!

I agree. But I think it would be 2 TDs and 1 INT, not 3. But still he looks good despite that INT to Taylor.

I meant overall in pre-season. If TY had the TD, it would have been Luck's 3rd TD pass and one less INT. Thus 3 TDs, 1 INT. :)

For those who think Luck brought us back vs 2nd stringers, just an FYI. When that pass to TY Hilton that magically changed from potential TD to certain INT, Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Larry Foote were all on the field. We were down 7-14 and had just scored with 1st stringers in there.

Magically, because it was the 2nd quarter, people not paying attention to the game think it was 2nd stringers in there. :)

I always forget......despite being 36, coming off 4 neck surgeries, and not playing a real game since January of 2011, Peyton Manning will not miss a beat when he plays his first real game next month.

I expect a 2008 like year for Peyton after his bursa sac surgeries, that is my frank expectation. 4-4 over first 8 games and then taking off. The schedule on the back 8 (like back 9 of golf) does play kind like 2008. :)

I always forget......despite being 36, coming off 4 neck surgeries, and not playing a real game since January of 2011, Peyton Manning will not miss a beat when he plays his first real game next month.

I understand your sarcasm but its too soon to really doubt, I just thought Luck out shinning the other 2 , even for just right now, should be brought up.

The 2nd INT was a bad, low throw. Had he led him, it was an easy TD. I'm not sure what the first one was. It was 3rd and long and no one was open, but he threw it anyway. It's the NFL; receivers aren't always open. Get rid of the ball and punt.

The 2nd INT was a bad, low throw. Had he led him, it was an easy TD. I'm not sure what the first one was. It was 3rd and long and no one was open, but he threw it anyway. It's the NFL; receivers aren't always open. Get rid of the ball and punt.

I am going to call you on this. TY is 5'10", it is not like he is 6'4" and has to get to his ankle to catch the ball. The ball hit TY's hands, and was around knee level at worst, it was thrown well enough inside the zone for a completion safe from defender interference where TY could catch it and still be able to get a look at where defenders were if he caught it cleanly.

Even if TY does not get YAC, he could have at least caught it. Instead, he does the worst thing he could do, lose control and let the ball ricochet and fly in the air inside a zone where there are defenders all around waiting for an unlucky bounce that happened.

Should it have been an INT? No. Was it a bad throw? Absolutely. Luck would tell you the same thing.

No, it was not a bad throw, have to disagree. If it hits your hand, in the NFL, you catch it. If you are facing the ball and it hits your hand with no one draping over you, you catch it.

Heck, people catch back shoulder catches with people draped on them. TY was facing the ball and couldn't pull it down with no defender draped over him. You kidding me, it was a throw good enough for a reception.

I dont care what Luck thinks because he is going to say the right things and take the blame. You can judge from TY's reaction after the catch and on the bench he knew he let one slip from his hands.

You're wasting your energy. It was an easy TD Luck wishes he had back. Hopefully, next time he leads the receiver with an accurate throw.

Nope, you are the one wasting your time and energy because the whole world watched and know TY should have hauled it inside that zone.

Nope, you are the one wasting your time and energy because the whole world watched and know TY should have hauled it inside that zone.

I'm not arguing it couldn't have been caught. Do you agree with the following?

Some less than accurate, less than desirable passes can be caught.

T.Y. Hilton is a rookie too people. Cut him some slack. I still like what I have seen from him so far. He will be fine.

Luck didn't let either the pick six that was his fault or the 2nd pick which was T.Y.'s fault get him down. He just came right back and led us to 17 unanswered points before the half. Like Pagano said, the kid has amnesia.

im actually happy hilton dropped that pass so he'll learn from it. you saw the frustration after he dropped it but on our next offensive possession, he caught a swing pass and ran for 8 yards. i think hilton will beat out avery and brazil for the 3rd wr spot , the guy is fast and is very dangerous once he catches the ball.

I'm not arguing it couldn't have been caught. Do you agree with the following?

Some less than accurate, less than desirable passes can be caught.

If it can be caught and it hits your hands with no defender around you with you facing the ball, it cannot be a bad throw, and it has to be caught in the NFL.

End of discussion.

If it can be caught and it hits your hands with no defender around you with you facing the ball, it has to be caught in the NFL. End of discussion.

But does that make it a good pass? No, it does not. If you have a streaking reciever and that receiver has to stop and adjust to catch a pass that should have been a TD, it's a bad throw. It was a low throw Luck wants back.

Thankfully, Andrew is not as sensitive as you about it.