Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prediction thread

StewieG

Colts - 17

Steelers -14

That D is pretty scary, but lucky for us the man who faced that D in practice for the past 5 years is running our offense. I'm sure he'll have good insight on how to beat them. Mendenhall is out, Redman is hurt. I don't even know who their 3rd string RB is. Add to Mike Wallace still holding out....I'm hoping for a victory. I really don't care either way as long as we show improvement on both sides of the ball.

This isn't the '10 Steelers. That D was scary. This iteration is older, slower, more injury ridden, and destined to be pretty average. I think the regular season will prove the Rams D better than the Steelers.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish the game against the steelers was the 3rd game so we can see how Luck would handle a very good defense with extensive playing time... if luck as numbers like he did against the rams in the steelers game against the first unit though, i will have no doubt in my mind the colts will push to win the afc south.

Luck vs rg3 is prime time can't not have that 3rd

Colts - 17

Steelers -14

That D is pretty scary, but lucky for us the man who faced that D in practice for the past 5 years is running our offense. I'm sure he'll have good insight on how to beat them. Mendenhall is out, Redman is hurt. I don't even know who their 3rd string RB is. Add to Mike Wallace still holding out....I'm hoping for a victory. I really don't care either way as long as we show improvement on both sides of the ball.

Steelers are old they don't have the steel curtain no more , more like the old curtain that's need a change

Steelers are old they don't have the steel curtain no more , more like the old curtain that's need a change

They are still a top 5 defense, facing a questionable offensive line and a rookie quarterback. But it is the preseason, so who knows.

U know i wonder sometimes if the fans who posts topics like this one is really Colts fans. Where is the confidence in your team? We know the Steelers have a good Dfense, but it's not like threw the yrs. of playing the Colts they just dominated the Colts.Luck should be good in this gm.Because unlike some of these fans i understand that the Steelers are not that great in pass Dfense, but are great rushers and good against the run. That's why it's so important for them to blitz very often to get to the QB before he sees his target because they corners are really overrated. The difference with this kid (A.Luck) is he can read defenses very well so it will be interesting to see what adjustments and decisions he makes when they/(Steelers) come with these sneaky blitz pkgs. I do not care who wins this gm. I just want A.Luck and the 1st. team offense/and defense to look good and sharp when they are in there against the Steelers top starters. COLTSTRONG!

I am just being realistic. Realistically, the steelers are an overall better team than us. Sure we have upgraded in some areas during the offseason, but they are still better than us.

I am just being realistic. Realistically, the steelers are an overall better team than us. Sure we have upgraded in some areas during the offseason, but they are still better than us.

O.k. i be realistic if u be more pacific with your overall believe. Answer this question be more pacific are they better offensively than the Colts or defensively? Because in my opinion offensively i know for a fact there is not 1 receiver on there team better than Reggie Wayne his resume speaks for itself.

If we are talking first stringers 'winning' I think we have a legitimate shot at beating the Steelers IF Fleener and Allen show up to play better than they did against the Rams.

The final score will have us winning due to backup QB play.

Steelers are with out Harrison an d coordinator is out of his prime

The Steelers have proven that they can play without James Harrison. I'm sure their back-ups are pretty tough and well-coached as well. Dick Labeau is no spring chicken, I don't see him retiring anytime soon, maybe in 3+ seasons.

The Steelers have proven that they can play without James Harrison. I'm sure their back-ups are pretty tough and well-coached as well. Dick Labeau is no spring chicken, I don't see him retiring anytime soon, maybe in 3+ seasons.

Steelers are gonna slide this year because of their o line , and their defense gonna regress this year

Steelers are gonna slide this year because of their o line , and their defense gonna regress this year

Their offensive line is going to be just fine. They have Colon, DeCastro, Essex, and others. I don't know why you think that their defense is gonna regress this year. They have been dominant for the past decade and they haven't shown any signs of regression yet.

Orakpo is a LB, im talking about when it comes to coverages and what not... fletcher is pretty good but he's up there in age so if luck gets the better of him ppl will say its cause of his age.

Like I said...it's a different kind of test. He'll get pressured, but they are quality opponents.

Colts 24 - Steelers 17

I just don't see the Steelers improving much from last year. Our offense's depth appears to be very good as well. The Steelers may give Luck a harder time than the Rams but I look for the overall performance of the Colts offense to be the deciding factor.

Yeah, he didn't even play vs. NE last year and they seemed to needle Brady boy pretty good in that one.

A lot of people seem down on the Steelers this offseason. Which probably means they will be in the AFC title game next year or something, thats how they often roll.

Yeah, he didn't even play vs. NE last year and they seemed to needle Brady boy pretty good in that one.

A lot of people seem down on the Steelers this offseason. Which probably means they will be in the AFC title game next year or something, thats how they often roll.

Very true. They seem to like playing under the radar and with a chip on their shoulders lol. I hope you're wrong though. I can't stand the Steelers.

Very true. They seem to like playing under the radar and with a chip on their shoulders lol. I hope you're wrong though. I can't stand the Steelers.

Remember how much positive buzz we had on the Steelers heading into 2008? *crickets* It was all NE and Indy it seemed and Pitts had a first round exit by the JAGS of all teams the year before. Last year it was Tebow of all teams. (yes I just referred to Denver as Tebow often last year).

Now going into 2010 I don't recall hearing much about Pitts either? They didn't even make the playoffs in 2009 I believe.

I think 2 of 3 seasons under Tomlin that they have won the AFC North they have reached the SB. If they win the AFC North they could be dangerous.

Remember how much positive buzz we had on the Steelers heading into 2008? *crickets* It was all NE and Indy it seemed and Pitts had a first round exit by the JAGS of all teams the year before. Last year it was Tebow of all teams. (yes I just referred to Denver as Tebow often last year).

Now going into 2010 I don't recall hearing much about Pitts either? They didn't even make the playoffs in 2009 I believe.

I think 2 of 3 seasons under Tomlin that they have won the AFC North they have reached the SB. If they win the AFC North they could be dangerous.

Yeah, Tebow's win over the Steelers, Bears, and a lot of other teams was very shocking and made for good T.V. I'm sure the Steelers were P.O.d about it, and not getting much love from the media is only going to inspire them more. It is very possible that they win the AFC North this year, as long as defenses don't take cheap shots at Roethlisberger, who very unwisely revealed an injury to the public. Tomlin's a great coach, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them making a run in the playoffs this year. 2009 the Bengals and Ravens got in, Steelers didn't. This year someone in the North is going to have to be left out..cough Bengals cough lol.

O.k. i be realistic if u be more pacific with your overall believe. Answer this question be more pacific are they better offensively than the Colts or defensively? Because in my opinion offensively i know for a fact there is not 1 receiver on there team better than Reggie Wayne his resume speaks for itself.

Yeah Reggie Wayne is the best receiver out of both teams, but the first stringers won't be playing that much and Luck is playing against a top defense. And the system is still new offensively and defensively.

Yeah Reggie Wayne is the best receiver out of both teams, but the first stringers won't be playing that much and Luck is playing against a top defense. And the system is still new offensively and defensively.

I was really asking you to give a reason to believe Pittsburg is a better team than the Colts. To be honest i do not see it i think Offensively we are better, but defensively they are better. They have a more experience QB, but the Colts have a more younger and potentially more gifted QB who happens to be far advance then a normal rookie QB.Coaching Staff why's i give us a slight advantage more guys have more experience beside D.Lebeau Steelers staff is less experience now.

I was really asking you to give a reason to believe Pittsburg is a better team than the Colts. To be honest i do not see it i think Offensively we are better, but defensively they are better. They have a more experience QB, but the Colts have a more younger and potentially more gifted QB who happens to be far advance then a normal rookie QB.Coaching Staff why's i give us a slight advantage more guys have more experience beside D.Lebeau Steelers staff is less experience now.

The fact that we went 2-14 last year and Pittsburgh didn't, should tell you who is better. Now I know we have made many upgrades in many positions and this isn't the same team as last year, but the steelers are right now still better than us. Do you believe we will have a better season than the Steelers this coming year? They are still contenders IMO.

In a couple of years we may be better than them, but not right now we aren't.

ehh...Steelers were still the best D last year i'm pretty sure.

I stand corrected on last years ranking, but I watched several of their games last year, and they seemed sloppier than previous iterations, despite their stats. They are also getting older, and I anticipate that the Rams D will be ranked better at the end of this season. This is, after all, a prediction thread.

I stand corrected on last years ranking, but I watched several of their games last year, and they seemed sloppier than previous iterations, despite their stats. They are also getting older, and I anticipate that the Rams D will be ranked better at the end of this season. This is, after all, a prediction thread.

well yeah...you can predict that the Browns will win the AFC North, but it doesn't mean there won't be someone to say "ehh.....what?" lol

I predict that the Steelers will still have a top 5 defense like they've always had since the beginning of space and time.

I can see the Colts winning the Game, but its preseason. So IF I was a colt fan I would be happy see Luck recognizing blitzes and continues show that good pocket presence he showed last week against the Rams.

Lets be honest win or lose it doesnt show how good or bad either team is, or do people honestly think the Browns are better than the Packers lol

Colts passing defense looked weak last week and the run defense looked good. I would like to see an emphasis on the running attack on Sunday. We know we have a good passer so lets see how the running attack will support the air game. I should beaclose first half anfter that with the newbies playing idon't care. Because the Colt players are new this preseason is important to the team more so than a team of returning vets. I don't think we are going to have a pretty year but we should see many,many good things to come. So much depends on how management handles their chores. Go Colts!!!

You've concluded all of this based on one preseason game? Pittsburgh has been to and won multiple championships in the 2000's. It's a bit premature to declare, essentially, an expansion team (when you consider the amount of turnover we've had from this year to last) to be notably better at anything than a championship caliber team at this point.

We still really don't know what we have yet. It looks good so far, but again, that's based off of one preseason game.... that means absolutely zilch.

You should share whatever you're on with everyone else here. The majority of Pittsburgh's starters have been in multiple Super Bowls...yet 12 is so advanced, even as a rookie, that he is going to make this recently 2-14 ball club better than them?

well yeah...you can predict that the Browns will win the AFC North, but it doesn't mean there won't be someone to say "ehh.....what?" lol

I predict that the Steelers will still have a top 5 defense like they've always had since the beginning of space and time.

I get it, CR... you are a deep wellspring of all football knowledge, and I'm trying not to drown in the shallow pool.

If I can keep my head above water long enough, I might actually do something I usually make it a point to avoid: explain a prognostication...

So yeah, the Steelers were 1st in the league last year, statistically. So who did they play? Here's a partial list: 49ers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, Colts, Rams, and Jags. So why only list 7, and why those? Because they finished 2011 as the 7 WORST teams in offensive statistics last year.

So what is more logical: That these seven teams' Os were lousy because they all had to face the vaunted Steeler D (in a combined 8 out of 112 games), or the Steelers D's stats were made to look better because they played the worst teams (in 8 of their 16 regular season matchups)?

And.. Polamalu is 30, Farrier is 36, Harrison is 33, Taylor is 31, Foote is 31, Hampton is 34. Some of their biggest names are arriving at ages past which players at their position usually last. I agree... some of these guys are special, and it is possible they can keep trucking on, but reality is that father time catches up to everyone eventually.

The thing with some people is that they can only see what is obvious and right in front of them.

But hey, I'm not saying I can't be wrong. I was totally wrong about Vick last year. That doesn't mean my prediction doesn't hold water.

I get it, CR... you are a deep wellspring of all football knowledge, and I'm trying not to drown in the shallow pool.

If I can keep my head above water long enough, I might actually do something I usually make it a point to avoid: explain a prognostication...

So yeah, the Steelers were 1st in the league last year, statistically. So who did they play? Here's a partial list: 49ers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, Colts, Rams, and Jags. So why only list 7, and why those? Because they finished 2011 as the 7 WORST teams in offensive statistics last year.

So what is more logical: That these seven teams' Os were lousy because they all had to face the vaunted Steeler D (in a combined 8 out of 112 games), or the Steelers D's stats were made to look better because they played the worst teams (in 8 of their 16 regular season matchups)?

And.. Polamalu is 30, Farrier is 36, Harrison is 33, Taylor is 31, Foote is 31, Hampton is 34. Some of their biggest names are arriving at ages past which players at their position usually last. I agree... some of these guys are special, and it is possible they can keep trucking on, but reality is that father time catches up to everyone eventually.

The thing with some people is that they can only see what is obvious and right in front of them.

But hey, I'm not saying I can't be wrong. I was totally wrong about Vick last year. That doesn't mean my prediction doesn't hold water.

I think you took that a little too serious bro. I was just messing around. But it's cool...we can talk about it.

Here are some more statistics you can throw at me.

1. The Steelers have been a top 5 defense since 2004 except in 2006 when they were only in the top 10.

2. For those 7 games against the worst teams, they also played 7 games against playoff teams.

Like I said, you can have whatever prediction you want. But it's logical to think the Steelers D is going to good based on their track record of years past. It is illogical to say that something that is consistently good is going to be worse than something that is consistently bad in such a short amount of time. Aka "The Rams will be better than the Steelers". Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So far I have seen none to support your claim. That's all.

I think you took that a little too serious bro. I was just messing around. But it's cool...we can talk about it.

Here are some more statistics you can throw at me.

1. The Steelers have been a top 5 defense since 2004 except in 2006 when they were only in the top 10.

2. For those 7 games against the worst teams, they also played 7 games against playoff teams.

Like I said, you can have whatever prediction you want. But it's logical to think the Steelers D is going to good based on their track record of years past. It is illogical to say that something that is consistently good is going to be worse than something that is consistently bad in such a short amount of time. Aka "The Rams will be better than the Steelers". Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. So far I have seen none to support your claim. That's all.

OK... playoffs or no, the Pats are the only quality O they faced (ranked 2 in 2011). Texans were 13, Ravens 15, Titans 17, Cards 19, and Bengals 20. So only 4 of their 16 regular season games were against top half offenses.

The Rams have drafted very well in recent years on the defensive side of the ball, and have the pieces in place now to be good. That isn't to say everything WILL come together, just that the opportunity is there. My biggest concern for them is the possible impact the whole Gregg Williams fiasco could have on their team. And I'm not saying anything about their O, which is (most likely) not as ready to have a breakout year.

You are exactly the kind of guy I enjoy facing in fantasy football, where success is commonly determined by how well you can look at the shifting tides, and forecast the likelihood of when players are going to step up, where they will rebound, where they will hit a road bump, and where they will crash. Past stats only tell a part of the story, and are only as useful as one's ability to interpret them.