Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What other rookie besides Luck

StewieG

Will have the biggest impact (and I mean rookies we drafted not undrafted ones) this year!

I have to believe it will be one of our tight ends or maybe Vick Ballard. I think this was the best draft we have had in years and it should be one of the keys to years of success for us.

I tend to agree with the OP that it will be one of the TEs or Ballard. Mainly as I see them having the strongest ability to become starters. I could possibly put Chapman also in that group yet think McKinney will front that position for a majority of the season (most likely until Chapman can become fully 100%).

Yet as I think the point to this post was to try to pick one, I am going out on a limb and thinking Allen will have the most impact of the two. The reasons I think this are:

1. Coverages will role to Fleener in two TE sets (giving him the "weaker" coverage)
  2. Allen will be moved to FB more often (impacting the running game)

It's going to be hard to roll to Coby when you have Wayne and Avery on the outside and Collie working inside. Sounds like Flennor will be running the seam for easy yards.

Didn't mean that they will roll the entire defense towards Fleener. I was just trying to say that Fleener is going to get the better defender out of the two when they are both in. And typically there is quite a drop off from the third to fourth best coverage guy on a team.

In a two TE formation, I don't know if Avery will be in there unless an empty backfield.

One of the Tight Ends. Likely Fleener, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Allen. Luck will feed the both.

But I am curious about both of our rookie wide receivers. I'm very excited to see how Hilton and Brazill perform. If they really show well, our offense might really get a big jump start. It would be huge for the Colts.

Looking forward to seeing them both....