Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive LB Chris Galippo

MTC

Of course, I doubt it has to do with the upcoming draft though, he didnt show much in college because he was injured alot if I remember right and probably wasn't 100 percent when we picked him up, I had him on my Cut list

So I guess it's pretty much set in stone that our 4 ILB's will be Angerer, Conner, Edds and Harvey

Nope, Moala, Redding Mckinney and Chapman jeesh get with the program man, what do ya think we brought them in for :lol: that will teach running backs to run on us

Well we also were interested in Larry Lumpkin a LB from Alabama A&M in the supplemental draft....according to his old coach though he would often miss practices and wasn't interested in helping the team...although he was All South Atlantic Conference first team and led the team in tackles. So...we possibly are interested in a guy that doesn't like to practice? Well I hope interested means we read his facebook page. Could this cut mean we might take him! LOL

Sorry just feeling froggy since there is NOTHING to do during the summer. I don't think this has any connection to ANYTHING other than the guy wasn't making the team and we let him go. Perhaps to give him a chance to make another team or perhaps he wasn't giving effort or perhaps he failed a drug test...don't know but we already have spots open so regardless if we are interested in Gordon.

do luck fleener and allen all count as part of the 90 man roster right now? because if they dont then that would explain why we're making these moves and not replacing them with all players

I dont think they do since they arent signed yet but they will be signed so I am sure that is being kept in mind

Well we also were interested in Larry Lumpkin a LB from Alabama A&M in the supplemental draft....according to his old coach though he would often miss practices and wasn't interested in helping the team...although he was All South Atlantic Conference first team and led the team in tackles. So...we possibly are interested in a guy that doesn't like to practice? Well I hope interested means we read his facebook page. Could this cut mean we might take him! LOL

Sorry just feeling froggy since there is NOTHING to do during the summer. I don't think this has any connection to ANYTHING other than the guy wasn't making the team and we let him go. Perhaps to give him a chance to make another team or perhaps he wasn't giving effort or perhaps he failed a drug test...don't know but we already have spots open so regardless if we are interested in Gordon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29VsG35DQM

The filters at work edit out embedded video, but I'm assuming this is my favorite Youtube clip of all time:

Iverson: "If Coach tells you that I missed practice, then that's that. I may have missed one practice this year but if somebody says he missed one practice of all the practices this year, then that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told Coach Brown that you don't have to give the people of Philadelphia a reason to think about trading me or anything like that. If you trade somebody, you trade them to make the team better...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The people in Philadelphia deserve to have a winner. It's simple as that. It goes further than that.

Reporter: "So you and coach Brown got caught up on Saturday about practice?"

Iverson: "If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about practice. We're talking about practice man. (laughter from the media crowd) We're talking about practice. We're talking about practice. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice. When you come to the arena, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about practice right now. (more laughter)

Reporter: "But it's an issue that your coach continues to raise?"

Iverson: "Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice."

Man... first Vitatoe now Gallipo... We aren't going to have ANYONE with a fun name to say left on this team... Sheesh...

Chigbo Anunoby isnt going anywhere, Tim Fugger likely isnt going anywhere or Hayworth Hicks

Man... first Vitatoe now Gallipo... We aren't going to have ANYONE with a fun name to say left on this team... Sheesh...

Chigbo Anunoby isnt going anywhere, Tim Fugger likely isnt going anywhere or Hayworth Hicks

Fili Moala should keep us covered as well. We also brought in Zbikowski for (maybe) that very reason.

I had hopes for Gallippo. Guess he just lost his focus. Maybe He will get signed to a practice squad somewhere.

Dude's odometer just ran out...the amount of football that can be played before your body quits on you is different for everyone, and it hit Galippo a few years back. He was a heck of a talent coming out of high school and early on at USC, but injuries caught up to him. He's a shell of the athlete he was.

Dude's odometer just ran out...the amount of football that can be played before your body quits on you is different for everyone, and it hit Galippo a few years back. He was a heck of a talent coming out of high school and early on at USC, but injuries caught up to him. He's a shell of the athlete he was.

I can't say I know if injuries were the real factor here, but nonetheless that was depressingly put. xD

I had hopes for Gallippo. Guess he just lost his focus. Maybe He will get signed to a practice squad somewhere.

I don't think it had anything to do with focus. He just doesn't have the requisite tools and/or health level to play at this level. That's why every team in the NFL passed on him in every round of the draft.

I don't know, Lane Kiffen just benched him....I think it had to do a lot with character and work ethics more than injuries.

I don't know, Lane Kiffen just benched him....I think it had to do a lot with character and work ethics more than injuries.

It's not uncommon for new coaches to put in their guys at the expense of the upper classmen they didn't recruit, but Galippo's play didn't exactly warrant keeping him entrenched there, either.

I wouldn't discount the injuries, they basically robbed him of his athleticism and the chance to develop into what he could've. He had 2 back surgeries, starting his freshman year. Afterwards, he still had problems with it, along with other injuries. The writing on the wall was clear to any personnel guy that Galippo simply didn't have much football left in him. No matter what kind of talent he had, there's no chance he can give anyone 16 healthy games.