Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leftovers : Cincinnati Bengals CB's

FightLikeSin

Everyone on here agrees that we need a CB opposite Powers. With training camp around the corner, most FA's and draft picks signed...there are bound to be cap casualty's.

Current Bengals CB's :

• Nate Clements
  • Adam Jones
  • Jason Allen
  • Brandon Ghee
  • Dre Kirkpatrick
  • Terence Newman
  • Leon Hall
  • Shaun Prater

Surely, someone out of this list will be cut. Would you be interested in picking up a CB from Cincy or another team that faces a similar situation?

Leon Hall of course but that just wont happen, maybe Jason Allen, I wouldnt know who else faces a similar situation at this point

I gotta think Clements, Jones and Kirkpatrick are the 3 CB's they'll want around so I don't know why Leon Hall wouldn't at least be on the trade block.

I'd definitely look at Newman, Hall and Allen.

Another CB cap casualty would probably be Cary Williams from the Ravens. That is probably more likely given the ties to our new coach.

I gotta think Clements, Jones and Kirkpatrick are the 3 CB's they'll want around so I don't know why Leon Hall wouldn't at least be on the trade block.

Another CB cap casualty would probably be Cary Williams from the Ravens. That is probably more likely given the ties to our new coach.

tumblr_lcttnsi9AX1qb5bn1.gif

Wow they have some depth. Any one of those guys is already better than whoever makes our roster as the Nickel CB, at least in my opinion.

The only one I wouldn't want is Pacman.....didn't he just get sued for $13 million or something?

agreed. Jason Allen wouldn't be bad and Leon Hall coming off that torn Achilles might land him in the discount bin. They have a ton of depth and not enough money to keep them all.

Wow they have some depth. Any one of those guys is already better than whoever makes our roster as the Nickel CB, at least in my opinion.

The only one I wouldn't want is Pacman.....didn't he just get sued for $13 million or something?

Geeeee we sure could use Jacob Lacey now! haha

Yeah according to:

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/06/15/pacman-jones-loses-lawsuit/

Two men where injured, one paralyzed when a perp who was supposedly doing Pac's bidding shot them. I think it was in a Vegas strip club. He also reportedly demanded $15,000 from Pac after the attack.

Sounds like a really nice guy, someone I'd want playing for our team for sure. He would be up there with Jamal Tinsley and Stephen Jackson when the Pacers went all gangster. Shootouts and strip clubs, yay!

Yeah according to:

http://lasvegas.cbsl...-loses-lawsuit/

Two men where injured, one paralyzed when a perp who was supposedly doing Pac's bidding shot them. I think it was in a Vegas strip club. He also reportedly demanded $15,000 from Pac after the attack.

Sounds like a really nice guy, someone I'd want playing for our team for sure. He would be up there with Jamal Tinsley and Stephen Jackson when the Pacers went all gangster. Shootouts and strip clubs, yay!

Can't we all just share Meta World Peace? :)

This is the second part of my elaborate plan. Part 1 was convincing Jeff Ireland to trade Jake Long to us for a 6th or 7th

Why dont we just trade next years 7th for Kirkpatrick and next years 6th and our 2014 7th for Jake Long?

I'm sure if we we write Mr. Ireland a very sincere letter via e-mail (which he surely will get), he would consider the option.

Of course the Bengals don't want Dre so that's already in the bag.

Jake Long for Joe Reitz would be my choice or Jeff Linkenbach. Heck I will give them both for Jake Long

Definitely we could trade Link for Long. Once they see some game tape of Link, they will be in awe. Especially that play where he owns Antonio Garay!

something tells me Michael Jenkins will cause enough locker room issues in dallas that J.j. will be looking to move him really cheap or just outright cut him. Jenkins has made it clear he does NOT want to be in dallas anymore. im sure he will be glad to ride the bench and still get paid but i dont see the Cowboys letting him walk after the season with out getting anything in return.

Definitely we could trade Link for Long. Once they see some game tape of Link, they will be in awe. Especially that play where he owns Antonio Garay!

I tend to favor the plays vs the Texans in the first game where Linkenbach gave up two sacks and then there is the play where Joe Reitz got completely manhandled and knocked on his ### by Antonio Smith

Newman is total cr*p... theres a reason the Cowboys drafted Caliborne and released him

I just went back to look at his stats that were so terrible....I don't see where you are coming from. Whatever the reason...it would still be an upgrade don't you think?

Newman is total cr*p... theres a reason the Cowboys drafted Caliborne and released him

That 'crap' as you referred to him as had half as many picks (4) as our ENTIRE backfield did all season long (8). They let him go do to age primarily is my guess and that is backed up by them bringing in a younger Corner, furthermore I would bet money if I was a betting man that he could come right in and be our #1 Corner

I'd be happy to take a look at whoever is cut. Can't hurt.

Same with any other corners who are cap/roster casualties.

Gotta believe this has been part of the Grigson plan all along when he couldn't get a corner he liked in the draft. So, since the price will be right -- yes -- take a look, and if you like, then sign and upgrade the roster.

Always.

That 'crap' as you referred to him as had half as many picks (4) as our ENTIRE backfield did all season long (8). They let him go do to age primarily is my guess and that is backed up by them bringing in a younger Corner, furthermore I would bet money if I was a betting man that he could come right in and be our #1 Corner

How many picks did Revis have last year? 4? haha. Not comparing Newman to Revis, just saying 4 picks is pretty good for a guy that is total "crap".

How many picks did Revis have last year? 4? haha. Not comparing Newman to Revis, just saying 4 picks is pretty good for a guy that is total "crap".

Although he started 14 games and I did find this http://www.footballo...ing-stats-2011/ if he was targeted 64 times and had 4 picks and 8 pass defensed thats roughly 52 completions against him also according to the link he gave up 13.2 yards a catch so IF those stats are correct he really wasnt that good as a matter of fact one could say he was picked on

Why dont we just trade next years 7th for Kirkpatrick and next years 6th and our 2014 7th for Jake Long?

I'm sure if we we write Mr. Ireland a very sincere letter via e-mail (which he surely will get), he would consider the option.

Of course the Bengals don't want Dre so that's already in the bag.

how about Jake Long for Chandler Harnish, Straight up? He's way better than Tannehill.

Now that's a good deal.

While it would be very difficult to part with either of those, our drafts picks or Harnish, I guess it would be for the best if they had a change of scenery. I mean, what has Harnish done to help us win any games? He has 0 wins in his entire NFL career!

Well according to reports we should have around 7 million in cap space even after we sign our picks so if someone ends up being a cap casualty we might find some gems even yet. The only problem is Jacksonville and Tennessee have even more cap space than us so we still sit at the bottom of our conference.

I fully believe we will see another corner brought in to pair with Powers. We have clearly been looking hard for depth and if someone gets released before the season I believe we will pounce.

I hope Terrance Newman

Is there an unlike button?? I just don't see him as an upgrade for this team. He got abused pretty bad last year in Dallas. He gave up a ton of big plays and especially in crucial 4th quarter drives. He isn't what he once was and I think we have young guys just as bad we could throw out there now lol. Seriously...he isn't the answer...even for 1 year.

I just went back to look at his stats that were so terrible....I don't see where you are coming from. Whatever the reason...it would still be an upgrade don't you think?

Obviously you guys havent watched him play. I dont remember when stats are used to completely determine how good a player really is. He would be in the right place at the right time or have decent coverage to get thise picks. But 8/10 times he gets burned. I've seen it. Whenever dallas gives up a TD pass, its almost always newman on that guy

And our #1 corner? is that really saying much? He would be a #3 or maybe #2 on almost every other team.

Yeah according to:

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/06/15/pacman-jones-loses-lawsuit/

I agree, the Colts arn't squeeky clean but our most serious law breakers like to drive fast on 465 while smoking a joint, sleeping off a drunk in the ditch - OH and my all time favorite - the occasional dip the the Broad Ripple Canal LOL!!! :)