Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Justin King in for a "Look-See"

After the play from our secondary last year and after we added Pagano, I thought "there is no way our secondary will be worse than last year"....

In all seriousness, there's no saying what could happen. He could just be a camp body, or he might have actually worked hard and improved his game, or maybe he was simply in the wrong system over in St. Louis and our system is better for him

I am asking why are we even looking at the guy? Do they not like what they see in our current guys including the new UDFA? rated worse CB with injuries.. we have alot of CB like that now ? Hum..

I wondered the same but ehhh, Grigs could've been throwing the Kid's agent a bone (aka building/maintaining relationships). I don't see anyone considering King anything but depth. So it would appear Grigs was willing to bring him in and let him compete. But did he even get past the "look-see"?

Im writing an article about this now.

I'm all for this signing. King is super fast and getting better in the tacklign department. Could maybe compete for the starting job.

Andy, point us to the article when you're done. Look see can't hurt.

Having a look see does not mean signing. Maybe the coaches could see something in him that could be coached up. He has the speed who knows? The Rams have had some losing ways. Was it bad players or bad coaching, or both? There are always players who look bad at one place and look better on a different team with a different system. Happens every season.

Pagano picked up some former "busts" and some "scrubs" when he was with BMore and still maintained a Top-10 defense such as:

"Scrubs"

Chris Carr - UDFA (by the Raiders), Cary Williams - 7th Round (by the Titans), Frank Walker - 6th Round (by the Giants)

AND

"Busts"

Josh Wilson - 2nd Round (by the Seahawks), Fabian Washington - 1st Round (by the Raiders), Dominique Foxworth - 3rd Round (by the Broncos)

So picking up a few low risk-high reward free agents wouldn't hurt as you never know which ones may flourish under new coaches and a different scheme!??!