Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerraud Powers high on Luck [Merge]

HtownColt

Powers met Luck during the team’s rookie minicamp earlier this month, and playfully spared with him.

“I was like, ‘Well, did you throw any picks?’’’ Powers said. “He kind of looked at me and, ‘Uh, no, I don’t think I did.’ I was like, ‘Well, I’m Jerraud Powers. I’m pretty sure I’ll be picking you off a lot.’

“He kind of laughed at me, ‘No, I don’t think you will.’’’

Luck’s reaction left an impression.

“That just shows you the guy has a personality, but he’s also got that QB swagger, cockiness if a good way,’’ Powers said. “I think he’s going to step in and be a heck of a quarterback. I think he’s going to be a heck of a quarterback early. People say give him a couple of years, but I think he’s going to step in and do a heck of a job this year.’’

Jerraud: "I'm pretty sure I'll be picking you off a lot"

Luck: "I've seen you on film. If I ever throw a pick to a DB with a 15 yard cushion, I'll hang myself"

you can kiss that stupid cushion goodbye

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this last week but its funny.

Can sombody tell Jerraud...that Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis dont have to introduce themselves to the rookies because they've watched them make big plays on Sundays for years..

And maybe if Jerraud had been picking off people off in REAL games

...Luck might have recognized him...

Luck still busy at Stanford as Colts continue workouts

Wednesday May 16, 2012 - 5:44 PM

CBSSports.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts are out of Luck at this week's minicamp.

With new quarterback Andrew Luck still finishing two college classes, team officials are doing what they can to make sure the No. 1 overall draft pick doesn't fall behind in his football studies before returning to Indy on June 8. Veterans can't wait to get a peek at Luck.

"I came in to do some maintenance stuff the last day of rookie mini-camp and I asked him `Did you throw any picks?"' cornerback Jerraud Powers said.

"He said, `I don't think I did.' So I said, 'Hi, I'm Jerraud Powers and I'll be picking you off a lot in practice."'

Welcome to the NFL, kid.

Aside from the ribbing Luck and his fellow rookies will take from the older guys this season, the Colts don't seem too concerned about not having Luck around.

Coach Chuck Pagano said Wednesday that the Colts have stayed in constant communication with Luck, that he's been busy with the team's playbook and that he's been able to work out with at least two college teammates, Coby Fleener and Griff Whalen, while at Stanford Fleener and Whalen are both on the Colts' roster.

The Colts would obviously prefer to have Luck in Indy. Apparently, Luck, who is trying to earn his degree in architectural design, would rather be in town, too.

"He does football in the morning, he stays on top of stuff," Pagano said. "I just talked to him last night, and it's killing him not to be here."

NFL rules bar rookies from attending team camps other than one three-day rookie mini-camp until classes are finished. In Luck's case, he wraps up academic work June 7 and has said he will be in Indy the next day.

I missed this last week but its funny.

Can sombody tell Jerraud...that Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis dont have to introduce themselves to the rookies because they've watched them make big plays on Sundays for years..

And maybe if Jerraud had been picking off people off in REAL games

...Luck might have recognized him...

P

Luck still busy at Stanford as Colts continue workouts

Wednesday May 16, 2012 - 5:44 PM

CBSSports.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts are out of Luck at this week's minicamp.

With new quarterback Andrew Luck still finishing two college classes, team officials are doing what they can to make sure the No. 1 overall draft pick doesn't fall behind in his football studies before returning to Indy on June 8. Veterans can't wait to get a peek at Luck.

"I came in to do some maintenance stuff the last day of rookie mini-camp and I asked him `Did you throw any picks?"' cornerback Jerraud Powers said.

"He said, `I don't think I did.' So I said, 'Hi, I'm Jerraud Powers and I'll be picking you off a lot in practice."'

Welcome to the NFL, kid.

Aside from the ribbing Luck and his fellow rookies will take from the older guys this season, the Colts don't seem too concerned about not having Luck around.

Coach Chuck Pagano said Wednesday that the Colts have stayed in constant communication with Luck, that he's been busy with the team's playbook and that he's been able to work out with at least two college teammates, Coby Fleener and Griff Whalen, while at Stanford Fleener and Whalen are both on the Colts' roster.

The Colts would obviously prefer to have Luck in Indy. Apparently, Luck, who is trying to earn his degree in architectural design, would rather be in town, too.

"He does football in the morning, he stays on top of stuff," Pagano said. "I just talked to him last night, and it's killing him not to be here."

NFL rules bar rookies from attending team camps other than one three-day rookie mini-camp until classes are finished. In Luck's case, he wraps up academic work June 7 and has said he will be in Indy the next day.

What the heck? Was that article written in the 1700s or something?

"I came in to ye ole training grounds for some combat training the last day of fledgling training and I pondered to'est thine new fledgling quarterback `Did'st thou throw any picks?"' cornerback Jerraud Powers asked.

"The fledgling came back as saying `I don't think I did kind shrew.' So'est I spoke unto him, 'Greetings, I'm Sir Powers and I'll shall be stealing thine possessions a lot in training."' *

Yep, I'm just bored so I converted it, maybe a little earlier than the 1700's

"I came in to ye ole training grounds for some combat training the last day of fledgling training and I pondered to'est thine new fledgling quarterback `Did'st thou throw any picks?"' cornerback Jerraud Powers asked.

"The fledgling came back as saying `I don't think I did kind shrew.' So'est I spoke unto him, 'Greetings, I'm Sir Powers and I'll shall be stealing thine possessions a lot in training."' *

Call me dumb but that was kinda difficult for me to read..

I'll convert it to its essence:

Powers: "That water is cold"

Luck: "And deep too!"

(punch line to an old joke, but it does sum up their conversation)

Actually it was before that. Being a student of Palaeography (the study of old hand writting), I have concluded that the documentation predates the 1600s. I have found that the article itself was written somewhere between 1520-1550 and most likely wrote by the late great Nostradamus. It is a very old valuable article, it's whereabouts are unknown after it was stolen from the Museum of French History by the Germans. I believe Indiana Jones is working on its retrieval right now.

Ya, verily!! Young Knave. Begast your evil critique of the regal type!!