Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Colts trade Flacco

Patrick Miller

6 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I just read an article proposing that the Colts should trade Flacco to the browns for a 6th round pick in the 2025 draft.  What say you? 

A dumb trade for both teams. 

• Like 1

#1 - No, we don't trade him.  We need an experienced QB to win games when AR is out with injury.

#2 - We'd never get anyone to trade for him anyway.  The guy is nearly 40 years old.  He has already been out of the league once as it is.  Why would you trade anything for him?

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I just read an article proposing that the Colts should trade Flacco to the browns for a 6th round pick in the 2025 draft.  What say you? 

Not for a 6th rd pick.  But they are reportedly open to moving some players.  Now if we could acquire Njoku as part of the trade I would be interested.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He might start in the arena league next year

That's ok.  He can start for us this year if AR goes down. 

Nobody really is enthused about paying money to watch Flacco play a playoff game anyway.

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

I would take a 6th in a heart beat. IF AR gets hurt we don't win anyway.

See that’s what I figured everyone’s mindset was. They dont want to play Flacco over AR bc they don’t think He and /or the team is good enough to get very far in the playoffs and they want to get AR reps. So if that’s the case why not get something for him even if it’s a 6th rd pick? Again I wouldn’t trade him but I am of the opinion He should be starting over AR.

• Like 2

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

See that’s what I figured everyone’s mindset was. They dont want to play Flacco over AR bc they don’t think He and /or the team is good enough to get very far in the playoffs and they want to get AR reps. So if that’s the case why not get something for him even if it’s a 6th rd pick? Again I wouldn’t trade him but I am of the opinion He should be starting over AR.

You have common sense.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Because AR has yet to prove he can stay healthy. It’s not fair to the rest of the team if he gets hurt to not have a capable backup. Until AR can prove he can stay healthy and he is the guy colts need to keep a capable backup.  Colts have too many vets and are still good enough to play with most teams in this league.

44 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

There is also a contingent who believes that AR gives us a better chance to get into the playoffs.  And they want Flacco around to win a couple of games Sam wouldn't to then hand the reigns back over to our Star QB who would give us a better chance of winning/playoffs than Flacco.   Which is probably more wishful thinking than a realistic position.

So yes. what is most likely is that Flacco will sit on the bench while AR plays and we still lose enough games to not make the playoffs, because AR simply isn't that good right now.  IOW, a waste having Flacco on the roster. 

Which means it was probably a waste to sign him in the first place, but they gotta put a positive face on every season until the very end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There is also a contingent who believes that AR gives us a better chance to get into the playoffs.  And they want Flacco around to win a couple of games Sam wouldn't to then hand the reigns back over to our Star QB who would give us a better chance of winning/playoffs than Flacco.   Which is probably more wishful thinking than a realistic position.

So yes. what is most likely is that Flacco will sit on the bench while AR plays and we still lose enough games to not make the playoffs, because AR simply isn't that good right now.  IOW, a waste having Flacco on the roster.

AR isn’t why colts have lost 3 games 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

That's ok.  He can start for us this year if AR goes down. 

Nobody really is enthused about paying money to watch Flacco play a playoff game anyway.

I'm sure there will be a sold out stadium if he plays in one.   Sam isn't playing in the NFL 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The point is we can still win while he develops. Hot takes that think we aren’t going to see him develop are silly.  He might not but to make  that determination already is just dumb.

A better point is that its still unlikely we make the playoffs if he plays.  And, does anybody really care about watching a one and done road playoff game?  Yawn.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure there will be a sold out stadium if he plays in one.   Sam isn't playing in the NFL 

That's true.  They can probably find 60.000 folks willing to pay $300 to watch crappy football.

I don't care about Sam.  

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

A better point is that its still unlikely we make the playoffs if he plays.  And, does anybody really care about watching a one and done road playoff game?  Yawn.

Yes fans are.   I guess you aren't one.     Yawn

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Then why are you here?   If you think it's crappy,  why do you watch?

To see improvement.  Why else. 

Certainly not to get all sloppy over a possible result.

People have different definitions of crappy football, and different reasons for watching football.  For years, you've acted like the forum patrolman trying to run off people who don't enjoy things for the same reasons you do.  

• Thanks 1