Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts OTAs Thread May 21st-23rd; May 29th-31st; Mandatory Mini Camp June 4th-6th **Updated Title

Nate Atkins on X: "It’s only 7-on-7 but Joe Flacco looks the part. Like a touchdown on every throw." / X

George Bremer on X: "Catch of the day: Tyrie Cleveland climbs the ladder for a contested red-zone TD from Sam Ehlinger. #Colts" / X

On 6/3/2024 at 1:06 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The rivalry between Stroud and AR is going to be fun to watch.

I am an OHIO STATE fan, and loved Stroud, but I love the mobility and cannon arm that AR brings 

This will be a next 12-15 year rivalry (I hope)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is what I read too from a different source. 

He injured his back throwing a pass.

I wonder if he is working out too hard ?

On 6/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The rivalry between Stroud and AR is going to be fun to watch.

I actually really dislike that video. From a human standpoint.

I'm a Stroud fan. I think he's going to be a really good one if not great in this league. With that said it's a game and stop yapping your trap CJ.

This video tells me that he is probably already reading his press a bit much or at very least feels the need to express his credibility along with his initial success. AR, I truly believe, will stay humbled with success in any facet based on how he has talked in public so far and for that, I'm thankful. It's very Marvin-esque and that is cool. Stroud sounds like a street punk and that's a shame because I think he really is talented. I'm sure he's a great guy too. No need to fall to that. Maybe it's all in jest. It's just a turnoff for me whoever talks like that. 

Competitive is fine. Having a fire is fine. But the rap genre calling out the other type of stuff is so old hat. Others may feel differently but for me it's not needed or necessary. Anywhere. 

For the record, I'm a Colts fan that does not hate Stroud. I'm a football fan who just happens to root for the Colts and also enjoyed Stroud's first year. 

Here's hoping Stroud stays healthy and competitive but also matures past feeling the need to street cred himself in a private or public forum. 

-Peace

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I actually really dislike that video. From a human standpoint.

I'm a Stroud fan. I think he's going to be a really good one if not great in this league. With that said it's a game and stop yapping your trap CJ.

This video tells me that he is probably already reading his press a bit much or at very least feels the need to express his credibility along with his initial success. AR, I truly believe, will stay humbled with success in any facet based on how he has talked in public so far and for that, I'm thankful. It's very Marvin-esque and that is cool. Stroud sounds like a street punk and that's a shame because I think he really is talented. I'm sure he's a great guy too. No need to fall to that. Maybe it's all in jest. It's just a turnoff for me whoever talks like that. 

Competitive is fine. Having a fire is fine. But the rap genre calling out the other type of stuff is so old hat. Others may feel differently but for me it's not needed or necessary. Anywhere. 

For the record, I'm a Colts fan that does not hate Stroud. I'm a football fan who just happens to root for the Colts and also enjoyed Stroud's first year. 

Here's hoping Stroud stays healthy and competitive but also matures past feeling the need to street cred himself in a private or public forum. 

-Peace

One of your best posts. I don't disagree with any of it :thmup:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not a big deal at this time, but I hope AR is 100% by the time he takes contact in a real game. Don't want this to be a regular occurrence, especially when you combine his reckless playing style with the injury. I hope he can play all year. Last thing we need is him getting nagging injuries every game. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I hate that. Can we have a season without injuries to key players, thanks?

I am not going to get worked up about things like this when we are six or seven weeks until camp. It probably just got overworked a little.  He said on the Mcafee show he was about 95%. He was stretching his back yesterday. This stuff is probably just precautionary as it’s only June. He went back in for one more rep after this and Flacco finished.

13 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Not a big deal at this time, but I hope AR is 100% by the time he takes contact in a real game. Don't want this to be a regular occurrence, especially when you combine his reckless playing style with the injury. I hope he can play all year. Last thing we need is him getting nagging injuries every game. 

He isn’t reckless. You want to see reckless go watch will Levis who plays like early Andrew luck.

• Like 1

Honestly, we do not know if it's completely injury related. AR was terrible in red zone yesterday according to reports. Maybe Shane wanted to show him how a vet handles it. It's minicamp, not training camp. All is ok.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not going to get worked up about things like this when we are six or seven weeks until camp. It probably just got overworked a little.  He said on the Mcafee show he was about 95%. He was stretching his back yesterday. This stuff is probably just precautionary as it’s only June. He went back in for one more rep after this and Flacco finished.

I know it is, but AR needs all the reps he can get with the starters.

It just annoys me it's always key players - Pittman with the knee and AR. It's likely just minor stuff, but still...

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I know it is, but AR needs all the reps with the starters he can get.

It just annoys me it's always key players - Pittman with the knee and AR. It's likely just minor stuff, but still...

The key is to make sure they are ready July 25th for camp. That should be the goal.

2 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

Honestly, we do not know if it's completely injury related. AR was terrible in red zone yesterday according to reports. Maybe Shane wanted to show him how a vet handles it. It's minicamp, not training camp. All is ok.

Looks like trainers were looking at his shoulder a couple of times today. I am sure it’s just soreness from getting back to normal reps. James Boyd said no one seemed worried and he didn’t leave the field.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I knew it was too quiet an off-season. We haven’t had one this quiet since before Luck retired. Even that summer wasn’t quiet with all the speculation about him not being ready for camp. I told my best friend that exact same thing last night, and then this today. 

Hopefully it’s nothing. 

29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I knew it was too quiet an off-season. We haven’t had one this quiet since before Luck retired. Even that summer wasn’t quiet with all the speculation about him not being ready for camp. I told my best friend that exact same thing last night, and then this today. 

Hopefully it’s nothing. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield- You just didn't think we could skate through 3 months of pure peace lmao . There really hasn't been anything to report so far that has been bad, usually there are 3 or 4 things it seems by now. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like trainers were looking at his shoulder a couple of times today. I am sure it’s just soreness from getting back to normal reps. James Boyd said no one seemed worried and he didn’t leave the field.

seal team pain GIF by CBS

Would not surprise me if Flacco is the starting QB, Richardson body is brittle, Look at Levis or Young the hits they took and there still playing even Stroud took some big hits last year. 

Just now, mirobi48 said:

Would not surprise me if Flacco is the starting QB, Richardson body is brittle, Look at Levis or Young the hits they took and there still playing even Stroud took some big hits last year. 

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mirobi48 said:

Damn it isn't even July yet and you are worried already over nothing. Outstanding. 

Burrow was out for Cincys mini camp as well for precautionary reasons. 

No reason to toss your franchise QB out there just to end up losing them for the season in June. I’m fine with him being on a pitch count if it means he’s better prepared for the long season ahead. 

44 minutes ago, mirobi48 said:

I hope Levis remains healthy. The fact he had a QBR of 33 last year was impressive.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

So Pittman is sitting because he bumped his knee last week but AR is throwing while showing obvious discomfort after having shoulder surgery.  All righty then.

AR has said he still gets aches and colts said they would manage it. Throwing is like doing rehab. To get the shoulder pain free he probably needs to throw.  He isn’t going to injure it again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

So Pittman is sitting because he bumped his knee last week but AR is throwing while showing obvious discomfort after having shoulder surgery.  All righty then.

Pretty sure Pitt knows his job.   AR is still developing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty sure Pitt knows his job.   AR is still developing 

I’m pretty sure the majority of the vets know their jobs but there is still a mandatory mini camp.  AR  is still developing and recovering from season ending surgery and experiencing discomfort.  Seems odd they’re being cautious with a WR but not the franchise quarterback.  Hopefully it all works out.