Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Trade for Stefon Diggs

nick caserio keeps on building a dynasty, what a talented gm

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who is left in the bargain bin? 

J/k :) 

Texans probably lock a Top 2 seeding in the AFC, IMO.

for sure they will

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

AFC south looking alot different.. well you know except for Indy lol. I'm fine with it.. but dang it'll probably be a long fall/winter

it sure will be a long winter on the outside looking in

Just now, indykmj said:

Good to see that at least one NFL front office contingent feels a sense of urgency....

you nailed it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

The Texans are looking to lock in the division next season !!

Bad news for the Colts !

If everyone stays healthy for the Texans, we will have a problem.

I love my Colts, but fully expect that Texans to compete with KC for the conference

The big question is, do we go "ALL IN" in 2025, like the Texans did in 2024

Also

Stephan Diggs will be 31 in Nov........  You wonder how many more years he has

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

caserio does not shop in the bargain bin, he goes all in each season to win it all

Caserio can build as good of a roster as a Madden GM in real life. That's definitely a compliment. 

Texans have the 7th best odds to win the SB now at +1500 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mopar_Smith said:

On the Bright side we play the Bills this year.  

They may not be done and might go after a younger Aiyuk?? Not sure but that might get done after June 1st when TreDavious White comes off the books and frees up $12 mil. of their cap space. They will have to backload Aiyuk's contract still because the Diggs trade benefits them only in 2025 and forward.

Texans got Danielle Hunter too, if I am not mistaken.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Caserio can build as good of a roster as a Madden GM in real life. That's definitely a compliment. 

IMO, the Texans are currently the 4th best team now in the AFC. (Chiefs, Ravens, Cincy with a healthy Burrow). Their GM is doing what OUR GM should be doing. I am happy we brought our star players back - Ballard did good there, but if Ballard was the man, he would've easily pulled off a deal like the Texans did with Diggs. I want to see Ballard trade for Justin Jefferson. I just want one thing as a Colts fan under Ballard where I can say WOW! That would be a WOW. Even Jim Irsay as GM pulled a WOW when we traded for Eric Dickerson, and we won the division because of it in 1987.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

They managed to make the plethora of draft picks they had pay off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

They managed to make the plethora of draft picks they had pay off.

Their GM is better than ours and that pains me to say it as being Mr Positive. I have Ballard in the top half of the league, 16th or so which is respectable but the Texans have a better one. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

If everyone stays healthy for the Texans, we will have a problem.

I love my Colts, but fully expect that Texans to compete with KC for the conference

The big question is, do we go "ALL IN" in 2025, like the Texans did in 2024

Also

Stephan Diggs will be 31 in Nov........  You wonder how many more years he has

Do you still believe Chris Ballard will ever go ALL IN?

Dog Exercise GIF by DevX Art

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Do you still believe Chris Ballard will ever go ALL IN?

Dog Exercise GIF by DevX Art

Not really

But...... if we go backwards this year......  It may be time for a GM change

If we keep moving forward, even a little bit, its ok, but we need to keep improving

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Not really

If we keep moving forward, even a little bit, its ok, but we need to keep improving

Not saying a GM change is needed. 

But, I don't think Ballard will ever go all in and get free agents or trades left and right like Texans have done...

First of all, Ballard needs to go over the price limit or whatever limit he sets during negotiations for a truly difference maker like Hunter, and that'd be a baby step. 

However, Until his tenure ends, I think he'll stand by his philosophy and build the roster via draft mostly, and sometimes a trade or value free agent in a year. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I didn't know they got Joe Mixon. Somehow I missed that news.  

They badly missed success in running game last year and it was all passing game or bad games, in some games Singletary did look good and the offense had some balance but it was few far and between. When Bengals released Mixon, Texans brought him in. Looks like free agents had Houston as favourite destination too, probably because of Stroud hype. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Not really

It as all on AR now.  Stroud proved to be the Texans QB of now and the future.  Had AR stayed healthy and played well, the Colts would have made the playoffs and things would be different.  Right now the team needs AR to play like a first round QB and play well. 

• Like 1

Watching the TV sport jocks today a general agreement seems to be Buffalo could not wait to get rid of Diggs and he is no longer the player he was because most of his work was short passes because he can't get open. He was not a team player with the Vikings was also pointed out today. So stay tuned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

It as all on AR now.  Stroud proved to be the Texans QB of now and the future.  Had AR stayed healthy and played well, the Colts would have made the playoffs and things would be different.  Right now the team needs AR to play like a first round QB and play well. 

I dont disagree, BUT

Stroud, by the end of the year was a top 5 QB in the NFL

Take this talent and add MUCH MORE talent. and they will be very hard to beat

I am hopeful that AR grows this next year, and looks the part, in the offseason next year, we may make some more aggressive moves.... (Like the Texans are doing right now)

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not saying a GM change is needed. 

But, I don't think Ballard will ever go all in and get free agents or trades left and right like Texans have done...

First of all, Ballard needs to go over the price limit or whatever limit he sets during negotiations for a truly difference maker like Hunter, and that'd be a baby step. 

However, Until his tenure ends, I think he'll stand by his philosophy and build the roster via draft mostly, and sometimes a trade or value free agent in a year. 

Ballard owns the team members

We have had a bottom 5 defense the past two years, no improvement

We had too many false steps at QB

We still havent found a stud DE

All I am saying is the clock SHOULD be ticking here, not that we need to dump CB...... YET

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Texans gave up a 2nd rounder in 2025, how is that too much? By anyone's measure, Diggs is a top 5-7 WR in the league. If anything, the Bills got fleeced. 

He was supposedly a locker room cancer

The one that bugged me most was the tiny amount given up to get Pro Bowl DE Haasan Reddick

He went for a 2026 conditional mid level pick

He would have been a perfect pickup for the Colts

Im not clear why we didnt make a move there

He is better than any DE we have today.  Why not

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

He was supposedly a locker room cancer

The one that bugged me most was the tiny amount given up to get Pro Bowl DE Haasan Reddick

He went for a 2026 conditional mid level pick

He would have been a perfect pickup for the Colts

Im not clear why we didnt make a move there

Delayed gratification still being sought out with Paye and Dayo.

They are going to give Gus Bradley some hair raising meds before every game to come up with hair raising blitzes. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Delayed gratification still being sought out with Paye and Dayo, along with Ebukam.

These are all "good" players

Every team needs good players

Watching Paye be handled one on one, down after down after down.......

We need the player that can get the pressure when needed

Interesting that they gave up a 2nd round pick and then rework the contract as a 1 year deal, that seems like too high of a draft pick for a one year rental. I feel these type of deals don't work out for the team receiving the player to often but we will see, the Texans are definitely going all in.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont disagree, BUT

Stroud, by the end of the year was a top 5 QB in the NFL

Take this talent and add MUCH MORE talent. and they will be very hard to beat

I am hopeful that AR grows this next year, and looks the part, in the offseason next year, we may make some more aggressive moves.... (Like the Texans are doing right now)

The correct time to be "all in" is when you know your QB is and will play great.  The Colts are a year away from that but hopefully AR shines.  

• Like 1