Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pressers from Owners meetings

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

My guess certain Colts media will be out for blood, there’s been a lot of articles written emotionally lately. 

A lot of the “fan” media like stampede blue is out for blood.  Most of the local media that works for TV stations and beat writers for papers/sights like the athletic are just kinda going what did you expect Colts fans?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

My guess certain Colts media will be out for blood, there’s been a lot of articles written emotionally lately. 

Nah they typically just ask soft ball questions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Nah they typically just ask soft ball questions 

And they make it up on the spot - ask the first thing that pops into their heads.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

A lot of the “fan” media like stampede blue is out for blood.  Most of the local media that works for TV stations and beat writers for papers/sights like the athletic are just kinda going what did you expect Colts fans?

Thst isn’t who he is talking about. The local media all have podcasts. They have not been happy.

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Since it looks like holder is the only one there we probably won’t get any answers on the secondary because he won’t ask the hard questions.

I’m just gonna say this, an offense that can stay on the field and score points can help a defense be a better unit by being fresher and not always under pressure to make a big play. Our first half defense for the most part was pretty solid. But by the 3rd quarter, we gassed. I think that’s a big factor that is often overlooked.

yes I have secondary concerns. A lot of them.  But there are two areas of this team I have zero doubt that Ballard will find a gem or two, the first being LB and the second being DB. We’ll be fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope holder was talking about offense and not this horrendous secondary.

The Colts were pretty much in the middle of the pack in every major category for pass defense last year. Considering their inexperience, I dont think its fair to call them horrendous. Darrell Baker Jr was pretty bad at times, but I thought they played pretty well most of the time, all things considered. 

They should make a major jump this year. 

3 hours ago, #12. said:

And they make it up on the spot - ask the first thing that pops into their heads.

They'll have questions ready.  I think we already know most of them, and I think we can guess the answers.

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

# the defense I guess. 😒

Colts are feeling like getting Richardson back is going to help everyone.  There is some logic to that.  Last year, especially in the second half of games, we saw the offense go into dry spells where they kept going three and out and that would wear the defense out.  If the offense can stay on the field longer that will in theory help the defense be more fresh and should make them better.

I also think they are a couple of other things the Colts are figuring in, one the draft hasn’t happened yet and neither has the “second round free agency”. They will still add some players to the defense in all likely hood.  

The second is they are probably banking on another off-season of workouts and season of experience helping the young players on defense make a jump.  How often do we hear that the largest jump a player will make is going from his first to second year in the NFL?

Will it work?  Stay toned,  no one can honestly answer that as a fact either way in March.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts are feeling like getting Richardson back is going to help everyone.  There is some logic to that.  Last year, especially in the second half of games, we saw the offense go into dry spells where they kept going three and out and that would wear the defense out.  If the offense can stay on the field longer that will in theory help the defense be more fresh and should make them better.

I also think they are a couple of other things the Colts are figuring in, one the draft hasn’t happened yet and neither has the “second round free agency”. They will still add some players to the defense in all likely hood.  

The second is they are probably banking on another off-season of workouts and season of experience helping the young players on defense make a jump.  How often do we hear that the largest jump a player will make is going from his first to second year in the NFL?

up 

Will it work?  Stay toned,  no one can honestly answer that as a fact either way in March.  

I think, "Stay Stoned" will be a better way to cope up with all these. :D

Looks like Ballard isn’t doing a presser until tomorrow maybe. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

They can ask the hard questions and rightfully so, but if we’re expecting to some bombshell revelations we need to take a step back rethink things.

No but it could give some insight into things.

Shane is extremely popular with the Eagles press, they obviously miss him. Great to know that they still wish to have our guy. 
I thought the tight end question during the session was extremely interesting, I think we take Bowers at 15 if he is still there and be extremely happy about it. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They don't give insight into anything

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe Ballard had to push his presser back because he is finalizing a player acquisition.   On second thought.  Erase that thought.

Glad to see Ballard acknowledge the secondary still needs work. I think this might of come from a sit down with colts podcast and not his presser but not sure.

In the defensive backfield, though, Ballard said there could be opportunities to do more through free agency in the coming weeks.

"We know we need to add and there's still some vets out there that we will definitely pay attention to," Ballard said. "But there's still work to be done."

The Colts like some of their young cornerbacks and safeties, and believe JuJu Brents, Jaylon Jones, Dallis Flowers, Nick Cross and Daniel Scott all have upside as they enter Year 2 or Year 3 in the NFL. Ballard specifically discussed those cornerbacks on Tuesday.

"No question we got work to do in the secondary still," Ballard said. "But I like our three young corners. JuJu's gotta be healthy, we gotta get Dallis back healthy, we think we will. We think JuJu will be back healthy. We think both of them are very good. I think we underestimate what Jones did. I thought Jones played really good football last year and did it against some very talented wideouts and never once backed down. He's going to continue to get better. We think these guys are going to continue to get better."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Glad to see Ballard acknowledge the secondary still needs work. I think this might of come from a sit down with colts podcast and not his presser but not sure.

In the defensive backfield, though, Ballard said there could be opportunities to do more through free agency in the coming weeks.

"We know we need to add and there's still some vets out there that we will definitely pay attention to," Ballard said. "But there's still work to be done."

The Colts like some of their young cornerbacks and safeties, and believe JuJu Brents, Jaylon Jones, Dallis Flowers, Nick Cross and Daniel Scott all have upside as they enter Year 2 or Year 3 in the NFL. Ballard specifically discussed those cornerbacks on Tuesday.

"No question we got work to do in the secondary still," Ballard said. "But I like our three young corners. JuJu's gotta be healthy, we gotta get Dallis back healthy, we think we will. We think JuJu will be back healthy. We think both of them are very good. I think we underestimate what Jones did. I thought Jones played really good football last year and did it against some very talented wideouts and never once backed down. He's going to continue to get better. We think these guys are going to continue to get better."

Like I thought.  He is very patient.  Upgrades are in the works but at the right cost. Otherwise he moves on to plan B.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

So pretty much the same he's done every year here.

Yep.  But now he thinks he has his quarterback like all of us are hoping.  That’s what he’s banking on him and Steichen together for the year.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard also told press they have started talks with Blackmon. Holder just said on radio he thinks they will also sign a FS.

I’m starting to think Blackmon will be back and with a new FS I will feel 100%  better with the safety group.

• Like 1