Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

3 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Fixed it for you 😁

Thank you and I should add to that the fact that I didn't realize Minnesota's other pick in round one is 11. So they could indeed trade up high enough to draft one of the 3 higher rated QBs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

That's because you're so annoyed when someone has a different view point, and you keep count on how many times a particular person had disagreed with you.

Think about it.

I disagree with lot of people here, I have annoyed some, but it's just a matter of how the discussion goes but I never take anything personal against anyone, and the next morning, I am willing to listen to each one of them and would love to learn from others.

Now, read your post again, and figure it yourself why I didn't want to continue to reply everyone of your baseless accusation like I'm trying to yank your chain so often. I don't.

I sent you invitation to 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, you are gonna accuse me of yanking your chain for that too?

I don't carry forward any disagreement and let it boil into despise over the future, and read anyone's reply based on how they treated me the last several times.

It will be the same for you from me. But, I'll learn to stay away from you as you still didn't get back into the original point of discussion. 

Now, you can have the last word. Thanks, and Bye. 

ive got your name in my little black book chennai

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don’t know on that- possibly for as long as it takes (we would most certainly get a safety- although that might be part of it with Diggs, you never know. You get Snead and I’ll sign that day, type of deal) 

but it seems like Sneed doesn’t want out of KC unless he is getting exactly what he wants. I don’t necessarily blame him. Maybe he puts a high dollar value on staying with the team for a chance to go 3 peat, I don’t know. 

Just curious, can KC not afford to keep Sneed on the tag this year and must trade him?

I find it a bit suspicious that they would let a really good member of their defense walk in a year they want to set a record of 3 peat.  They'll jeopardize achieving that legacy for what....a 3rd round pick? 

Seems like they are simply selling at a high point because they think his play might come down after he plays another season?

I guess they feel they can't get him under the cap by the time they shuffle the roster for the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This has been a blast for all of us.  No way would this conversation be better suited for PM.  Much better to keep it going here in the free agency thread.  Much better for everyone all around. :thmup:

Just now, DougDew said:

Just curious, can KC not afford to keep Sneed on the tag this year and must trade him?

I find it a bit suspicious that they would let a really good member of their defense walk in a year they want to set a record of 3 peat.  They'll jeopardize achieving that legacy for what....a 3rd round pick? 

Seems like they are simply selling at a high point because they think his play might come down after he plays another season?

I guess they feel they can't get him under the cap by the time they shuffle the roster for the season.

All points I have considered… 

I’d say he is a threat to hold out on the tag. In his ideal world, he wants a long term contract with them, but it’s likely not going to happen, since they have McDuffie to work in there as well in a few years. So they are willing to trade for Sneed’s sake… and for the points you make on selling high. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm fully expecting them to resign him. Which is gonna be a big waste of time for all the teams sitting here waiting on the Sneed resolution

2 hours ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think it is so funny that people are on here and are shocked that Ballard hasn't made any big signings 

Then again they probably walk outside in the morning and see the sun rising in the east and say "Damn it did it again!"

Hey, this time, we traveled further East, so maybe Sun will rise in the West now! 

2 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

This has been a blast for all of us.  No way would this conversation be better suited for PM.  Much better to keep it going here in the free agency thread.  Much better for everyone all around. :thmup:

I'm about to delete all. It is unnecessary.

Folks need to know when to keep the peace. Read and ignore.

• Like 3

Just now, AKB said:

I'm fully expecting them to resign him. Which is gonna be a big waste of time for all the teams sitting here waiting on the Sneed resolution

Yeah at this point I think Sneed and the Chiefs are wasting everyone’s time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I wasn't suggesting do whatever it takes to be successful. But winning the right way is still winning. And until the winning happens, there should be some pushback, not just positive spin. But there isn't really a voice like that among the Colts "media" for whatever reason.

Kevin Bowen does a good job of asking Ballard tough questions. Holder is afraid to lose his access. The Cult of Ballard is so odd. Seven years of proven mediocrity and his support is strong. I’m sure I’ve read about how valuable a  QB on a rookie deal is but not how CB operates. By the time next free agency rolls around, AR will be entering his third year. It’s folly to think CB is going to nail every pick to fill this team’s holes. I think CB may lack the creativity of a good GM — so draft, sign your own is an easy road map to follow. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah at this point I think Sneed and the Chiefs are wasting everyone’s time. 

That could bite them both in the future. By the reports, it’s not KC holding it up… I think he’d be elsewhere if he wasn’t holding it up. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That could bite them both in the future. By the reports, it’s not KC holding it up… I think he’d be elsewhere if he wasn’t holding it up. 

It would definitely affect how other teams would approach the Chiefs about trades in the future. 

I think Sneed would prefer to stay with the Chiefs, but money will ultimately make the decision for him. 

We’ll see. I just think it’s been a bit of a farce so far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Kevin Bowen does a good job of asking Ballard tough questions. Holder is afraid to lose his access. The Cult of Ballard is so odd. Seven years of proven mediocrity and his support is strong. I’m sure I’ve read about how valuable a  QB on a rookie deal is but not how CB operates. By the time next free agency rolls around, AR will be entering his third year. It’s folly to think CB is going to nail every pick to fill this team’s holes. I think CB may lack the creativity of a good GM — so draft, sign your own is an easy road map to follow. 

One thing that hasn’t been discussed is that these reporters have the full data on what gets the most engagement. If they know that negative undertones in their articles don’t get the engagement that glamorous ones do, then they aren’t going to write it… If it gets people writing bad things and blocking them on Twitter, they aren’t going to write it… 

if they don’t get full answers to their pressing questions, when they could get tons of content on softballs thrown at Ballard, then it’d be hard to waste your questions.

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

stratchon, patmon? 

Just a few years ago we had 6 foot 4 to 6 foot 7 pass catchers across the board aside from one or two players…

PC was on IR and Cain didn't work out.  And there were probably some other slot guys in and out along the way.  Stauchan was a UDFA for goodness sake.  And then there is speedy Dulin in the last few years.  Seems like Frank wanted more than just big physical guys, which every coach wants big guys too.  

9 minutes ago, Jason_ said:

Well, it's good to have some entertainment outside regular conversations, Especially in Frozen slow mover days like the start of free agency in Indianapolis :P

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

PC was on IR and Cain didn't work out.  And there were probably some other slot guys in and out along the way.  Stauchan was a UDFA for goodness sake.  And then there is speedy Dulin in the last few years.  Seems like Frank wanted more than just big physical guys, which every coach wants big guys too.  

I get that. And that’s been a big problem for Ballard, not only at receiver. Turay had a lot of potential until a major injury that he never recovered from. Lewis (while still here rolling) never reached his potential for untimely injuries. It’s a crappy thing of bad luck for this franchise. 

And not to trip over nickels and dimes, but Strachan was the first of two 7th round picks after drafting Ehlinger. 

• Like 1

Okay, now, what else is going on with Colts free agency? I have not paid enough attention.

Just now, AKB said:

most people think of the better business bureau when they hear BBB

I think of Bargain Bin Ballard.

200.gif

:)

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No he wasn’t.

Well….  If you believe in PFF grades Juju was better.   

Juju was ranked 66th out of 127 CB’s

Jones was ranked 94th of 127.  

I don’t know your view of PFF?   But that’s their view.   

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think of the buncha big babies on this forum come the offseason… 

i actually have faith in shane to give us some decent football, so I haven't been too upset this offseason. 

I do think we need a safety, and corner. But we still have the draft and stuff

Just now, NFLfan said:

What's going on? Have you thought of a deal for Justin Jefferson yet?

yes, for justin jefferson I make you a very serious offer. 

Pierce

Tony Brown and Mckenzie's paper note they passed back and forth to argue 

and.... a goodwill gift card signed by BBB himself

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Superman said:

Calvin Ridley was injured most of 2021, and then suspended all of 2022. And still had basically the same amount of yards and TDs, on fewer catches. 

Context is key, lol.

That's in 22 more games than Ridley.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKB said:

i actually have faith in shane to give us some decent football, so I haven't been too upset this offseason. 

I do think we need a safety, and corner. But we still have the draft and stuff

Pierce

what is this draft you speak of?  I was given the impression by others here that the Colts play their first game next week and we're not even remotely prepared for that!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Then you have Thomas who is just horrendous. Ballard thought cross would develop and he gave up a future pick and he hadn’t developed either. 

its odd because Thomas didn't start out horrendous. 

1 minute ago, AKB said:

its odd because Thomas didn't start out horrendous. 

Yeah they depended on a kid who played well the year before to keep playing well.  He didn’t.  It happens to countless players every year regardless of where they were drafted.

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

Pierce

I need two firsts for JJ.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d be more interested in the trade cost.  I don’t have an issue with the money.  

Same. I'd even consider viewing him as a one year rental, and being ready to trade him again in 2025 or 2026. Play it like the Rams do.

• Thanks 1