Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

6 minutes ago, Lifetime Colt said:

When the Colts address the LB coverage issue, both the DL and secondary will improve. 2023 season DL sets team record for sacks, but near the bottom of the league in pressures. When the LB's cant cover the middle of the field the quick hitters/check downs are wide open all day 5-15 yards downfield, and there is no time to get pressure. 

I read a PFF report from 2023 season that had EJ Speed ranked #1 in NFL among ILBs in giving up fewest yards in coverage (4.9, I believe). 

Maybe, he consistently gives up 5 yard cushion by design, and covers well beyond that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Davis is a starting calibre DT. Great depth to have behind Buck and Grove. We’ve a lot of cap invested in the interior of both the oline and dline now thou.

So I was driving around this morning and listening to Bowen and his partner and Bowen said he asked Ballard what he considers premium positions and cover your eyes @Superman he said to him the trench’s are the premium positions.

Just now, CoachLite said:

Wonder what influence our new DLine coach had on this signing?

Hopefully a lot, with the others as well.

I'm pumped for our new DL coach. Probably should remember his name... Lol.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Davis is a starting calibre DT. Great depth to have behind Buck and Grove. We’ve a lot of cap invested in the interior of both the oline and dline now thou.

so the whole draft should be playmakers on offense and defense. WRS & DBs my favorite type of draft let’s goooo 🤩

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are probably going to have to do some restructures once the dust settles. They have room for one big contract.

Can clear $5.9m with just Mo.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hopefully a lot, with the others as well.

I'm pumped for our new DL coach. Probably should remember his name... Lol.

I think I watched his mom and dad on TV in the 70s ...

Charlie Partridge.jpg

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are probably going to have to do some restructures once the dust settles. They have room for one big contract.

Only if they need too. Not much point to do it unless you have too

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Do we really need to have a giant messy merge of every FA move? It makes it difficult to find and discuss a certain move or player.

For example, I fully expect this post to go unnoticed.

Sorry to let down your expectations… 

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

He hasn't graded out very well on PFF.

58.8 last year 

36.5 in 2021

43.4 in 2022

58.8 in 2023

... I guess... at least he's on upward trend... :dunno:

I just don't get it. Like... I get wanting a backup for Grover. I don't get this contract... Are you telling me teams were lining up to give Davis over 3-4M a year? 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

36.5 in 2021

43.4 in 2022

I just don't get it. Like... I get wanting a backup for Grover. I don't get this contract... 

If all we wanted was a "big guy" to plant in the middle when Stewart needed a breather we could've gotten that in the 7th round or as a UDFA... this seems like a waste.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That  tells you that they saw a huge weakness behind Grover. 

Yeah, but we're paying $7m for a backup. Not a starter we can play as a backup - an actual backup. He's barely average.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah, but we're paying $7m for a backup. Not a starter we can play as a backup - an actual backup. He's barely average.

I'm sure there's an easy out in year 2 if he doesn't live up to expectations.

Y’all can chill with the contract that Davis got. We badly needed a backup in that position who doesn’t * suck, and it’s a fair market price. He’s levels above what we were putting out there and used when Grover was suspended. 

• Like 1