Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, 1959Colts said:

The way things are going...

It's looking like the Colts will have their cap spent, and we will be fielding nearly the exact same team as last year.

Gardner Johnson

Josh Uche

Kyle Fuller 

Curtis Samuel/Marquise Brown 

Two of these & I’ll be happy 

I wonder how this impacts pushing for Sneed. I don’t see it being pressing now… especially at the cost. Perhaps they were using it as a tool to get this deal with Kenny done. Maybe they aren’t banking on Flowers returning to what we need and will still push for it. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I wonder how this impacts pushing for Sneed. I don’t see it being pressing now… especially at the cost. Perhaps they were using it as a tool to get this deal with Kenny done. Maybe they aren’t banking on Flowers returning to what we need and will still push for it. 

Colts still need a vet on the outside.

20 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Kenny been wanting out of indy about a contract ago......I like his play but the Colts haven't loved him $$$$$ the way he wants to be loved $$$$ ....Didn't he sign his last deal and year later want it re-tweaked? He clearly wants more $$$$$$ I mean love from the team. Ha ha 

I think you have him mixed up with Gilmore. Gilmore was the one that wanted out after 2022. homer simpson GIF

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

To replace who? Brents? Isn’t that like walking away from last years 2nd rounder AND whatever picks given up for Sneed AND whatever other additions we could have for the amount of cap he is going to take up? That doesn’t seem realistic or reasonable to me. 

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I asked you a simple question regarding your hypothetical of Ballard being fired… and you responded with this- 

Putting “respectfully” while being condescending works the opposite. Don’t tell me how to think… you didn’t even dare to ask what I was thinking for more clarification. You jumped down my throat for asking a question, and not one that was illogical. But go on how I came after you… lol. I wasn’t in the mood to argue until you posted that. 

here is another example of condescension at its finest… 

To your last part, go look at the post by GoColts 1888.   He wrote a long post explaining in detail why the poster was wrong.   I tried to say it simply in two sentences.  I was in a moving car and have been trying to keep my posts short and to the point.   

But again, you’re so determined to win at any cost that you jumped in where you weren’t needed or wanted.

And again.  Originally, you and I weren’t even talking, I made a post that you disagreed with and YOU went after ME.  Tried to end it simply with agree to disagree and even THAT wasn’t acceptable so you attacked that.   

This is a terrible sequence for you so I’ll make it easy.  Block me.  Ignore me.   We should try hard to ignore each other.   Not interested in having more exchanges like this one.   Time is too important to me.  Enjoy the website without me.  I’m sure that won’t be hard.  

8 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Gardner Johnson

Josh Uche

Kyle Fuller 

Curtis Samuel/Marquise Brown 

Two of these & I’ll be happy 

Good luck with that...

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

To replace who? Brents? Isn’t that like walking away from last years 2nd rounder AND whatever picks given up for Sneed AND whatever other additions we could have for the amount of cap he is going to take up? That doesn’t seem realistic or reasonable to me. 

We need another outside corner to go with Brent’s. 

Just now, AKB said:

we are known for paying and keeping our own players under Ballard, outside of a few. Looks like this offseason is no different. 

It’s actually how it should be done then go get a couple in FA to fill some holes.

I hope we can get a deal done for Snead and sign Jordan Fuller. Those two additions would bring alot to this defense. Bringing Blackmon back as well would be great but not sure how much money is left now.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I love paying our guys,  but I don't see how that makes the team better.   Hopefully AR stays healthy and we make big strides going forward 

I keep hearing Snead this, Snead that, he would make the team better but if we get him, I would be shocked. I do want Kenny back though.

29 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Kenny been wanting out of indy about a contract ago......I like his play but the Colts haven't loved him $$$$$ the way he wants to be loved $$$$ ....Didn't he sign his last deal and year later want it re-tweaked? He clearly wants more $$$$$$ I mean love from the team. Ha ha 

Um,  what?  When did any of that happen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Now that Kenny is back Ballard can pull the trigger on the Snead trade or sign a Corner and or safety.  Now it’s time to bring in some new starters.  In house business pretty much done.

Y’know, the problem is that you’d have to trade picks to get Sneed AND give him top FA dollars, like we did for Buckner.  For that, he’d have to be “perfect”, like Buckner.  Those  31.5 inch arms probably give CB a little pause…

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The Sneed thing could take time as they have trade to work out plus a contract extension. Hopefully we will know soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that has already been done.  Just waiting on Ballard to pull the trigger.