Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl game

Myles

Those who think the NFL planned on making KC win didn't see the 2 plays where a review would have given them a first down on one play and maybe a first on another but it was up to an upstairs review and they were never done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

I bleed blue, but I sure do like the Chiefs! If the Colts can't win it (and who knows if they ever will again in my life time), the Chiefs can win it every year in the Mahomes and Reid era. 

Can't take this seriously. 

i know i dont really care if colts are not in it

2 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

I said Niners not Shanahan although as the coach he will get primary blame.  But he did make some bad calls down the stretch. 

The Niners didn’t lose to an inferior team. They lost to a team that has now played in the last four Super Bowls winning three of them.  The Chiefs have the best QB in football who is halfway to a 1st ballot Hall of Fame career plus a future Hall of Fame head coach.  

I think fans and media are way, way too quick to assign blame.   It was a good game.   Sorry one had to lose.  But if the 49ers kicker makes the extra point, we might be having a different conversation. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ice. In. The. Veins. 

I really thought he was going to do it end of regulation. When they settled for the fieldgoal in overtime, I said “uh oh.” 

Just 3 seconds left in OT. It was like a slow death for 49ers fans. Eagles fans I know and Packers fans I know, all despise 49ers, so they’re probably happy too.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Niners didn’t lose to an inferior team. They lost to a team that has now played in the last four Super Bowls winning three of them.  The Chiefs have the best QB in football who is halfway to a 1st ballot Hall of Fame career plus a future Hall of Fame head coach.  

I think fans and media are way, way too quick to assign blame.   It was a good game.   Sorry one had to lose.  But if the 49ers kicker makes the extra point, we might be having a different conversation. 

Just in this years playoffs, the Chiefs beat the Dolphins, Bills, Ravens and 49rs.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ice. In. The. Veins. 

I really thought he was going to do it end of regulation. When they settled for the fieldgoal in overtime, I said “uh oh.” 

It was the correct call to make at the time.   

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

Those who think the NFL planned on making KC win didn't see the 2 plays where a review would have given them a first down on one play and maybe a first on another but it was up to an upstairs review and they were never done.

Yes, that is a good point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Chiefs were the better squad I was shocked they were underdogs going into this game, SF had to rally vs Green Bay and Detroit, they played a very solid game but KC was obviously the better squad. Las Vegas took a beating tonite. 

This is an interesting perspective.   For me this falls under the heading that we all see the same thing differently.  

I thought SF had the much better roster.  Not even close.  To me the difference was that KC had the much better QB, especially down the stretch.  And that’s not a knock on Purdy who was good, but not good enough.  But if the 49ers kicker had made the extra point, this conversation would likely be different. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Chiefs were the better squad I was shocked they were underdogs going into this game, SF had to rally vs Green Bay and Detroit, they played a very solid game but KC was obviously the better squad. Las Vegas took a beating tonite. 

I did not realize the Chiefs had been underdogs. Are you sure? Most of those involved in football seemed to be picking the Chiefs. Everyone but one person on CBS thought the Chiefs would win. I really can't see how the Niners were favored, given the experience of the Chiefs and Mahomes at QB.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is an interesting perspective.   For me this falls under the heading that we all see the same thing differently.  

I thought SF had the much better roster.  Not even close.  To me the difference was that KC had the much better QB, especially down the stretch.  And that’s not a knock on Purdy who was good, but not good enough.  But if the 49ers kicker had made the extra point, this conversation would likely be different. 

Advantage at QB by a wide margin but also at TE by quite a bit (Kittle is very good but Kelce #1 by a bit though Laporta may challenge very soon).  O Line to KC based on pass blocking, I think SF D better overall but KC's Dbs are better for sure. Special teams KC by a wide margin and that showed tonite multiple times. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize the Chiefs had been underdogs. Are you sure? Most of those involved in football seemed to be picking the Chiefs. Everyone but one person on CBS thought the Chiefs would win. I really can't see how the Niners were favored, given the experience of the Chiefs and Mahomes at QB.

Yes spread was SF -1.5 

• Thanks 1

Let's move on from talking about Fox News/CNN/other media channels. Talking about the media often encourages talk of politics, which is against the rules.

Any more thoughts on the Super Bowl?

Good night, all.

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Let's move on from talking about Fox News/CNN/other media channels. Talking about the media often encourages talk of politics, which is against the rules.

Any more thoughts on the Super Bowl?

Good night, all.

Special teams though often an after thought was front and center tonite 

• Like 1

I started watching the game with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd qtr. I will say this, the amount of unbelievable offensive holding and takedowns that BOTH teams got away with was astounding. First time the Colts lose a big gain or a touchdown on a tricky-tack, phantom nonexistent holding penalty next season I won't be happy. I thought a big point in the game was Spags dialed up blitzes in key situations in the 4th qtr. and overtime, in stark contrast to us as we NEVER blitz we just sit back and give up multiple 3rd and longs every game, sickening. Good game though, hopefully Richardson will stay healthy and start dominating so we can give the chiefs some competition, overall we do have the better roster, we just need better qb play and a more AGGRESIVE defensive game plan(i.e. more blitzes, just ask the chiefs!)

The Chiefs are becoming the dynasty that's as disliked as the Patriots were. They condone bad behavior (looking at Kelce) which is not a good look for a championship team.  I would reluctantly congratulate them, but can't say that I'm thrilled with the win. 

56 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Like it or not

There is a new Dynasty.

Congratulations to the Chiefs!

Yep.

“I mean, I’m gonna celebrate tonight. I’m gonna celebrate at the parade. And then I’m gonna do whatever I can to be back in this game next year and try to go for that three-peat,” Mahomes said. "So, it’s an ongoing thing in the NFL, I think Tom [Brady] said it best — once you win that championship and you have those parades and you get those rings, you’re not the champion anymore. You have to come back with that same mentality, and I learned from guys like that that have been the greatest of all time at the top of the level and so that’s my mindset, I’m gonna celebrate with my guys because of how we’ve done this, but then we’re gonna work our way to get back to this game next year.”

Four Super Bowl appearances, three wins, and Mahomes hasn’t even hit his 29th birthday. Buckle in, there’s a good chance the best version of Mahomes hasn’t existed in the NFL yet. The Chiefs will have work to do to continue this dynastic run, a damn near impossibility with the amount of parity legislated into the league, but as running back Isiah Pacheco said after the game, “It’s time to PARTY!” And we'll know who'll be leading the festivities.

https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-masterpiece-of-a-season-and-he-saved-the-chiefs-super-bowl-on-a-vintage-play-081144009.html

Through all the success, Mahomes still speaks with a level head as he increasingly grows into the NFL’s version of Darth Vader.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

The Chiefs are becoming the dynasty that's as disliked as the Patriots were. They condone bad behavior (looking at Kelce) which is not a good look for a championship team.  I would reluctantly congratulate them, but can't say that I'm thrilled with the win. 

I love Mahomes and what he brings to the table. Kelce is eccentric, no doubt, and as long as his HC is OK with his antics, they got it under control, though that particular instance was a bit over the top. 1 catch for 1 yard in the first half as a star TE, we look at Diggs, we look at Terrell Owens, we look at DaVante Adams, we look at Tyreek Hill, every single one of them has done that, sparred with their OC or HC regarding not getting the ball. They are competitors.

With Patriots, it was hatred and dislike. With the Chiefs, it is more like jealousy to me because they manage to construct a very good team all around and their coach and QB are more likeable. But winning comes with a price and it is not universally received well in a league designed for parity.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Like it or not

There is a new Dynasty.

Congratulations to the Chiefs!

Yep.

Brady had a losing record vs the Broncos early, then evened it up and then lost to the Broncos again when playing against Peyton. Brady and the Patriots' quest for a 3 peat was spoiled by the Broncos in 2005. But then we couldn't cash in because we lost to the Steelers.

I predict the same with Mahomes. Mahomes - only 2 QBs to have beaten him in the playoffs, are Brady and Burrow. Next year, Mahomes loses to Burrow in the playoffs who spoils his 3 peat attempt.

You are the witness for my prediction - you and @NFLfan and I will add in @2006Coltsbestever and @Solid84, my good pals with good memories. :) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep.

Brady had a losing record vs the Broncos early, then evened it up and then lost to the Broncos again when playing against Peyton. Brady and the Patriots' quest for a 3 peat was spoiled by the Broncos in 2005. But then we couldn't cash in because we lost to the Steelers.

I predict the same with Mahomes. Mahomes - only 2 QBs to have beaten him in the playoffs, are Brady and Burrow. Next year, Mahomes loses to Burrow in the playoffs who spoils his 3 peat attempt.

You are the witness for my prediction - you and @NFLfan and I will add in @2006Coltsbestever and @Solid84, my good pals with good memories. :) 

We can’t have him winning 3 in a row! 👍

I think the Bengals (and Burrow especially) will be HOTT next season. 

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yep.

Could be.  

Right now I'm of the opinion to never count Mahomes out.  It seems nothing gets him flustered.  So many were ready to count them out several times, yet....... he got it done.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

We can’t have him winning 3 in a row! 👍

I think the Bengals (and Burrow especially) will be HOTT next season. 

Yep. The Bengals don't have to play the Texans or Bills, The Chiefs do. The Bengals also play a bottom of the division schedule. No Texans, No Bills, Yes to Titans, Yes to Patriots.

If not for the AFC North beating each other up, I would say Bengals have a good chance to be No.1 seed. I can definitely see the Bengals finishing at No.2 seeding. This is the Bengals schedule - I see 7 wins already, easily. Plus, it is impossible for the Chiefs to keep both Chris Jones and L'Jarius Sneed. They probably re-sign just Chris Jones and hope to coach up the rest of the secondary.

HOME

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Denver Broncos

Las Vegas Raiders

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Commanders

New England Patriots

AWAY

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

Dallas Cowboys

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

New York Giants

Carolina Panthers

Tennessee Titans

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mahomes had the toughest route ever to get to and win the Superbowl.   I trust he will take care of the Bengles or won't face them next season.  

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again, that’s why I said it didn’t rise to that level.  It was just an example of sometimes star players can get away with things others can’t.  If Sorgi had yelled at the oline like that he would have been gone.  

Clearly what Kelce did was worse and I fully agree it was a bad look I am just saying Reid knows he can’t bench Kelce in the Super Bowl.  He will address it after the game with him.

I wonder what if Phil Simms did that to Parcells?!!!

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Did I hear wrong that Kelce had on reception for one yard in the first half?

No. That was a big part of why Kelce was irked about. He has a right to do so but the way he want about it caught fans, and even Andy Reid off guard, not a fan of how he did it.

Otherwise, Diggs, DaVante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Terrell Owens have all sparred with their OCs and/or HCs wanting the ball at critical times if left ignored. That part doesn't bother me, it is how they do it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

I didn't see much of the halftime show but what I did see wasn't very good.   Whatcha think?

I picked KC to win, I got that right. Having said that, at Halftime, I went outside to get air. 1 person that was over was smoking a heavy-duty Cigar, The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO). So, I went out for about 30 minutes and just drink a beer. The weather here was good. It was chilly but no wind and around 40 at Half. I missed the Halftime show. The spread we had was awesome. I probably ate 20 Hot Barbecue wings through the night and drink 2 Crown Royals drinks and around 4 or 5 beers. That was a hell of a game. One of the best I have seen in a long while for a SB. It was better than last years IMO. 

• Like 1