Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl game

Myles

Whatcha doing for it.  

What to eat?

Any interest in the halftime show.

For me:

Staying home, having a friend or 2 over.

Chicken wings, beef and cheese dip and lots of other stuff.

No interest in the Usher halftime show, may not even watch.

• Like 3

Staying home maybe watching a movie, eating chicken nuggets, fries and other things. Will check  out the score occasionally on NFL website. I might watch some of the game if it's a close score. Otherwise don't care who wins in the "Swiftie Bowl." 

I can see all the commercials on You tube. I'm not real familiar with Usher's songs, so maybe will watch some of halftime. 

Going over to my friend Brent's house. He has having over around 5 or 6 people. He is going to order and pickup 100 Wings from BW3's. 50 Hot Barbecue, 50 Regular Mild. He also has a ton of summer sausage with cheese and crackers for more finger goodies. He will have a nice big plate of that ready. He will have the normal stuff as well like a couple bags of Cheese Doritos and a couple of bags of Ruffles with Onion Dip. It is BYOB, I am taking over a 6-pack of my 9% Voo Doo IPA strong beer and a pint of Crown so I can do 2 or 3 shots. 

Regarding the Halftime Show, I rarely watch and probably won't this time either. That will be my time to go outside and get fresh air. Probably do a shot too Celebrating Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons- PARTY!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Staying home maybe watching a movie, eating chicken nuggets, fries and other things. Will check  out the score occasionally on NFL website. I might watch some of the game if it's a close score. Otherwise don't care who wins in the "Swiftie Bowl." 

I can see all the commercials on You tube. I'm not real familiar with Usher's songs, so maybe will watch some of halftime. 

That is a shame.  I expect it to be a good game.  NFL only had 25 seconds of Taylor Swift footage at the AFC Championship game, so I don't think it is the "Swiftie Bowl" at all.  I'm pulling for the Chiefs a little bit but would not be upset to see Purdy win a Super Bowl.   I will be watching the whole game.

• Like 2

I'm just over saturated with Taylor Swift news all the time. It becomes too much; the media has made this year's Super Bowl all about Swift, even if the network shows her only for a few seconds. If she and Kelce ever break up, then the news will be about the failed relationship. There is more important news than what Taylor Swift is up to. I'm tired of her, Kelce and the whining by certain KC players when they don't get their way. 

OTOH, I wouldn't mind seeing Brock Purdy pull out a victory. He seems like a good guy. 

• Like 1

Staying home and just eating regular stuff.  Before we moved to Myrtle we used to have a couple of friends over and we would eat

stuff we weren't supposed to, haha.  That was a lot of fun.  Now we're old and don't really care what we eat, lol, so there's really nothing special.  Football Sunday is always burger day, so we'll probably do that.

Thinking KC will win, but as much as I like them I'm probably going to root for Purdy and CMAC for the upset.  I usually like the underdog...dog...

Dog?? 

Maybe I'll have a couple of hotdogs tomorrow as well!!

I was rooting for a Lions and Ravens Super Bowl. So, I am not looking forward to this game as I would have been if either the Lions or Ravens were playing in it.

Halftime shows don't usually interest me and I don't watch commercials. I watch the Super Bowl for the game and don't pay much attention to anything else.

As for this matchup, I don't like or dislike either team and I am not sure which one I will root for. It was a lot more fun when I could root against a team I disliked such as the Cowboys and Patriots. haha

• Like 4

• NFLfan locked, unlocked, pinned and featured this topic
36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was rooting for a Lions and Ravens Super Bowl. So, I am not looking forward to this game as I would have been if either the Lions or Ravens were playing in it.

Halftime shows don't usually interest me and I don't watch commercials. I watch the Super Bowl for the game and don't pay much attention to anything else.

As for this matchup, I don't like or dislike either team and I am not sure which one I will root for. It was a lot more fun when I could root against a team I disliked such as the Cowboys and Patriots. haha

Why do you hate the Cowboys so much? With you being a Vikings fan, I would think you would hate the Packers and Bears more than anyone. Like with me, I root against all our division opponents and I hate the Pats and Steelers for obvious reasons as they were our biggest rivals at 1 time.

I do get why you hate the Pats because everyone was getting sick of them winning. + the cheating, Ref help, etc.. The Steelers have had more Ref help than any team I have ever seen dating back to the 70's. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why do you hate the Cowboys so much? With you being a Vikings fan, I would think you would hate the Packers and Bears more than anyone. Like with me, I root against all our division opponents and I hate the Pats and Steelers for obvious reasons as they were our biggest rivals at 1 time.

I do get why you hate the Pats because everyone was getting sick of them winning. + the cheating, Ref help, etc.. The Steelers have had more Ref help than any team I have ever seen dating back to the 70's. 

I became a football fan in the early 90s. The first team I disliked was the Cowboys because they seemed to win all the time. I disliked Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. Also there were a lot of Cowboys fans where I live and I found them hard to deal with. As you know, I go to games with my friend, the Giants season-ticket holder. Fans of other opponents are pretty classy, but Cowboys fans seem to start fights. Just my experience.

Most Vikings fans dislike the Cowboys and Saints as well as the Packers. I don't like the Packers, but there are not many Packers fans living near me. The Bears have not won much while I have been a fan; so, I did not really develop a dislike for them.

• Like 2

Superbowl seems to be a big deal in my family. Even though I'm the only one who watches football, my wife and children will join me today. So I'll have some snacks for them. Chicken wings from the best place in town. Homemade Mac and cheese. And some chips and dips.

Wifey and I have a huge interest in Usher so that'll be good. Wifey is also a Reba McEntire fan so she'll also enjoy the national anthem. 

Also not worried about Taylor Swift. She and 20 other celebrities will have their faces shown.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Myles said:

That is a shame.  I expect it to be a good game.  NFL only had 25 seconds of Taylor Swift footage at the AFC Championship game, so I don't think it is the "Swiftie Bowl" at all.  I'm pulling for the Chiefs a little bit but would not be upset to see Purdy win a Super Bowl.   I will be watching the whole game.

I feel like Eminem was actually shown more this postseason than her.. the whole crowd singing his song... Could you imagine the chiefs actually singing along with one of her songs during pregame?! 😂

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Wifey and I have a huge interest in Usher so that'll be good.

What is Usher's most popular song? I'm going to see if I know it. I am a 70s and 80s music person. I cannot name a song by Taylor Swift or Usher, but I am sure I have heard them because my siblings and their children listen to their music.

• Like 2

I'll be at home with the wife making air fryer wings.

I have found getting take out wings is really expensive and the wings are small.

I bought some large wings at the grocery store and going to try some Facebook wing recipes.

Rooting for the 49ers, can't stand the chiefs.

I'm concerned the game is going to be a blowout as I think Purdy is going to melt under pressure.

What is the over and under on how many times the camera shows Taylor? 50 ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

I'll be at home with the wife making air fryer wings.

I have found getting take out wings is really expensive and the wings are small.

I bought some large wings at the grocery store and going to try some Facebook wing recipes.

Rooting for the 49ers, can't stand the chiefs.

I'm concerned the game is going to be a blowout as I think Purdy is going to melt under pressure.

What is the over and under on how many times the camera shows Taylor? 50 ?

Wings are getting expensive…

I don’t see it a blowout in favor of the chiefs, although I’m not betting against them. I think it’ll be close, as the chiefs are going to have their work cut out against this defense, who I think will be the best side of the football in this game. Chiefs defense has played exceptionally well this season, and I see no reason for them to not be able to limit the 49ers offense, at least enough to give Reid, Mahomes and Kelce an opportunity to win. 

As much as people don’t like talking about him, something is to be said about Travis Kelce who made 3 of the best catches I’ve seen in a conference championship two weeks ago. I expect a big game by him tonight, regardless of the outcome. Whether you like it or not… 😀 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going over to my friend Brent's house. He has having over around 5 or 6 people. He is going to order and pickup 100 Wings from BW3's. 50 Hot Barbecue, 50 Regular Mild. He also has a ton of summer sausage with cheese and crackers for more finger goodies. He will have a nice big plate of that ready. He will have the normal stuff as well like a couple bags of Cheese Doritos and a couple of bags of Ruffles with Onion Dip. It is BYOB, I am taking over a 6-pack of my 9% Voo Doo IPA strong beer and a pint of Crown so I can do 2 or 3 shots. 

Regarding the Halftime Show, I rarely watch and probably won't this time either. That will be my time to go outside and get fresh air. Probably do a shot too Celebrating Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons- PARTY!

Wow !! I'd like to go to Brent's house too. He had to drop at least a 100 for 100 wings.

Sounds like he has quite a spread !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cowboys are also my most hated team.   I think mostly because of the coverage the media gives them and the number of fans around the country.  I root against them every week.   My second most hated team is the Ravens so I was happy to see them falter.  

I think I will be rooting for the Chiefs but it is close.  I like Brock and wouldn't mind seeing him win.  

Time to start getting some food ready.

Gonna watch at home, alone for the first time since 2014. Have burger with my wife and my little one and when they go to sleep I have lots of snacks and beer to survive the night.

Btw,I recognized this week, that this is my 10th sb in a row I watch live. Kind of a jubilee😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What is Usher's most popular song? I'm going to see if I know it. I am a 70s and 80s music person. I cannot name a song by Taylor Swift or Usher, but I am sure I have heard them because my siblings and their children listen to their music.

You have probably heard of the song "Yeah!" I would say that's the most popular song. And we are definitely not Taylor Swift fans. But it's impossible not to have heard one of her songs 🤣 the dang radio has like 20 of them playing all the time

• Like 1

NFLfan, any thoughts on Tom Grossi of Packast podcasts? He was named NFL "fan of the year". He has always been a Packers fan and doesn't like the Vikings, so wondered if you don't like him, find him entertaining or just ignore him. 

I like watching his podcasts. They aren't all about the Packers, as he recognizes and satirizes all NFL teams. 

3 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

NFLfan, any thoughts on Tom Grossi of Packast podcasts? He was named NFL "fan of the year". He has always been a Packers fan and doesn't like the Vikings, so wondered if you don't like him, find him entertaining or just ignore him. 

I like watching his podcasts. They aren't all about the Packers, as he recognizes and satirizes all NFL teams. 

I don't know him. I don't follow the Packers nor do I seek information about them unless they are going to play the Vikings.  Some Vikings fans check out sites that cover the Packers, but I have no interest. I don't check out the Cowboys or the Patriots sites either.

I check sites on teams with players that I like. For example, when former Vikings drafted QB Teddy Bridgewater was with the Saints, Jets, Lions, and the Broncos, I checked out those sites. I wanted to know how he was doing. I signed up on the Colts forum because I am a Stanford Football fan and liked Andrew Luck. I also liked the football content on this site.

So, I do not know Tom Grossi. You like him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You have probably heard of the song "Yeah!" I would say that's the most popular song. And we are definitely not Taylor Swift fans. But it's impossible not to have heard one of her songs 🤣 the dang radio has like 20 of them playing all the time

I don't listen to pop radio. I listen to my oldies. I'm sure I have heard her music because of my siblings and their kids.

About ten or so years ago, there was a performer at the Super Bowl who I wondered who it was. My sister tells me, "You don't know Missy Elliot?" I replied, "You know I don't know these new artists." She laughed and said, "She's not new." I have since told others that and they told me not to tell anyone because they will think I am living under a rock. Lol. I don't like today's music.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You have probably heard of the song "Yeah

Lol. I just searched it. As soon as it began to play, I thought " Of course I know that song", but I did not realize it was Usher. I actually like that song. My nephews and niece always play it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just played a few Taylor Swift songs (Anti-Hero, Shake it ?, Cruel Summer), I am not familiar with them. When I saw "Cruel Summer", I thought of a song from the 80s or 90s by a group called Bananarama.

https://youtu.be/l9ml3nyww80?si=23mdg1s1q6RGAyA7

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 10:14 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Brent will have more than 5 to 6 guests. 100 wings is about 18 to 20 wings per person. He will have lots left over. 

I would prefer to stay home and watch alone but I promised my sister I would go to her home and watch with other guests coming over. Maybe I will take some wings and other stuff. No 🍻 for me. 

Enjoy the game!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 7:02 PM, Myles said:

Whatcha doing for it.  

What to eat?

Any interest in the halftime show.

For me:

Staying home, having a friend or 2 over.

Chicken wings, beef and cheese dip and lots of other stuff.

No interest in the Usher halftime show, may not even watch.

Good thread!!

I am gonna hang out with my beautiful wife and watch at home. 

I think were going to do burgers on the grill.    And that is up in the air.  Depends on how many beers I have.   And other stuff  😉

No interest in the half time show.    Nothing will be as good as Prince 

Interested in the commercials to see what Budweiser has up their sleeve to try and  win their real "base" back 

Rooting for 9ers.    Think Chiefs may win it though

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Wow !! I'd like to go to Brent's house too. He had to drop at least a 100 for 100 wings.

I used to be a BW3 fan until they stopped their "Daytona" style and replaced their grills to be able to do burgers.   

So I learned how to make my own.       I am pretty much the wing guy to all of our friends now.   I'd put them up against anyones wings 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I don't listen to pop radio. I listen to my oldies. I'm sure I have heard her music because of my siblings and their kids.

About ten or so years ago, there was a performer at the Super Bowl who I wondered who it was. My sister tells me, "You don't know Missy Elliot?" I replied, "You know I don't know these new artists." She laughed and said, "She's not new." I have since told others that and they told me not to tell anyone becaus they will think I am living under a rock. Lol. I don't like today's music.

I don't listen to radio either. Well unless I'm driving around town with my family. But on my way to work and back it's sports radio. And if we go on a long trip I just play music through my Bluetooth. But yesterday I discovered we had satellite radio and I found listened to the 40's music station the whole day lol. I love it

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I don't listen to radio either. Well unless I'm driving around town with my family. But on my way to work and back it's sports radio. And if we go on a long trip I just play music through my Bluetooth. But yesterday I discovered we had satellite radio and I found listened to the 40's music station the whole day lol. I love it

Same her.  The only radio stations I listen to are Sports Radio and classic rock.  

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I used to be a BW3 fan until they stopped their "Daytona" style and replaced their grills to be able to do burgers.   

So I learned how to make my own.       I am pretty much the wing guy to all of our friends now.   I'd put them up against anyones wings 

even against Big Grove? 

6 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Yeah, he throws the SB party every year, sometimes he gets 4 or 5 Pizza's and a bunch of wings usually. Between the Wings and other snacks, he dropped just over $100. I bought a 5th of Crown Royal which runs almost $30 (I was going to just get a pint but that may not be enough LOL) and he can make a couple of drinks of that. I really don't care who wins, I just want to see a great game.

• Like 1