Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2024 opponents set (MERGE)

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Looks like two chances to see them in New York next season. I've also never been to Denver so that's exciting.

Wife and I were just talking about seeing them play the Giants and Jets. Depending on the day and how I’m recovering from surgery/finances, but yeah, I’m excited about the possibility. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Wife and I were just talking about seeing them play the Giants and Jets. Depending on the day and how I’m recovering from surgery/finances, but yeah, I’m excited about the possibility. 

Hopefully you have a speedy recovery. I'm hoping to see a hockey game at MSG while there so hopefully one of the games lines up.

6 minutes ago, KB said:

It's tougher than this year, but middle of the road in strength. A playoff berth is possible. 

The good news is that the Texans have a stacked schedule. The Jags got a little lucky getting Las Vegas over Denver. But, glad we play the Giants & Steelers over the Eagles/Browns

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

Looks like two chances to see them in New York next season. 

I wonder if we have ever played in New York, the same stadium, twice like this.  

The Giants game is one of the new 17th games.

Between the Vikings and the Giants games, theres some revenge to get there. I want to demolish the Giants in particular. Want that nighty night dude to get demolished.

• Superman changed the title to Colts 2024 opponents set
45 minutes ago, KB said:

I want to demolish the Giants in particular. Want that nighty night dude to get demolished.

Damn, I put that out of my mind - the Nick Foles era.

It's unbelievable how many bad memories there are from the 2022 season.  Lol

• Like 1

Of course a large swathe of the NFL Landscape could change by next season, but that Home schedule looks a bit savage.

Dolphins and Bills will be very tough.
Steelers and Lions will be tough.
Bears have been on the rise, and will have some top top picks in the upcoming draft.

As for the away opponents, Jets with A-Rod might be a totally different beast next season, The Packers were on the upswing too, and the Vikings will have Cousins back. 

Not as "easy" as this season on paper, but we should be better too with AR back, and continuing to develop (we all hope).

Should be a good season to watch, when we finally get there.

In the meantime, these playoffs this year should be interesting. I'm expecting a Ravens - 9ers rematch of the 2013 Superbowl.

11 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I can actually see them play this year!

image0.jpeg

Going to be a tough season at home next year.

Boy I hope Anthony Richardson can come back and stay healthy, cause we need a starting QB not names Minshew, if we want to make the playoffs.

The schedule of very good / Great QB´s count Allen, Tua, Rodgers, Jennifer Lawrence, Goff, Stroud and most likely Caleb Williams... so AR needs to be back for us to have a chance i most games.  

2 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Going to be a tough season at home next year.

Boy I hope Anthony Richardson can come back and stay healthy, cause we need a starting QB not names Minshew, if we want to make the playoffs.

The schedule of very good / Great QB´s count Allen, Tua, Rodgers, Jennifer Lawrence, Goff, Stroud and most likely Caleb Williams... so AR needs to be back for us to have a chance i most games.  

Love was starting to develop into something this season, he may be in the very good column by the time we face them next year.... depends.

Cousins will be back for the Vikings too and he is capable of putting a team on his back and winning a game singlehandedly. Not as consistently as others, but he can do it too. Could be a sneaky really tough schedule next year.

11 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

Looks like two chances to see them in New York next season. I've also never been to Denver so that's exciting.

That sounds good.. I may actually be able to go to my first Colts game. Wifey and mom-in-law are giants "fans" that'd be a fun time. now just gotta pray for a Sep/Oct game.. lol i'm not sitting outside in Nov/Dec/Jan :lol:

Although.. if i recall last new years when we played in NY it was in the 50's.. 

• Like 1

If Bradley is still our DC I can't wait to see Fields put up over 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing against us as our history of making really bad, borderline inept qb's look like hall of famers will continue.

13 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

Buffalo is a home game. You can see them twice in New Jersey but not in New York.

8 hours ago, #12. said:

Damn, I put that out of my mind - the Nick Foles era.

It's unbelievable how many bad memories there are from the 2022 season.  Lol

I collect it as one memory to keep count low lol

• Like 1

Hey, Cool!

Thanks for posting the 2024 schedule.

I just want to add a reminder of which team(s) we could not beat when it really counted.IMG_3116.jpeg.ad1e5e319b48a93d9e3b8d303d6c7e87.jpeg

The Texans and the Jaguars have been the biggest pain in the **** for us and are only going to get better!

:grumpy2:

On 1/7/2024 at 7:51 PM, Indyfan4life said:

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I go to at least one Giants game per season, courtesy of my friend who is a Giants season-ticket holder. I'm going to request to see the Colts, unless the Giants play the Vikings at Met Life Stadium. The first game I attended with him was against the Colts on a Monday night in early November. Luck was great in that game.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm going to request to see the Colts, unless the Giants play the Vikings at Met Life Stadium.

The Giants host the Vikings next year. So, I will probably attend that.

I'll attend the Colts @ the Jets if the date works out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I go to at least one Giants game per season, courtesy of my friend who is a Giants season-ticket holder. I'm going to request to see the Colts, unless the Giants play the Vikings at Met Life Stadium. The first game I attended with him was against the Colts on a Monday night in early November. Luck was great in that game.

Thanks. I’m in PA and live a few hours away from NY/NJ, so hopefully we can make it work. My last game was back in 2015 down in Nashville, which was the one and only game I got to see Luck play. 

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Thanks. I’m in PA and live a few hours away from NY/NJ, so hopefully we can make it work. My last game was back in 2015 down in Nashville, which was the one and only game I got to see Luck play. 

I also went to the Colts at Giants game on New Year's Day 2023. Unlike the game started by Luck, this game was a loss.

You and your wife definitely should go to cheer your team in the 2024 season.

I see you guys come to Lambeau next season. That will be fun as It will finally be a Colts Packers game without Manning or Rodgers on our teams. You guys always beat us though. I hope you guys have no injuries next season and a great draft. Our offseason most likely starts This Monday. 

• w87r changed the title to Colts 2024 opponents set (MERGE)
On 1/8/2024 at 10:24 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is not 1 team that is dominant in our division, Jags proved that this year. If AR is as good as advertised, we can win 10 games.

Well, our team will be watching from their couches enjoying their vacation.

I look forward to AR5 getting back on track :thmup:

On 1/8/2024 at 5:19 AM, Chucklez said:

Of course a large swathe of the NFL Landscape could change by next season, but that Home schedule looks a bit savage.

Dolphins and Bills will be very tough.
Steelers and Lions will be tough.
Bears have been on the rise, and will have some top top picks in the upcoming draft.

As for the away opponents, Jets with A-Rod might be a totally different beast next season, The Packers were on the upswing too, and the Vikings will have Cousins back. 

Not as "easy" as this season on paper, but we should be better too with AR back, and continuing to develop (we all hope).

Should be a good season to watch, when we finally get there.

In the meantime, these playoffs this year should be interesting. I'm expecting a Ravens - 9ers rematch of the 2013 Superbowl.

Bills and Dolphins will not be very tough games.  They are both at the bottom of the league with over 40m in negative cap space each.  They are going to have a lot of player turnover losing good players.  The Bills window is most likely closed after this year.  I see our roster getting stronger in the off season the Bills and Dolphins getting weaker.   The only very tough games I see are the Packers and Lions and Texans of course.

On 1/7/2024 at 7:44 PM, Indyfan4life said:

I can actually see them play this year!

image0.jpeg

I see the Colts have 9 away games. Do you think one of those away games will be against the Viking in London?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-designated-teams-for-london-munich-2024-international-games

The Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars will each play international games in London during the 2024 regular season, while the Carolina Panthers will head to Munich, Germany. Each team's opponent, along with the dates and kickoff times will be announced when the 2024 schedule is revealed this spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I see the Colts have 9 away games. Do you think one of those away games will be against the Viking in London?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-designated-teams-for-london-munich-2024-international-games

I believe the three international games have been announced and the Colts were not one of them.   I believe I saw them over on NFL.com.   

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe the three international games have been announced and the Colts were not one of them.   I believe I saw them over on NFL.com.   

The host teams have been announced.  The Vikings are one of the teams who will be the home team in London.   So it's possible the Colts will play them there

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The NFL announced only the "home" teams (host teams). The article said that the NFL  would reveal the opponents (the 4 "road" teams) in the Spring when the schedules are released.  Since the Colts have road games against the Vikings and the Jaguars, they may play one of those teams in Europe. We will find out in May, I believe. (The Bears and the Panthers will also host games in Europe but the Colts do not have road games against either of them next season.)

I believe there will be five international games next season: three in the United Kingdom, one in Germany, and one in Brazil. I don't believe they have said who will be the teams playing in Brazil. 

• Thanks 1