Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Season, 17th game, Saturday, Jan. 6th, 2024

NFLfan

Texans @ Colts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will JT break 100 yards rushing?

2. 2. Will the Colts defense hold CJ Stroud to 2 or fewer TDs passed?

3. 3. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Texans
    • Game will end in a tie.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2024 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Richardson has to remain healthy. Gets hurt next season I’m out on him

Maybe draft one of the many QBs to back up Richardson. I think Richardson will be great.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

He’s not a bridge. He’s a backup. He did better than a lot of backups would have done.

For one of these teams that draft a QB, he would be a good fit for them.

He did fine for a backup, I appreciated it, but I don't want to see him start for us again.

• Like 1

Just now, coming on strong said:

we can be next year  richardson looks electric get him weapons we will be okay

Maybe, but the Texans and Jags also have their QB now. It’s going to be a three-dog fight for the foreseeable future, and the Texans are ahead of schedule on their rebuild too. Now I think AR will end up being the best of the four AFCS QBs, but it may take a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Hit him in both hands. This is not debatable. If you can’t catch a ball that hits you in both hands then that’s on the receiver.

Not when you have to contort your body like that......its on Minshew lets see what he says.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe draft one of the many QBs to back up Richardson. I think Richardson will be great.

He’s a year behind and will have growing pains. We’re getting a little impatient around here with QB’s 

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Not when you have to contort your body like that......its on Minshew lets see what he says.

Doesn’t matter what he says. Any good human is gonna take the flack on that. If the ball hits you in the hands, they need to catch it. Go ask any coach. Body contortions aside, two hands on the ball means catch it. 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Doesn’t matter what he says. Any good human is gonna take the flack on that. If the ball hits you in the hands, they need to catch it. Go ask any coach. Body contortions aside, two hands on the ball means catch it. 

Minshew choked and short armed a 3 yard pass behind a rb ,he was lucky to even gets hands on it. Terrible pass and cost them the first down and possibly the game.

4 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

Totally agree!!! Caserio has also done a better job in amassing more talent in just TWO seasons than Ballard has in nearly EIGHT. By the way like Joe Buck said the back was WIDE open on the 4th and 1. Now go get a young coach on defensive from the Ravens, Browns, Niners, Jets or Steelers and hire them as dc.

I think it may make for an interesting off season for Ballard and Steichen. We are going to see what type of team he wants with regards to the offence and defense. Does Steichen have faith in Balard's ability to surround him with the necessary playmakers?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he is if he goes in for a game or two  .... long stretches no way he stinks .  we got lucky with a really easy schedule and played a bunch of backup QBs .   i rather have a backup QB that at least can push the ball down field . this game manager type is hard to watch .

Okay. I actually like game managers over gunslingers. But that is just me. I also don't like home runs in baseball. I prefer small ball. I don't like quick strike offense unless my team is behind and needs quick scoring to win the game.

• Like 1

Minshew choked and short armed a 3 yard pass behind a rb ,he was lucky to even gets hands on it. Terrible pass and cost them the first down and possibly the game.

I know you wanna blame Minshew for this because that’s what the cool kids do, but people who know things about the game will know of it hits the receiver in both hands, they need to catch it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m pretty sure he’s on a one-year deal, and if so, I highly doubt he stays. He might be able to get another starting role with a team like Washington, and other teams would probably pay him more to back up a QB they’re not sold on yet, like Ridder in Atlanta.

As well as Minshew has done for us this season, he's also shown on many occasions why he's  a backup and I doubt if any team is gonna pick him as their starter - had he won tonite & possibly a playoff game or 2, I could see it but this may be the best possible situation he finds himself in and I wouldn't  be at all surprised to see him re-sign with us.

• Like 2

I know you wanna blame Minshew for this because that’s what the cool kids do, but people who know things about the game will know of it hits the receiver in both hands, they need to catch it.

I blame Minshew because it was his fault.......

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The fans in person are way better and take losses better than all the sore losers online I promise you. 

I am literally walking out of the stadium and a majority of the fans are in shock at how bad of a game the coach called, some would call it being a sore loser, others call it being angry/concerned fans. Fans short for fanatics.

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

We need a new punter as well. Sanchez has lost it 

His stats are actually near career bests this year.

Matt Gay on the other hand doesn't deserve the contract he has.  We can pay someone to miss for a lot less.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOZER said:

COLTS FAN, you came with Luck, and I’ll give you respect for sticking around, but you are over the top quite a bit and like to pick fights with people and constantly bash our fan base. We are allowed to be frustrated after a loss and voice our frustrations, it’s a freaking discussion forum for Gods sake!!! Since you e been a fan for so long, can you tell me who has a perfect fan base oh holier then thow? I used to get Ali g with you and stuck up for you, but sometimes it’s too much man

I completely understand everyone’s frustration.   Huge game,  disappointing outcome.   

But I doubt I agreed with a word you said.  And I have zero interest in debating your views vs my views.   Youre entitled to whatever views you want.  

If it helps, I didn’t just have issues with you.   There were plenty of crazy comments.   I’m sure some here will agree with you and not with me.   

So hopefully we’ll get some answers and insight from Shane tonight.   Ballard will likely talk Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. 

Good luck to you….

1 minute ago, Catloaf said:

Matt Gay on the other hand doesn't deserve the contract he has.  We can pay someone to miss for a lot less.

I’m still bringing in a punt and field goal kicker to challenge 

1 minute ago, Catloaf said:

Earlier this season before he hurt his hip, he was nails - remember the Baltimore game?

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I completely understand everyone’s frustration.   Huge game,  disappointing outcome.   

But I doubt I agreed with a word you said.  And I have zero interest in debating your views vs my views.   Youre entitled to whatever views you want.  

If it helps, I didn’t just have issues with you.   There were plenty of crazy comments.   I’m sure some here will agree with you and not with me.   

So hopefully we’ll get some answers and insight from Shane tonight.   Ballard will likely talk Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. 

Good luck to you….

Did you really have to respond to me with such class? C’mon put up your dukes :catfight:

I’m just saying that when you start to bash our fan base, some of us, take it personal I’ve been a fan of the Colts for a lot longer than you and has invested quite a bit of money and going to several games a year and time and watching them on TV so it sucks to see them lose in such a manner. It is super frustrating and the Coach is to blame for a majority of it as is Minshew he sucked tonight

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Hands no…fingertips yes. I don’t think most anyone would have caught it as it was under thrown 

Very few in the league would catch that ball, it was way off Im shocked he even got finger tips on it honestly. Thats nerves and shot putting a ball almost Wentz like honestly.

Very few in the league would catch that ball, it was way off Im shocked he even got finger tips on it honestly. Thats nerves and shot putting a ball almost Wentz like honestly.

Even the media is calling it a drop. 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I can’t upload the slow mo replay of it here file size is too big. But I’m sure you can find a replay of it and zoom in and watch it hit his fingertips it was under thrown 

Reviews it on ESPN. Hit both hands. Media calling it a drop.

Even the media is calling it a drop. 

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I don’t need to review it on ESPN, I’ve reviewed it on NFL replay 25 times now.

NFL Network saying bad throw,do they count as media ?