Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Bengals plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jake-browning-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week

Jake Browning named AFC offensive player of the week

...Browning has been named AFC offensive player of the week.

In just his fourth pro appearance and second start, Browning completed 32-of-37 passes for 354 yards with a touchdown in the 34-31 overtime victory. He also rushed for 22 yards with a TD.

It was a season-high in passing yards for a Bengals quarterback, as Burrow reached 348 yards in the victory over Buffalo on Nov. 5.

Browning and the Bengals are now 6-6 with the postseason still in reach. The Bengals will host the Colts on Sunday for a game that should have significant Wild Card implications.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Rattled? Pittman had over  100 yards and Pierce had 100 and two deep balls. He delivered in overtime. It was probably one of his best games.

He threw too many uncatchables and was sacked too many times. His accuracy just was off today. Happens to the best of them. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

Minshew looked rattled against the Titans last week so I hope that was his worst game of the year. 

Could  of been worse...just think how the Titans fans feel... Levis sacked 6 times...fumbled 3 times ( lost 1)....48 % completion percentage.....ouch!!!!

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

One step forward, two...

No way Smith was going out last week with a knee injury and playing this week. I'm hoping he's back next week.  Speed at least returned to the game , so maybe we have a small shot with him ?

6 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I didn’t see the Panthers game but just looking at his stats that must’ve been one hell of a boring and bad game for Minshew.

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

The Panthers game was awful. Last week despite a couple chaotic moments that was one of his best games of the year. Browns game was good but way too many turnovers. Bucs game was pretty good too. But he was better against titans.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 4:55 PM, King Colt said:

Minshew looked rattled against the Titans last week so I hope that was his worst game of the year. 

You posted this

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Yeah, seems to me I never said it was so what's your point?

So yeah

13 minutes ago, AKB said:

If the Bengals had a healthy burrow, this game would look ugly for us.

I think we see a similar game to the one last week. 

I think Browning had his shining moment and without Burrow, we should win this. We know what to expect now from Browning. I see us creating some Turnovers this week, Grover is back to help keep their run in check and it looks like Ju Ju may be back?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Browning had his shining moment and without Burrow, we should win this. We know what to expect now from Browning. I see us creating some Turnovers this week, Grover is back to help keep their run in check and it looks like Ju Ju may be back?

It helps colts have 2 starts by browning and some tape.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm doubtful on Juju

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Browning is a good backup IMO. Very close to Minshew. Difference is he has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. Mixon and Moss are pretty close. I'd say the Bengals are slight favorites, but I don't see how we stop their pass game. Maybe if Brents plays we can somewhat.

As on now Caesars has the Bengals a 1.5 point favorite. Usually, the home team gets 3 points so that is more like a pick'em line.

• Like 2

So this is weird. At DraftKings, the line opened this week at Colts -2. As of today, it's moved to Bengals -2, a four point swing. They say 75% of bets are on the Bengals. The moneyline opened at Colts -130, Bengals +110, and is now Colts +110, Bengals -130, and they say 68% of bets are on the Bengals. The over/under opened at 40, and is now 44, with 71% of bets on the over.

I guess this is just because Jake Browning was so good on MNF...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

So this is weird. At DraftKings, the line opened this week at Colts -2. As of today, it's moved to Bengals -2, a four point swing. They say 75% of bets are on the Bengals. The moneyline opened at Colts -130, Bengals +110, and is now Colts +110, Bengals -130, and they say 68% of bets are on the Bengals. The over/under opened at 40, and is now 44, with 71% of bets on the over.

I guess this is just because Jake Browning was so good on MNF...

Just hedging what is on the books. I'll take the initial vegas spread over the majority of public opinion. 

Also- came here to post something similar. I saw you writing and waited for your post. lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Just hedging what is on the books. I'll take the initial vegas spread over the majority of public opinion. 

Also- came here to post something similar. I saw you writing and waited for your post. lol

I'm not necessarily swayed by the public opinion, and it makes sense for them to hedge based on lopsided action.

But the line was posted before the MNF game. I certainly felt differently about the Bengals after that game. I already don't feel good enough about the Colts to think that they'll handle business against a team they should be able to beat. Now that opponent looks better than I expected. Still, the line doesn't usually move like this unless there's a big injury.

Speaking of which, similar movement in Browns/Jags. Opened at Jags -3, and is now Jags +3, which close to 80% of the action on the Browns, obviously because Trevor Lawrence is hurt. My mind is blown by the possibility that he might play, but he practiced yesterday and Pederson said he'll probably be a game time decision, so we'll see. 

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not necessarily swayed by the public opinion, and it makes sense for them to hedge based on lopsided action.

But the line was posted before the MNF game. I certainly felt differently about the Bengals after that game. I already don't feel good enough about the Colts to think that they'll handle business against a team they should be able to beat. Now that opponent looks better than I expected. Still, the line doesn't usually move like this unless there's a big injury.

Speaking of which, similar movement in Browns/Jags. Opened at Jags -3, and is now Jags +3, which close to 80% of the action on the Browns, obviously because Trevor Lawrence is hurt. My mind is blown by the possibility that he might play, but he practiced yesterday and Pederson said he'll probably be a game time decision, so we'll see. 

I think it's possibly the biggest game of the season. I can of course make that statement for every game going forward, but I like our odds better in the following 3 games than this one and the Houston game. It looks like 10 wins might get us in. I also know that a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, and we only have two games of Browning to know what we're going to see. It was a big game for sure. If he puts several in a row, they will be in decent shape. If our pass rush continues, he might find himself slipping with the pressure, literally and figuratively. 

I'm not surprised on the swing with the amount of bets coming in. Browning's performance and the win might be a small factor, but it's largely due to the amount of bets coming it at the initial spread. And the bets are flowing because of the MNF performance.