Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor could miss time

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, richard pallo said:

It could come down to which hand is injured.  If it’s his left hand I see no reason why he shouldn’t play.  He played the entire second half with it.  

Yeah, I was just assuming it was his right hand. If it's his left, then we'll have to see how he does in practice. Switching the ball between hands could be a problem still in that scenario.

54 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Your dislike for him goes too far.  We are better with him and his contract didnt hurt the team.  I am leery of giving too much to a back but he didnt get that here and its not for too long

Dislike for him?  I think the contract is fine.  I never said otherwise.  He's a guy who handles the ball frequently and can make plays so $14m isn't out of the question.

But there is a theory that RBs get hurt a lot and that any one of them is unreliable.   Seems to be holding true...and these have just been sort of stupid minor things....not like getting a knee blown up.

Just now, JediXMan said:

Hopefully we get some points on them early and pressure Levis to force some bad throws. 

Yeah, Levis is being figured out quickly by other teams. It got to the point last week where the Titans depended on the run with Henry Vs the Panthers. Levis is quickly turning into a younger Tannehill. Hopefully we can exploit that.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll quote all three of you at the same time. Levis has fallen back to Earth, so if we dare him to throw, then we have a good shot at winning this game. We'll see how the Titans respond if we go all-out to defend the run. They do have Chig and Hopkins still as options. 

I’m more worried about Levis than I am of Henry.  I liked him a lot coming out.  I think it’s fortunate for us that he’s playing behind a bad OL.  We should be able to get to him on passing downs.  If he gets the time he can make all the throws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I’m more worried about Levis than I am of Henry.  I liked him a lot coming out.  I think it’s fortunate for us that he’s playing behind a bad OL.  We should be able to get to him on passing downs.  If he gets the time he can make all the throws.

He still looks inexperienced. However, he does play better at home. I will give him that. If Will Levis is giving this defense trouble, then we are a bad defense. Period. End of story. As of now, he's a bottom 5 starter in the league. We have to take advantage of that. I hope we do stuff the run and dare him to throw. If he beats us, then we just aren't very good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He still looks inexperienced. However, he does play better at home. I will give him that. If Will Levis is giving this defense trouble, then we are a bad defense. Period. End of story. As of now, he's a bottom 5 starter in the league. We have to take advantage of that. I hope we do stuff the run and dare him to throw. If he beats us, then we just aren't very good.

Yeah, if Levis beats us, that is a sign of not being a playoff team. Regarding us, it could happen though if we Turn it over 2 or 3 times and give him great field position. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How can Injured Reserve be an option if nobody knows what the injury is. I am confused but what else is new. 

There seems to be a discussion around surgery.  Probably a ligament that's on the cusp of being able to heal with no intervention.

At this point, not a whole lot different from what we first heard about AR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How can Injured Reserve be an option if nobody knows what the injury is. I am confused but what else is new. 

This is crazy.  He finished the game with almost a hundred yards.  How can this be serious enough to go on IR.  I swear some of these guys are making stuff up to get quoted or hits.  I’m old school for sure.  So I can’t believe this will cause him to miss time.  There was no indication he was hurt after the game let alone during the game. Pro football players play hurt all the time.  A concussion is one thing.  But a finger injury.  They use to splint it or wrap it in the old days.  I’m really finding it hard to believe that he will miss time let alone go on IR.  

• Like 3

In a world without Zack Moss on our team this would REALLY suck...I mean it sucks, but it doesn't worry me so much because Moss has and continues to prove he can easily carry the load. Hopefully JT won't miss much time if any. Wrap the thumb with some extra sticky tape to turn this injury into an advantage :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

In a world without Zack Moss on our team this would REALLY suck...I mean it sucks, but it doesn't worry me so much because Moss has and continues to prove he can easily carry the load. Hopefully JT won't miss much time if any. Wrap the thumb with some extra sticky tape to turn this injury into an advantage :) 

Plus it’s not like the schedule is hard.  

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Hopefully continue to see Steichen’s presence and the mental makeup of this roster come through down the stretch. Been a lot of injuries and adversity this season. Keep grinding 

Rodgers suspension offseason, JT contract drama, Flowers injury, Richardson injury, Kelly and Smith out multiple games, Stewart suspension, Juju injury, Leonard release… the list seems long with a good chunk of football left to play. 

This from Mike Chappell. Sounds like IR would be the worst outcome which makes me think he won’t go on IR.

The Colts wouldn’t confirm Taylor’s possible injury, but a source with knowledge of the situation said the team is working through its options. A worst-case scenario would have Taylor being placed on the injured reserve list, requiring him to miss four games.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Dislike for him?  I think the contract is fine.  I never said otherwise.  He's a guy who handles the ball frequently and can make plays so $14m isn't out of the question.

But there is a theory that RBs get hurt a lot and that any one of them is unreliable.   Seems to be holding true...and these have just been sort of stupid minor things....not like getting a knee blown up.

Lol is an inappropriate response to an injury so dont be surprised when people make assumptions about it.  I do think you have shown quite a bit of dislike for him too and are walking that back now once called out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Plus it’s not like the schedule is hard.  

It’s fine as a fan to think like that, but I really hope the team is focused and dialed in. As a 6-5 team we have to view pretty much every game moving forward as a playoff game. 

The Bills are in a tough spot but they’re right behind us, the Broncos are surging and playing their best football now, the Texans are right there as well. 

In the NFL, you can’t overlook any team. 

• Like 3