Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have a chance

John Hammonds

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bills are dead, IMO, looking at their schedule and their recent form. Bengals can still get in by the skin of their teeth. Steelers can have a late season collapse like years past.

Well... The Bills and Bengals are desperate team the rest of this season, which makes them that more dangerous as every single game from now on is a must win for them.

I won't count them out in any way, as they have two very talented QB´s... but they pretty much have to win out to make the playoffs.

The colts can make the playoffs, but what good would that make us as we only fight for a worse draft pick :(

10 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Well... The Bills and Bengals are desperate team the rest of this season, which makes them that more dangerous as every single game from now on is a must win for them.

I won't count them out in any way, as they have two very talented QB´s... but they pretty much have to win out to make the playoffs.

The colts can make the playoffs, but what good would that make us as we only fight for a worse draft pick :(

Making the playoffs creates a winning culture. Helps with FA ect. The experience can’t be underestimated enough.  We have our QB and LT. There is nothing we can’t get to fix this team  being in the top 15. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The following week, those same Bucs nearly shut out the Titans.

Right. that's my point. The NFL is very unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Shows the difference between Stroud and Levis.

Yeah, but Levis looked like an all pro the week before.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers have back to back road games against Bengals and Browns. This AFC north could cannibalize each other. Colts take care of business they should be ok.

First, we got to start tackling better, or we aint goin nowhere. And Minshew needs to improve his game, which I think he can

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

First, we got to start tackling better, or we aint goin nowhere. And Minshew needs to improve his game, which I think he can

They need to survive these two games without Grover. Hopefully Steichen figures something out while self scouting this week. As excited as we are I just don’t see any light with this offense. But stranger things have happened. Looks like we might get Brent’s back for Bucs game  which would be huge. 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They need to survive these two games without Grover. Hopefully Steichen figures something out while self scouting this week. As excited as we are I just don’t see any light with this offense. But stranger things have happened. Looks like we might get Brent’s back for Bucs game  which would be huge. 

With the week off, Steichen and his coaches have ample time, to get a long look at tape, and scouting out TB.

I have watched the Tampa games the last two weeks, they certainly are beatable.

We should be able to at least move the ball against their defense, and offensively, they really do not strike fear in any area.

The Bucs have to travel to SF this week, hopefully they get all beat up... then, after traveling across the country and back, they play the Colts in Indy, so the situation is favorable.

Most likely, if the Colts do lose, it will be because the Colts beat themselves, not because TB is the better team

• Like 2

Healthy O line starters along with Downs, will tell the tale for the offense. Minshew leaned on Downs a lot.

Juju Brents coming back will greatly improve the pass D.

Somebody needs to step up at DT the next two games, cause Grover"s absence is glaring right now.

8 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Making the playoffs creates a winning culture. Helps with FA ect. The experience can’t be underestimated enough.  We have our QB and LT. There is nothing we can’t get to fix this team  being in the top 15. 

I understand winning games creates a winning culture, which of course is a huge plus... but winning games against the 2-8 pats, 1-8 panthers and 3-6 titans should not be that hard. Heck.... we could easily have lost 2 of those games.

Winning a game like the ones against Baltimore and Houston was huge, but imo we are miles away from having a team that can compete for anything close to a championship or even a division title.

I know us colts fans have been spoiled in the last 25 years with Manning and Luck... and that we right now are a team in the middle of the league, that are too good to be really bad and too bad to be really good.

Imo the status of the colts right now is a big mess.

Yes we have a chance for making the Playoffs, but there are far to many question marks than there are answers.

I don't know what to expect before a game and that is really confusing and frustrating.

In one week we look like a team that can match the best in the league and win a game like the one against baltimore... the next we look like one of the worst in the league, where no one know how to play football... and yes, its a young team and yada yada...but I don't see a team that is just a couple of pieces away from becoming a contender.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I understand winning games creates a winning culture, which of course is a huge plus... but winning games against the 2-8 pats, 1-8 panthers and 3-6 titans should not be that hard. Heck.... we could easily have lost 2 of those games.

Winning a game like the ones against Baltimore and Houston was huge, but imo we are miles away from having a team that can compete for anything close to a championship or even a division title.

I know us colts fans have been spoiled in the last 25 years with Manning and Luck... and that we right now are a team in the middle of the league, that are too good to be really bad and too bad to be really good.

Yes we have a chance for making the Playoffs, but there are far to many question marks than there are answers.

I don't know what to expect before a game and that is really confusing and frustrating.

In one week we look like a team that can match the best in the league and win a game like the one against baltimore... the next we look like one of the worst in the league, where no one know how to play football... and yes, its a young team and yada yada...but I don't see a team that is just a couple of pieces away from becoming a contender.

Not saying we are a threat to win a SB but we did win at Houston pretty easily and Stroud had a huge game that game. We also won at Baltimore. Technically we beat the Browns too but got it stolen from us, and Tennessee was favored against us going into that game. What good teams do is beat the bad teams on their schedule and we have Done that. I think we deserve more credit than some are giving us considering we are at .500 with a backup QB. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are so many people I want to quote on this thread but too many for my brain to handle. What an up and down thread, but entertaining. I will say this, if we beat the Bucs then things will be really looking good. If we lose that game, it will be back to the crapper. Sad Homer Simpson GIF

exactly what im thinking.. Our whole season rests on this game, if we win i believe we can make a run to make playoffs. If we lose, Zero chance we make it.

• Like 1

Here is how big of a stat being 6-5 is compared to being 5-6 since the playoffs went to a 6 team format in 1990 in each conference. Of course since 2020, 7 teams get in now.

Teams that sit at 6-5 have a 41% chance of making the playoffs.

Teams that sit at 5-6 have a 7% chance of making the playoffs. That is 33 seasons of a sample size = 1990-2022.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow. Colts have even a stronger chance now. They had Dobbs and traded him lol.

Yep. Not saying their season is over, but it's pretty much headed that way. We have a decent chance of finishing with a better record then them. Hate it for Watson, but injuries happen. Happened to us too. Gives us life. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is how big of a stat being 6-5 is compared to being 5-6 since the playoffs went to a 6 team format in 1990 in each conference. Of course since 2020, 7 teams get in now.

Teams that sit at 6-5 have a 41% chance of making the playoffs.

Teams that sit at 5-6 have a 7% chance of making the playoffs. That is 33 seasons of a sample size = 1990-2022.

We need to get to 7-5, teams that are sitting at 7-5 have a 57% chance of getting in since 1990. We play at Tennessee after the Bucs. We get to face Levis lmao .

9 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t care about the playoffs when it’s obvious we’re not good enough to even have an outside chance.

If we make the playoffs we’ll be one and done and possibly get humiliated a long the way. 

We’ve beaten some bad teams, but lucked out against the Ravens (offset by the Browns). We’ve also played some good football - don’t get me wrong, but we’re not consistent and with Minshew at QB the offense is one-dimensional.  

The Texans have gotten a lot better over the season and will probably either win the division or compete for a wildcard.
Jags will could also win it, but they have a more difficult schedule than the Texans. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t care about the playoffs when it’s obvious we’re not good enough to even have an outside chance.

If we make the playoffs we’ll be one and done and possibly get humiliated a long the way. 

We’ve beaten some bad teams, but lucked out against the Ravens (offset by the Browns). We’ve also played some good football - don’t get me wrong, but we’re not consistent and with Minshew at QB the offense is one-dimensional.  

The Texans have gotten a lot better over the season and will probably either win the division or compete for a wildcard.
Jags will could also win it, but they have a more difficult schedule than the Texans. 

... "at the Super Bowl or to make a deep run."

Should've added that.

If Steichen wants to make the playoffs, he has to say, yes, this how we want to play eventually, but this is how we have to play in 2023.  If they want any chance, he has to commit to Taylor, commit to the rum and play like they did in 2021.  

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Big game tonight for colts. It’s a win win for colts but would be nice to move to 8. A win over Bucs next week could have them at 7 by the end of Sunday next week.

Yep, I am enjoying the ride this season. Next season is next season. We are in this thing again after the silly debacle vs the Browns. As long as you make the playoffs, anything can happen. Nobody gave us a chance in 1995 and we were right there. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, I am enjoying the ride this season. Next season is next season. We are in this thing again after the silly debacle vs the Browns. As long as you make the playoffs, anything can happen. Nobody gave us a chance in 1995 and we were right there. 

This Bucs game win or lose is going to tell us if they are a contender for playoffs or not.

• Like 1

After seeing all that’s happening around the league with the so called “better teams”, why won’t Colts fans acknowledge the job Steichen has done, despite Minshew’s limitations, to keep our record where it is? 

Steichen is the true MVP for us, IMO.

• Like 1