Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have a chance

John Hammonds

I know, I know.  I don't like making these kind of prognostications.  Especially when we're not playing that well, and we weren't supposed to win that much this year anyway.

HOWEVER

Bengals are 5-4, and 5 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ BAL, vs PIT, @ PIT, @ KC, vs CLE)

Bills are 5-5, and 4 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ PHI, @ KC, vs DAL, @ MIA) 

Raiders are 5-5, and 3 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ MIA, vs KC, @ KC)

Houston is 5-4, only 2 of their final 8 games are against playoff teams (vs JAX, vs CLE), and they're both at home.  But we own the tie breaker with them, for the moment.

It could come down to week 17, against Houston, for all the marbles.

*crossing fingers*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bills are dead, IMO, looking at their schedule and their recent form. Bengals can still get in by the skin of their teeth. Steelers can have a late season collapse like years past.

Texans are 2-1 vs AFC North with the Browns to go, that is a huge leg up on Jaguars that haven't beaten upper echelon teams. Our issue is we will play our demons vs Steelers and our year after year debacles at Jacksonville that is at least out of the way now.

I still think it will be the Bengals, Browns/Ravens and Jaguars as the wild card teams with the Chiefs, Browns/Ravens, Dolphins and Texans as the division winners. Bengals match up favorably vs the Steelers, IMO. Jaguars have tie breaker over Steelers, which we also need.

Yes, our season will come down to the Steelers and Texans games, we have to win 1 of those for a chance at the No.7 seed, games we won't be favored in, IMO. Jaguars are yet to play Bengals, Browns and Ravens and we have to root for them to lose 2, if not all 3 :).

• Like 3

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

If we make the playoffs does AR come back? Would be epic and far fetched. 

It would actually be nice, forcing teams to prepare for 2 QBs, I wouldn't mind that if he is 100% healthy. He would need a game or two towards the end of the season for us to get him into game speed though.

5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

raiders, Houston and Cleveland will lose more then they win, Im not worried about them.

Houston and Cleveland are actually heating up, IMO, with both Stroud and Watson (former Texan) coming into form. I will say it is the other way, they will win more than they will lose. I feel both of them end up with 10-11 wins. Raiders, I agree.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I know, I know.  I don't like making these kind of prognostications.  Especially when we're not playing that well, and we weren't supposed to win that much this year anyway.

HOWEVER

Bengals are 5-4, and 5 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ BAL, vs PIT, @ PIT, @ KC, vs CLE)

Bills are 5-5, and 4 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ PHI, @ KC, vs DAL, @ MIA) 

Raiders are 5-5, and 3 of their final 7 games are against playoff teams (@ MIA, vs KC, @ KC)

Houston is 5-4, only 2 of their final 8 games are against playoff teams (vs JAX, vs CLE), and they're both at home.  But we own the tie breaker with them, for the moment.

It could come down to week 17, against Houston, for all the marbles.

*crossing fingers*

All of America seems to be on the Houston bandwagon right now.

Stroud is already being hailed as one of the all time great QBs but a closer look should really be taken...

I watched both the of Houston's past two games (TB and Cinn). One cannot argue, the Texans have been getting excellent play from the receivers and QB. However, it's embarrassing how bad their opponents defenses have played.

It was shocking how terrible the Bucs defense played in their game. The Houston receivers, were running so wide open, throughout the game, that it seemed all Stroud had to do, was simply throw a straight pass, for a big completion. Time after time his wrs ran basically uncovered.

After the game Ronde Barber did a breakdown, and said it may have been the worse defensive secondary performance he has ever seen of all time. 

And the Bengals defense also played quite poorly vs the Texans. 

I won't be a bit surprised to see Houston come back to earth. Although Arizona is not good, I expect them to give the Texans a challenge this week,

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Houston and Cleveland are actually heating up, IMO, with both Stroud and Watson (former Texan) coming into form. I will say it is the other way, they will win more than they will lose. I feel both of them end up with 10-11 wins.

yah im just saying that mostly because of how Houston and browns usually are lol. they usually are bad and choke so im basing it on how they usually are.

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

All of America seems to be on the Houston bandwagon right now.

Stroud is already being hailed as one of the all time great QBs but a closer look should really be taken...

I watched both the of Houston's past two games (TB and Cinn). One cannot argue, the Texans have been getting excellent play from the receivers and QB. However, it's embarrassing how bad their opponents defenses have played.

It was shocking how terrible the Bucs defense played in their game. The Houston receivers, were running so wide open, throughout the game, that it seemed all Stroud had to do, was simply throw a straight pass, for a big completion. Time after time his wrs ran basically uncovered.

After the game Ronde Barber did a breakdown, and said it may have been the worse defensive secondary performance he has ever seen of all time. 

And the Bengals defense also played quite poorly vs the Texans. 

I won't be a bit surprised to see Houston come back to earth. Although Arizona is not good, I expect them to give the Texans a challenge this week,

Yes, they were playing zone coverages, and not so well, but we need to give credit to something you may have missed, the Texans' makeshift OL. It has been giving Stroud lots of time and Stroud's ball placement hitting his WRs in stride has been immaculate. As long as those 2 continue, I don't see a reason for the Texans to go downhill, outside injuries to his WRs or OL.

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

so who do we want to win when they play? Texans Vs Jags

Texans, because Jaguars are yet to play Ravens, Browns and Bengals, and they could be erased easier than the Texans that have a much easier schedule down the stretch compared to the Jags. Plus, the Texans are 10-1 the last 11 games, and just like we can't win at Jacksonville, Jaguars can't buy a win vs the Texans in the regular season if their lives depended on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yes, they were playing zones but we need to give credit to something you may have missed, the Texans' makeshift OL. It has been giving Stroud lots of time and Stroud's ball placement hitting his WRs in stride has been immaculate. As long as those 2 continue, I don't see a reason for the Texans to go downhill, outside injuries to his WRs or OL.

I didn't miss his oline play or accuracy. But I am simply saying he had two weeks of absolute awful defensive coverages 

Just now, chad72 said:

Texans, because Jaguars are yet to play Ravens, Browns and Bengals, and they could be erased easier than the Texans that have a much easier schedule down the stretch compared to the Jags.

in another thread  i mentioned the jags about to pull a Titans and lose out the rest of the year and dont make playoffs. I believe Either us or Houston can sneak in front and steal the division.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I didn't miss his oline play or accuracy. But I am simply saying he had two weeks of absolute awful defensive coverages 

Yes, he is going to get his tests but so far Stroud has passed every one of them. It is hard to bet against them right now. DeMeco Ryans has them believing.

• Like 3

Just now, chad72 said:

Yes, he is going to get his tests but so far Stroud has passed every one of them. It is hard to bet against them right now. DeMeco Ryans has them believing.

I agree. They look really good. Credit also has to be given to GM Nick Caserio, for not only the acquisition of Stroud, but also Nico Collins and Tank Dell, along with TE Dalton Schultz and RB Devin Singletary.

This group is looking like one of the best offenses in the league.

But, I also think, that just when NFL nation is becoming all sold on a certain team, either as great, or bad, that usually things even out.

I do fully expect Houston to be in contention going forward, but also believe they will falter... Maybe sooner, rather than later. JMO 

SERIOUSLY - did ANY OF YOU think that at our bye week break we would be tied with the Buffalo Bills record?

Didn't think so.

MORE SERIOUSLY - the majority of the games still left on our schedule are both winnable - BUT - loseable.

The Colts team has been highly inconsistent this season - for various reasons.

Houston is "rocketing" at this point.

The Jaguars are ?? at this point.

I still feel both teams have a FAR FAR better chance to represent the AFC South in the playoffs.

MOST SERIOUSLY - I would rather the team earn a higher draft pick - than a playoff spot.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Jags lose to the best all around team and people start questioning them is hilarious. The 49ers would stomp the colts like that too

i would bet a lot of money that the Colts actually put up a great chance against the 49ers. 49ers dont do well against certain teams and we would be one of those teams. We fair well against teams that there best player is there Rb. Not saying we would win but we wouldnt do as bad as you are thinking

17 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Jags lose to the best all around team and people start questioning them is hilarious. The 49ers would stomp the colts like that too

thay was a tough game.  Niners out of the bye.  With the Jags it’s that they’ve only beat one team that’s currently above .500.  Colts have more than that.  Lawrence not looking like he’s elevated his game.  They are still better than the Colts but it’s perplexing that their performance hasn’t necessarily been where expected

3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

i would bet a lot of money that the Colts actually put up a great chance against the 49ers. 49ers dont do well against certain teams and we would be one of those teams. We fair well against teams that their best player is their Rb. Not saying we would win but we wouldnt do as bad as you are thinking

They’ll kills us with Kittle and CMC against our LB corps since they are poor in coverage. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I agree. They look really good. Credit also has to be given to GM Nick Caserio, for not only the acquisition of Stroud, but also Nico Collins and Tank Dell, along with TE Dalton Schultz and RB Devin Singletary.

Overall better than our group and much. much better than TEN.  Not sure about JAX, but probably a better group than theirs too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nate! said:

that was a tough game.  Niners out of the bye.  With the Jags it’s that they’ve only beat one team that’s currently above .500.  Colts have more than that.  Lawrence not looking like he’s elevated his game.  They are still better than the Colts but it’s perplexing that their performance hasn’t necessarily been where expected

Jaguars were on a bye too.

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

They’ll kills us with Kittle and CMC against our LB corps since they are poor in coverage. 

Kenny Moore will be eaten alive by Deebo Samuel in the slot too. When they are ALL healthy, the 49ers can win on the road easily. That is why I think they go on a run and make it to the SB.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Kenny Moore will be eaten alive by Deebo Samuel in the slot too. When they are ALL healthy, the 49ers can win on the road easily. That is why I think they go on a run and make it to the SB.

Just like Thielen was gonna kill us in the slot too? :thinking:

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Just like Thielen was gonna kill us in the slot too? :thinking:

Are you seriously comparing Thielen to Deebo Samuel? The level of physicality, athleticism for YAC and contested catching by Deebo is leap years ahead of Thielen. Deebo is big and fast, it is like A J Brown going against Kenny Moore in the slot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It would actually be nice, forcing teams to prepare for 2 QBs, I wouldn't mind that if he is 100% healthy. He would need a game or two towards the end of the season for us to get him into game speed though.

Do you happen to know best case scenario recovery time for his injury?

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Are you seriously comparing Thielen to Deebo Samuel? The level of physicality, athleticism for YAC and contested catching by Deebo is leap years ahead of Thielen. Deebo is big and fast, it is like A J Brown going against Kenny Moore in the slot. 

yes im comparing a overrated wr to Thielen. Dude has had 1 good game all year and you literally saying hes like an Aj brown against kenny.. At least thielen has showed up for games and produces. Deebo is not good and is like the 4th best receiver on his team behind Kittle CMC and Aiyuk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

SERIOUSLY - did ANY OF YOU think that at our bye week break we would be tied with the Buffalo Bills record?

Didn't think so.

MORE SERIOUSLY - the majority of the games still left on our schedule are both winnable - BUT - loseable.

The Colts team has been highly inconsistent this season - for various reasons.

Houston is "rocketing" at this point.

The Jaguars are ?? at this point.

I still feel both teams have a FAR FAR better chance to represent the AFC South in the playoffs.

MOST SERIOUSLY - I would rather the team earn a higher draft pick - than a playoff spot.

I’m in the same mind set, I’d rather have a higher draft pick but all that said, we’ve proven our roster can compete . We just need average QB play and we can make a run. 

if by some miracle we make the playoffs, I wouldn’t bet against a making a run. I don’t think we could pull a ring out of it but I think we can play with anyone and if we get healthy and get some guys back, anything would be possible