Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s a new series now. 0-0 winner takes all. Even if we lose, we sure proved a lot of talkers wrong this season. Indiana basketball is making a comeback!

I don't think losing the series gives Indiana any positives at all.  Just another underdog team that fails to make the Eastern conference finals.  

I’ve been out at the track all week but I enjoyed the game Friday. Heading out to the track again today, but I’m taking my battery pack for my phone so I can watch the game during qualifying. 

Again, they showed us they can play defense and play with energy on Friday. I’m gonna be * if they come out and look absolutely nothing like that team again. 

Go Pacers!

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think losing the series gives Indiana any positives at all.  Just another underdog team that fails to make the Eastern conference finals.  

So, going to a Game 7, one game away from the Final 4 has no positives at all? Interesting take but I figured you would post something like this. This Pacers team is way of ahead of schedule and regarding this group with Pascal, they have really only played 1 year together. If this team had been together for like 3 years you would have a point, but they haven't. Nothing against you - we have had many chats and I like you overall, but if I had a boss like you where I worked at, I wouldn't last long with the attitude you display on here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I’ve been out at the track all week but I enjoyed the game Friday. Heading out to the track again today, but I’m taking my battery pack for my phone so I can watch the game during qualifying. 

Again, they showed us they can play defense and play with energy on Friday. I’m gonna be * if they come out and look absolutely nothing like that team again. 

Go Pacers!

I used to be a huge track guy back in the 90's. A friend of mine had a house right behind the track, I used to park in his driveway, get drunk all weekend, eat barbecue while walking around near the track on Saturday night and go to the race on Sunday = great ol' days. I also went to some qualifications in my day, even stayed in a suite that Vern Fleming was in, and we talked basketball for hours back in 1994 when the Pacers 1st got good, got drunk and ate Shrimp LOL. I didn't miss a race from 1989-2002, but things started to change with me when the police got worse not letting people party the way they wanted too and monitoring everything. I had a buddy get arrested for some dumb nonsense. Since then, I have boycotted going to the race or partying around the track. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Avoided Foster, he's doing Nuggets game 

Screenshot_20240519-123810.png.e882b332e81f67111c37e6384d4d96c6.png

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So, going to a Game 7, one game away from the Final 4 has no positives at all? Interesting take but I figured you would post something like this. This Pacers team is way of ahead of schedule and regarding this group with Pascal, they have really only played 1 year together. If this team had been together for like 3 years you would have a point, but they haven't. Nothing against you - we have had many chats and I like you overall, but if I had a boss like you where I worked at, I wouldn't last long with the attitude you display on here. 

It's good for the team to get this far but outside of that, it is meaningless.  The GM will have a better grasp on what is needed.  Hopefully no one demands a trade or chooses to sign elsewhere.   Now if they win today, this discussion is moot. 

I am a realist and it has served me well at work.  I have worked with people who think everything will work out fine no matter what, like you.  It doesn't go well for them.  You have to admit faults.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

It's good for the team to get this far but outside of that, it is meaningless.  The GM will have a better grasp on what is needed.  Hopefully no one demands a trade or chooses to sign elsewhere.   Now if they win today, this discussion is moot. 

I am a realist and it has served me well at work.  I have worked with people who think everything will work out fine no matter what, like you.  It doesn't go well for them.  You have to admit faults.  

I am a realist too, (I don't always think things will go well but applaud when I see someone do good) and what this Pacers team has achieved this year regardless of what happens today has been good. I don't set super high expectations for a team that will likely not be met being a realist like you do. That is like when I ran in the Mini - Marathon, and someone telling me I failed when I ran it in 2 hours, because I couldn't beat a Kenyon and few others. Like I have posted in the past, you will never be happy unless we win the Championship which isn't realistic this season. A team needs to be together for 3 or 4 years to accomplish that like Denver for example.

You had the Pacers losing to Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals before the playoffs started.  It still might happen, but if people were picking it to happen, it is not as impressive a run.  

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

You had the Pacers losing to Boston in the Eastern Conference Finals before the playoffs started.  It still might happen, but if people were picking it to happen, it is not as impressive a run.  

I did have the Pacers making it to the East Finals which is a really great accomplishment for a young team that hasn't played together for very long. 

• Like 1

If they can keep it a 10 point cushion, I think they will win it.   Pretty obvious but if the Knicks and fans smell a chance, it will be tough to hold them back.  So far so good though.  

• Like 1

The Knicks are losing big time. Up 2 games to none with home-field advantage. My brother thinks they can come back. 15 points seems like a lot. I was hoping the Timberwolves would upset Denver. 

I don't the NBA but being up two games to none should win you the series. No?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't the NBA but being up two games to none should win you the series. No?

Not as much as being up 20 points in a game should win the game.  The Pacers need to get going.

16 hours ago, Myles said:

Well guess who just won!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Well guess who just won!

They sure did.  If they would have lost that game after a 22 point lead,I don't think the team would have taken any positive from it.   Now they are on borrowed time against a much better team.  Play loose and let's see what happens.

I bet that there would be more than 209 points scored in the game, so that worked out. Congrats to the Pacers!  Wondering how much Brunson's injury had to do with the final score. 

I noticed that the analysts at halftime were biased against the Pacers. All the talk was on the Knicks and how it would be difficult for the Pacers to keep up the score. I know people have their favorite, but ESPN didn't have to show it so blatantly. 

6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I bet that there would be more than 209 points scored in the game, so that worked out. Congrats to the Pacers!  Wondering how much Brunson's injury had to do with the final score. 

I noticed that the analysts at halftime were biased against the Pacers. All the talk was on the Knicks and how it would be difficult for the Pacers to keep up the score. I know people have their favorite, but ESPN didn't have to show it so blatantly. 

The NBA did a horrible job with the pregame.  Smith was biased toward his favorite team (the Knicks).  Many times, the pregame coverage will not allow that.

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

They sure did.  If they would have lost that game after a 22 point lead,I don't think the team would have taken any positive from it.   Now they are on borrowed time against a much better team.  Play loose and let's see what happens.

They'll keep doing what they're doing and who knows! 

But boy are Knicks fans just the same as ever... Complete meltdowns going on right now on social media. 

• Like 1

YES BABY!! YEEESSSS!!! Knicks crowd starts of wild… then the crowd goes MILD!

oth GIF

THANK YOU PACERS!! WHOOOO GO INDIANA everything!! I’m a long-time resident there in spirit! :rock:

The hoodie in this press conference is EVERYTHING! :lol:

Pacers, Pacers, SHUT UP ALL THE HA-TERS!!!

Fail New York Knicks GIF by Indiana Pacers

Will Ferrell Dancing GIF by filmeditor

in your face suck it GIF by Heute-Show

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fail New York Knicks GIF by Indiana Pacers- I called it, we have the better team. Haters can go suck an egg, nobody gave us a chance today and we not only won but we destroyed the Knicks. Now what @Mylesis that good enough. Yeah, I am calling you out too. Once the media and the NY fans were talking crap, they made it personal with me after Game 5, I sent an e-mail to our FO and said everyone is picking against us including some of our fanbase. Let's lay the hammer down, block out their celebrity-based crowd is what I sent them, they made it personal, at that point they stepped in doo doo. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fail New York Knicks GIF by Indiana Pacers- I called it, we have the better team. Haters can go suck an egg, nobody gave us a chance today and we not only won but we destroyed the Knicks. Now what @Mylesis that good enough. Yeah, I am calling you out too. Once the media and the NY fans were talking crap, they made it personal with me after Game 5, I sent an e-mail to our FO and said everyone is picking against us including some of our fanbase. Let's lay the hammer down, block out their celebrity-based crowd is what I sent them, they made it personal, at that point they stepped in doo doo. 

Congrats on beating the Knicks! Hoping the Nuggets finish off the Wolves tonight in Denver. Would love to make the Final 4 with you! :thmup:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only quoting you to eat crow. I was one of the fans who doubted the Pacers would win game 7. Was more to do with being super impressed with how the Knicks played at home. Talk about a tough team.  I’m super happy with this series win bc we beat a very scrappy NY team that played great this series as well. 

Saw Porzingis is out at least the first two games of ECF. Al Harrington is playing well in relief but is 37 so hopefully we can wear him down. Be ready for the media hate again. Boston is another darling. Let’s hope the Pacers go out and win in 5-6 games and prove all the naysayers wrong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Congrats on beating the Knicks! Hoping the Nuggets finish off the Wolves tonight in Denver. Would love to make the Final 4 with you! :thmup:

Denver up 13 early. Close it out brother!

Pacers aren't done yet. Boston chokes every year so if we can get 1 of the 1st 2 in Boston, it's over because we are 6-0 at home in the Playoffs. This night is one of my greatest nights ever, I am celebrating getting hammered. This win is so huge because it just shut up about 5 million people and all the media. I tried to tell everyone we would win this and nobody would listen. I know my hoops. That e-mail I sent the FO; I did get a response and they said in a nutshell we know the situation. Anyone that doubts Haliburton again can eat my shorts. He set the tone for the whole game with his aggressive scoring. 

9 Final 4's since 1994 now = 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2013, 2014, 2024!

1 Final appearance in 2000.

• Like 2

Let's make that run better.  1-7 in the Eastern conference tournament is not good at all.  This team can make it look better at 2-7.  

i don't know anything about Boston except that they were 37-4 at home this season so they must be very good.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Let's make that run better.  1-7 in the Eastern conference tournament is not good at all.  This team can make it look better at 2-7.  

i don't know anything about Boston except that they were 37-4 at home this season so they must be very good.  

Boston is tough Myles. They do have mental lapses though but are loaded with talent, this series could go 7 games again lol.