Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grover Stewart suspended six games for PED violation (merge)

coltsfan_canada

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The Hits just keep on rolling! The Indianapolis Colts Brand is currently tarnished, there is always something! I love the Irsay’s and the “Kicking the Stigma” initiative. It’s a shame the stigma of bad luck or self imposed poor judgement by its players keep us at the top of the headline page. 

the deflate gate curse 

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

My fellow Colts fans can't you see ??

This is the curse of Luck !!

No team in the history of mankind has this much bad luck !!!

What can we do to break the curse ???

Get a pinkie chopped off him for the altar sacrifice!!! :) 

#justkidding

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A lot of these supplements are not regulated. From what I have heard they get a list that the nfl knows won’t cause issues. If they stray from that last then they do it at there own risk. 

I'd like to see some info on that. The NFL publishes a list of substances, I don't know about a list of brands.

I believe if you test positive, that's it. Just because you bought a certain brand that was sanctioned by the NFL doesn't mean you weren't doing something else on the side.

Also, every player gets tested at the beginning of the season. Then they can be randomly tested throughout the season. That's thousands of tests, presumably everyone being tested is using supplements (pro athletes, right?), and only a few test positive for banned substances. I think the unregulated substance excuse is pretty weak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But they secured their Top 5 NFL RB for 3 years, so there is a lot to cheer about.......

Hear me out: In a continued effort to win the 1990s way, the Colts immediately lock up Moss long term and make him the fourth-highest paid RB in the league behind Taylor. The rest of the NFL zigs, Chris Ballard zags. NFL Moneyball. 

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Breaking news:   After injuries, everyone’s depth falls off a cliff.   Happens to all teams.   

no, it doesn't. 

some go from elite, to average, or elite to good. 

we go from elite, to trash.

not everyones depth is the same. you know that. 

• Like 1

I could see Grove taking something to reduce inflammation and pain so that he could be there to battle alongside his fellow warrior Buckner. 

IMO Buckner should juice up and then go turn himself in. I truly do not want to see him waste his body for what is coming next. 

Rest up Grove, you have been a good teammate and a real Colts warrior 

10 minutes ago, IinD said:

Without getting controversial I'm assuming he juiced. Not sure I've ever seen meat from China or Mexico at Whole Foods or whatnot... Lol

Supplements these players take are very seldom regulated. It’s not out of the ordinary for them to have traces of PED if they don’t play very close attention.

16 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

If that’s the case he should appeal it but it’s probably not lol.

I'm sure he appealed it, and lost.

I see this as a way for the NFLPA to provide some PR cover for one of their players. 

Edit: Or apparently, just something floating around Twitter that fooled some people.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Um.  Meat comes from Poultry, Pork, and Beef.  That would be chickens, turkey's, pigs, and cows.  Possibly an old plow horse (wink, wink) if the packing plant was making sausage.   Meat is raised locally.  Its not a product that can be easily "outsourced".  Its not what we call "produced".  Meat is raised. 

Most athletes with money want fresh cuts.  They rarely shop for canned hot dogs at Aldi.

Maybe because Chinese meat has anabolic steroids' in it would be a reason a multimillionaire would buy his meat from China in the first place, as an excuse.  The claim that's why he failed the test?

If I was Goodell and a player used that as an excuse, I'd laugh and then point him to the many players that consult professional nutritionists about consuming the freshest cuts of lean meat.

China makes a lot of things better than the USA.  Cows ain't one of them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Um.  Meat comes from Poultry, Pork, and Beef.  That would be chickens, turkey's, pigs, and cows.  Possibly an old plow horse if the packing plant was making sausage.   Meat is raised locally.  Its not a product that can be easily "outsourced" and its not what we call "produced".  So I'm thinking the tweeter doesn't understand the rudimentary facts of agriculture.

Most athletes with money want fresh cuts.  They rarely shop for canned hot dogs at Aldi.

Maybe because Chinese meat has anabolic steroids' in it would be a reason a multimillionaire would buy his meat from China in the first place, as an excuse.  The claim that's why he failed the test?

If I was Goodell and a player used that as an excuse, I'd laugh and then point him to the many players that consult professional nutritionists about consuming the freshest cuts of lean meat.

Well the nfl must have a reason to warn players. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I'd like to see some info on that. The NFL publishes a list of substances, I don't know about a list of brands.

I believe if you test positive, that's it. Just because you bought a certain brand that was sanctioned by the NFL doesn't mean you weren't doing something else on the side.

Also, every player gets tested at the beginning of the season. Then they can be randomly tested throughout the season. That's thousands of tests, presumably everyone being tested is using supplements (pro athletes, right?), and only a few test positive for banned substances. I think the unregulated substance excuse is pretty weak.

It's incredibly weak, and almost certainly lies in just about every case. Supplements may not be regulated, but no supplement company is "accidentally" adding in anabolic steroids with their preworkout. 99% of players are either actively juicing, or have in the past. That's just the reality of it. How many guys do you think are taking backyard sketchy supplements that somehow always have anabolic steroids in them. They get caught, and this excuse is an attempt to save face.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well the nfl must have a reason to warn players. 

The memo says 'while visiting those countries.' There's no indication in the memo that anyone is specifically shipping in meat from out of country. They were warning players who might be visiting China or Mexico (players go to Mexico all the time, and the NFL even puts on games in Mexico City) about the potential for consuming meat from animals that were given banned substances.

And even then, it mentions 'large quantities,' so I'm thinking the likelihood of testing positive for PEDs from tainted meat is relatively low, unless someone is really getting after it.

Grover probably used PEDs, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope. I am not doing it. Until I start seeing things go the right direction I am done feeling excited.

Good, you really shouldn’t. Theres no need to unconditionally support a team. Especially or as dysfunctional as the Colts 

5 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Every athlete has an excuse for trying to gain an advantage! Wasn’t Mathis saying some nonsense about trying to get his wife pregnant? There is a long list of top players that have gotten caught.

He said they had infertility. That’s not totally off the wall. But should probably get nfl approval first so they know what your doing.

I don’t think Grover did this on purpose. Probably didn’t read ingredients well enough or didn’t know a ingredient was banned. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

The memo says 'while visiting those countries.' There's no indication in the memo that anyone is specifically shipping in meat from out of country. They were warning players who might be visiting China or Mexico (players go to Mexico all the time, and the NFL even puts on games in Mexico City) about the potential for consuming meat from animals that were given banned substances.

And even then, it mentions 'large quantities,' so I'm thinking the likelihood of testing positive for PEDs from tainted meat is relatively low, unless someone is really getting after it.

that explains the warning better!

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He said they had infertility. That’s not totally off the wall. But should probably get nfl approval first so they know what your doing.

steroids lower your sperm count! Anything raising your testosterone levels will do the same. 

1 minute ago, husker61 said:

steroids lower your sperm count! Anything raising your testosterone levels will do the same. 

Never said it was steroids. There are all kinds of fertility medication and all kinds of PED. Not saying I believe it but it’s possible. Remember when manning rumor was going around about him takinf something for his neck. I think it turned out to be his wife’s fertility medicine that had been delivered to their house. Then they had twins.

5 minutes ago, gregr507 said:

It's incredibly weak, and almost certainly lies in just about every case. Supplements may not be regulated, but no supplement company is "accidentally" adding in anabolic steroids with their preworkout. 99% of players are either actively juicing, or have in the past. That's just the reality of it. How many guys do you think are taking backyard sketchy supplements that somehow always have anabolic steroids in them. They get caught, and this excuse is an attempt to save face.

There are substances like DHEA and DHT that might be used in a steroid cycle, but are sold as unregulated supplements. And it's possible that a pre-workout powder that you like and is supposed to be "clean" is packaged in a plant that also packages DHEA or DHT, and there could be some cross contamination. 

I don't know what the testing tolerances are for this stuff, or how much a guy like Grover would have to take to fail a PED test, but just pointing out that it's possible, in theory, for a trusted supplement to be tainted.

The NFL's lead doctor advises that players stay away from supplements, period, probably because supplements in general are scammy and unregulated. But I think there's probably a market already being served for athletes who want trustworthy supplements. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah.  The tweet saying that meat is "produced" makes it sound like its an imported product to me.    Someone floating the idea that it came from foreign meat seems like fishing for an excuse.  

9 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Tamoxifen has been used to try to increase male fertility, and it's a banned "anabolic agent." I'm not offering this as a defense of Mathis, Grover, or anyone else, just countering your point.

• Like 1