Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Jags post game reaction

GoColts8818

One thing I don't like is now we are starting to see the "Shane sucks, Ballard sucks, everybody sucks" type sentiments.  After the Ravens game, everybody was riding a huge high.  Suddenly, in some people's eyes, we were a lock for the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl.  It was ridiculous.  Any of us who kept things realistic and said, "Okay, it's one game, let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves yet" were called Debbie Downers, not true fans, and all sorts of other nonsense.  Even with AR playing, we would not be a lock for the playoffs any way, shape, or form.  Now that reality is setting in, and it's clear that we have some problems, some people are losing their minds, and now "everyone sucks".  I think Shane is a good coach, but I didn't like his gameplan today.  At the same time, his hands are tied with teams daring Minshew to throw.  Overall, I think Shane has been a breath of fresh air.  Whether Ballard is the GM that we need is still debatable in my mind, but I don't think today's disaster sways that pendulum in either direction.  We are a mediocre team, better than last year, even with Minshew, but we still have a lot of holes to fill.  We aren't some juggernaut loaded with talent like some people thought after the Ravens game. There will be a lot of ups and downs this season.  Let's see how the season plays out and go from there.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

One thing I don't like is now we are starting to see the "Shane sucks, Ballard sucks, everybody sucks" type sentiments.  After the Ravens game, everybody was riding a huge high.  Suddenly, in some people's eyes, we were a lock for the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl.  It was ridiculous.  Any of us who kept things realistic and said, "Okay, it's one game, let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves yet" were called Debbie Downers, not true fans, and all sorts of other nonsense.  Even with AR playing, we would not be a lock for the playoffs any way, shape, or form.  Now that reality is setting in, and it's clear that we have some problems, some people are losing their minds, and now "everyone sucks".  I think Shane is a good coach, but I didn't like his gameplan today.  At the same time, his hands are tied with teams daring Minshew to throw.  Overall, I think Shane has been a breath of fresh air.  Whether Ballard is the GM that we need is still debatable in my mind, but I don't think today's disaster sways that pendulum in either direction.  We are a mediocre team, better than last year, even with Minshew, but we still have a lot of holes to fill.  We aren't some juggernaut loaded with talent like some people thought after the Ravens game. There will be a lot of ups and downs this season.  Let's see how the season plays out and go from there.  

Like I said I think Shane enjoyed a bit of a honey moon period that is now over.  Sadly, there will always be people who want everyone fired anytime the Colts lose.  Today was not Shane’s best day and he’s clearly a rookie coach but way too soon to be calling for his job.

I also think it’s worth remembering that was not some scab coach on the other sideline.  Pederson has won a Super Bowl and is one of the better coaches in the NFL.  I fully expect him to out coach any rookie coach.

19 minutes ago, colts89 said:

You just compared ARs injury history with Bob Sanders. Bob Sanders missed 82 games in his career and only played in 59 games across 7 seasons. AR has had two injuries. We'll see if the unlucky start continues, but the 'injury prone' label has to be earned for way more than two injuries (at least, for myself)

I never said he was injury prone.  In fact, I've said multiple times that it's too early to say that he's injury prone....but again, to say this isn't a cause for concern that your potential franchise QB  hasn't even played a full game yet is utterly ridiculous.  Also, I'm not going to get into a debate with you that for some reason, some injuries "don't count", like you've done with other posters.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

I never said he was injury prone.  In fact, I've said multiple times that it's too early to say that he's injury prone....but again, to say this isn't a cause for concern that your potential franchise QB  hasn't even played a full game yet is utterly ridiculous.  Also, I'm not going to get into a debate with you that for some reason, some injuries "don't count", like you've done with other posters.  

Exactly saying injuries don’t count is just ignoring facts you don’t like.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Steichen hits every other game.  

I actually think he’s worse than that but to each his own.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

5 Turnovers. Yeah that’s Shane’s fault

well he could have changed quarterbacks.  He was having one of his worse days as a professional quarterback.

9 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Lol. The injury that I said didn't count was the one vs the Rams where Braden Smith stepped on him in the TD throw to Cox. He didn't miss a snap due to it and played a hell of a game. If that counts for you towards the argument that he's injury prone, then you simply have an agenda.

He played the full game vs the Rams. He missed two snaps vs the Jags.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I actually think he’s worse than that but to each his own.

well he could have changed quarterbacks.  He was having one of his worse days as a professional quarterback.

I’d done it but we shall see what they do this week

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I'll say is I hope the media tears this team a new one. Same with every commentator that's local and national, and every sports site on tv and the internet. I want Irsay to see the rage from everyone on how embarrassing this game was to watch, how every Colts fan wasted their time today, and how we have to feel about being represented by this garbage on the field.

Yes, I'm emotional and upset right now.

As you should be. They’ve been a joke since Luck retired with no real hope for the future. The organization is a mess 

• Thanks 1

Kind of bad when Minshew couldn’t even beat that stacked box. They had receivers open.

We always struggle passing against jags. So then stacking box and not running well was going to be a bad result. There was guys open though quite a bit and Minshew just didn’t see them. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Leonard also had 7 tackles, 5 solo.  Second most on the team one behind Franklin for the most.  

Leonard still looked slow.

59 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

First of all agree.  Second hard to do when a guy has gotten where he is by playing this way his whole life and the running ability is a big part of why you drafted him.  Still this is part of why I wasn’t a big fan of drafting him in the first place but he’s here so as a Colts fan I hope he figures it out.

I wasn’t a fan of drafting him also for those same reasons, but was hoping I was wrong.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One day I hope colts will become the aggressors not not let the opposing team dictate what they do.

They did that last week.  That often starts with who wins up front.  The team that controls the line of scrimmage often dictates the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ThorstenDenmark said:

Top 5 pick is coming our way again.... AR wont last long as he's made of glass and well.... things trend i the wrong direction right now :(

Texans got CJ Stroud, Jags got Jennifer Lawrence and Titans likely gonna draft a new QB next year, which make us the worst team in the division again.

Then go cheer for one of the other three if you don’t like what the Colts are doing so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One day I hope colts will become the aggressors not not let the opposing team dictate what they do.

That was literally us during the Manning and Luck years. 

We’ve unfortunately had our time to shine. It’s no longer our turn to dominate. Perhaps next year, but really I don’t see us as title contenders until 2025. 

We’ll have to be patient in this rough process, because unless we get a Chase-like receiver for Richardson next year, there’s going to be an even level of ups and downs. 

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Um no he did that all game.  Btw the guy are praising caught five catches on eight targets for 21 yards.  You can’t say Downs was really good and Pittman sucks when Pittman has five times the production and both played the whole game.

Downs consistently got open though, which he’s done all year. Pittman wa show normal subpar self. Thrived once they went to the prevent defense 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Downs consistently got open though, which he’s done all year. Pittman wa show normal subpar self. Thrived once they went to the prevent defense 

The last part here is simply not true but like who you like.  Pittman was open too which is why he caught 9 of his 14 passes too.  If Downs was consistently open he would have had more than five targets.  By the way his 21 yards receiving was the fewest of anyone who caught a pass today which suggests he was not getting open down the field.  

I like Downs too but trying to spin today as he some how had a great day and Pittman stunk when Pittman put up five times as many yards as him and had almost double the catches is just that spin.

41 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Lol. The injury that I said didn't count was the one vs the Rams where Braden Smith stepped on him in the TD throw to Cox. He didn't miss a snap due to it and played a hell of a game. If that counts for you towards the argument that he's injury prone, then you simply have an agenda.

He played the full game vs the Rams. He missed two snaps vs the Jags.

"The injury that I said didn't count"...... There's no rational discussion with you on this situation.  All injuries "count".  I don't even know how to address the fact that you think some injuries count and some don't.  Once again, I've repeatedly said that it's way too early to say that he's injury prone, but you've either willfully ignored that or are having problems with reading comprehension.  I have no agenda.  It is concerning at this point that he can rarely finish a game.  He did finish the Rams game, you're correct.  That's my fault. Other than that, he's either missed entire games or hasn't finished.  That isn't normal.  That is cause for concern.  Hopefully it is bad luck. Time will tell, but to say "Oh, I guarantee it's all bad luck, some of those injuries don't count anyway" is ridiculous and sticking your head in the sand.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What really sucks is now looking ahead to draft and FA as the only thing to get excited about.

Yeah that is how 30 other teams feel unfortunately. Only 1 team will be happy, the one that wins the SB. That is how 90% of people think in here. People like to pretend and say winning doesn't matter but when we lose it is a pile manure in here, when we win like last week, everyone is happy and the trolls disappear all week. Comical Season 4 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1