Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

22 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

He may really get injured and not be faking.

Usually holdouts have a much higher probability of getting injured as they are out of shape.

That’s why I think they will ease him.  Let Moss be the featured back and let Taylor be the spell back and slowly reverse the roles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't hear what Rapoport said, but I don't think the Colts have even made a decision just yet.

They haven’t made it publicly but it doesn’t mean they haven’t made it privately.  Either way we don’t know and that’s all that really matters at this point.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Tom P Said today there have been some talks towards a extension but doesn’t know of far.

My guess is Ballard probably told him look if you come back and play well we are going to pay you.  If he’s smart Ballard would have probably reminded him they let him shop his services and no one else was lining up to acquire him and pay him what he wants so the Colts believe in him while others don’t.

• Like 2

I’m fine with this. The bottom line is that I like our team more with him on it than without him.

Hopefully they front loaded most of the contract, so that he gets paid out while Richardson is still on a rookie deal.

This is a win-win. Now let’s go play some football.

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I’m fine with this. The bottom line is that I like our team more with him on it than without him.

Hopefully they front loaded most of the contract, so that he gets paid out while Richardson is still on a rookie deal.

This is a win-win. Now let’s go play some football.

It's only a 3 year contract

• Thanks 1

Just now, CardiacColts said:

Lol that’s a very good point. So it’s really a moot point either way. I’m just happy that we can put this whole debacle behind us.

While setting the precedent for how future players should act ... terrible move.

• Like 2

Just now, esmort said:

While setting the precedent for how future players should act ... terrible move.

I don't like it either. Should have at least tried Taylor in a few games to see how he looks first. Now regardless if he stinks, or gets hurt, he gets paid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Not really.   It's been done for a very long time

Not frequently the dirty route JT and his agent took and then the organization draws a line in the sand only to cave...it is a bad move for future negotiations. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Well, can’t say I agree with it. At least it’s only 3 years. 

Hopefully we can get back to football now. 

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I hope fans temper expectation because he hasn’t played in almost a year.

Lol. A certain someone was already guaranteeing a win this sunday if JT has 10 carries. Good luck tempering people expectations. 

I like it, his contract ends just as ARs contract will be ending.  By that time we’ll know whether to resign him because his production is still good or let him walk because he’s declining.  

I’m not a cap expert but seems like the cap hit averages out to $14/year?  Which puts him below Alvin and CMC and $2mill above Henry, Chubb, and others.  I ain’t mad at that.  I said my highest id go with him was $13mill.  

Glad both sides came together.  This is what’s needed to help AR develop.  Now with another dynamic player added to our offense, I’d love for Shane to get JT some throws and work him in space.