Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

I think, if I'm the Colts, I would ATTEMPT to trade Taylor and Pitman to the cardinals for the Texans 1st overall pick in the 2024 draft and call it a day. 

I know this won't be a popular take, however it will kill two birds with one stone here. I'm not wanting this team to pay Taylor after all of this, and I certainly don't want them to pay Pittman as I think he is way overrated by a lot of fans here. 

My thinking is AZ keeps theirs and if their season goes really south as many projects, they can still be in position to grab a QB, if they can get out of the Murray contract to pair with Brown, Pittman, and Taylor. That's a solid future in their eyes. 

Colts are not really going to compete this year anyway and I believe the Texans pick will be top 3, so that coupled with our draft pick, which should be a top 5, should put us in position to grab Marv Jr and potentially Bowers as well. Which would be massive for this team. 

It seems madden-esque, however I'm sure it could get done. 

> here come the laughing/confused emojis I'm sure but I'm dead serious. 

I'd consider it, because I think it's lopsided in favor of the Colts. I'd love to have the Texans pick; with it, I think we could get whoever we want in next year's draft. But I don't think the Cardinals are giving up a premium first rounder for two players with one year remaining on their contracts. They could get a really good RB on a short term deal if they wanted, just sign Dalvin Cook. 

And I don't think people overrate Pittman, everyone seems to acknowledge that he's not a high level #1 WR. And I don't feel great about paying him $20m/year (I still think that's his market, though). So I'm open to the idea of trading him, but I don't think anyone is lining up to offer a first for him.

I also think it would be a mistake for the Cardinals to take that kind of a swing in 2023 when Kyler Murray is still not practicing. We know from 2023 that Pittman can't produce with bad QBing.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am just talking about come out and address it.  I doubt he was at rehab last week. I do understand not wanting to make things worse too. I just don’t understand why they didn’t just say no comment and move on instead of saying he went to rehab his ankle. I just don’t believe he is hurt.

I think he was definitely getting ankle treatment last week. I don't know if it was necessary, or anything he couldn't have gotten from the Colts staff, but I think he got some kind of ankle treatment while he was away. 

As for him being hurt, I continue to believe that's what JT is presenting to the team. If they're skeptical, they aren't going to publicly call him a liar. But he's on PUP, so the team has "acknowledged" his injury status, and until he's cleared, they won't say anything to undermine that status.

I think he's just starting to lower the threat level, so he can get back on the field. Just my theory. But if he wants to have a trade market or a free agent market, he has to play this year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

I'm not saying they would. I said I would ATTEMPT to. Besides, none of us know what the cardinals will do. They might believe that with Taylor and Pittman they can fill seats and give them a shot. That organization is a mess too, adding a couple players to a depleted offense might juice up the fan base and the overall team as well. 

Just saying 

Um..  to say this will never happen is an understatement.    Zero chance.  I'm positive Ballard is doing his job.  This scenario has never entered anyone's mind 

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Calvin Cook is signing a one year deal with the Jets for $8.6 MILLION. 

JT… damnit. 

If Calvin got that...  imagine how much Dalvin will get.   JT is pumped 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe colts were waiting for some of these other running backs before making a offer to JT. Maybe this moves it forward now.

No,  they were lying.   Remember 

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

I find it amusing that most people, where in disbelief of any suggestion, normally state something as you did in reference to the suggestion itself. It's a commonplace response until that outcome is proved otherwise.

The answer to your question is THIS WORLD, as anything is possible or as some might say, where there is a will there is a way or as some might state, everyone has a price. Should I go on?

At this point, the Colts might as well throw in a third as well just to sweeten the deal, as this team has nothing to lose at this point.

All in right? :thmup:

There is no way that any team with let's say a top 5 pick next year or maybe higher is trading for Pittman and Taylor let alone in contract years. I am not being critical but if u follow the draft that will never happen. Plus, there is no doubt that Zona is going to have a disastrous year and Texans will not do well. I was not a Stroud guy so I expect Texans to have a top 5 pick. So u could have Zona with the number 1 pick and say the Texans top 5. They would go Williams and say Harrison Jr. That's the future. They are moving on from Murray this year. So they could own the draft next year if they are able to pawn off Murray.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Dalvin Cook and Elliot signed today with AFC East teams. Hunt is still out there. With Cook and Zeke no longer available, does that make the Colts more likely to give JT what he wants?

Not what he wants. JT is hopefully opening his eyes and realizing he isn’t getting what he wants. Hopefully colts and JT can compromise now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe colts were waiting for some of these other running backs before making an offer to JT. Maybe this moves it forward now.

This should move things along.  I would be happy giving him a raise for the year and revisit again after the season.  Sides need to compromise.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Up to, is the key phrase.

Still a low number.

Cook $8.6m

Zeke $6m

Not doing much for RB market

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Dalvin Cook and Elliot signed today with AFC East teams. Hunt is still out there. With Cook and Zeke no longer available, does that make the Colts more likely to give JT what he wants?

Don't think they were even under consideration.

If anything it helps Colts in negotiations, if they happen to have them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

JT probably realizes he really has no trade value now too. At least for what he wants.

If he was wanting 10+ a year he just got hit by reality. No team is giving that. He could hope for a raise and maybe a year or two added but nothing huge for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Elliot signing for so little probably doesn’t help Taylor’s case. I know he is older but that is cheap.

RB wise, JT has more miles on him than any of the RBs on the market this year over the last six seasons.... 

So it's like dog years.....JT is the oldest of all the RBs in RB years lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

JT probably realizes he really has no trade value now too. At least for what he wants.

I think the gravity of his situation is sinking in. He will come back for the last preseason game and play this year. I doubt they do a contract though. Taylor sees he has to raise his stock again. He'd be smart just to play his best and wait...

6 hours ago, stitches said:

I wonder how Leonard feels about his agent's antics? What do you think Jim Irsay will do if after this year Ballard is on the fence about whether to cut Leonard or not? What side of the fence do you think the Colts will land on? 

Well, it's a business and Leonard is under contract.   If they feel he still has value it shouldn't matter. If they get all butt hurt by this agent's antics for JT and take it out on Leonard I would be surprised. 

15 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think the gravity of his situation is sinking in. He will come back for the last preseason game and play this year. I doubt they do a contract though. Taylor sees he has to raise his stock again. He'd be smart just to play his best and wait...

Irsay usually takes care of his players. I could see them giving him a bump in pay plus a extra year so he isn’t franchised at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

@Jackie Daytona @richard pallo you two can give the confused reactions all you want. Cook has huge incentives on his deal, and he went to a contender. Zeke feels the same way I guarantee it. JT is going to want more than Cook got. 

Wanting something is different then a team giving it to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Irsay usually takes care of his players. I could see them giving him a bump in pay plus a extra year so he isn’t franchised at the end of the season.

Wanting something is different then a team giving it to him.

JT feels he deserves it and that’s what he wants. I think eventually he’ll cave, but I’d bet anything as of now, he’s going to want more.