Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This throw should not be possible

CR91

16 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

He threw this with arguable the best defensive player at least in my lifetime sacking him… in mid air….. dude is different not even mahomes gets that ball out 

Difference is  Donald would had a ruffing the passer if he pounded Mahomes to the ground like that.😲 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

That is Aaron flipping Donald hitting him. The guy bench presses 700 pounds. No step up. Feet aren't set. Perfect pass. Crazy

He’s got a strong arm, but that’s an interception worthy throw if the dude doesn’t fall down.  Probably should have wasted that one or just turned away from the sack.

I don’t think he will be advised to chuck that one up in the film study.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah they did. But for hitting pierce not the QB.

The guy panicked and held down Pierces arm for some reason the way I remember it and got a PI.  Wired play.  Pierce might have played it up by kinda rehooking that defenders arm.

Just now, coltsfan_canada said:

I was  just seeing the same on youtube and I was surprised why it was not called roughing the passer when he clearly slammed him on the ground and you can see AR hit his head backwards again 

He hits his head but that’s not roughing.  He was whipped around not slammed down IMO.  Donald doesn’t even follow him to the turf let alone land on him.  Fair hit.  

I’ve been talking about him bouncing his head that might be the play I’m thinking of.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He’s got a strong arm, but that’s an interception worthy throw if the dude doesn’t fall down.  Probably should have wasted that one or just turned away from the sack.

I don’t think he will be advised to chuck that one up in the film study.

The defender fell down holding Pierce. He was never in position to make a play on the ball. The fact AR even got the ball there with pinpoint accuracy is next level

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The defender fell down holding Pierce. He was never in position to make a play on the ball. The fact AR even got the ball there with pinpoint accuracy is next level

Just disagree .  Pierce catches this one around Jimmy level.  No chance for the completion if the defender keeps his feet.  It would hit him in the back or if he turned around about shoulder level.  Pierce doesn’t need to jumo

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Just disagree .  Pierce catches this one around Jimmy level.  No chance for the completion if the defender keeps his feet.  It would hit him in the back or if he turned around about shoulder level.  Pierce doesn’t need to jumo

So you're disregarding the level of difficulty to make that throw as just reckless? Would you say the same thing if Mahomes made that throw?

No I’m just saying it wasn’t accurate and either hits the defender in the back or if he turns he has a chance to int.  He’s got an incredibly strong arm.

I can’t load the screen shot cause it says the file is too big but if you freeze at 9 secs or so it will be clear what I’m saying.  

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

No I’m just saying it wasn’t accurate and either hits the defender in the back or if he turns he has a chance to int.  He’s got an incredibly strong arm.

I can’t load the screen shot cause it says the file is too big but if you freeze at 9 secs or so it will be clear what I’m saying.  

I get what you're saying. I just don't understand why you're discrediting it. It's an incredible throw considering the circumstances. He took a bad play and made it a good one. 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So you're disregarding the level of difficulty to make that throw as just reckless? Would you say the same thing if Mahomes made that throw?

It’s underthrown and was a fortunate completion.  I seriously doubt if SS is going to tell him he wants to see him make that throw there. 

I don’t remember the down and distance.  If it’s 3rd then taking the chance is OK but it’s UNDERSTANDIBLY underthrown.

Just now, CR91 said:

I get what you're saying. I just don't understand why you're discrediting it. It's an incredible throw considering the circumstances. He took a bad play and made it a good one. 

Man I know it can be taken that way but AR ain’t listening to me.  I’m just saying that was an ill advised throw.  Probably one he needs to protect himself and not make.

Thats the main thing that is concerning to me with AR.  He’s taking some massive hits and that is a play I’d be shocked if he wasn’t advised to protect himself since the guy wasn’t open.  You got an open guy that’s when it’s worth getting hit in mouth by AD.  That one he’s going to be coached up to eat I should think.

he’s getting the crap bear out of him

27 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Man I know it can be taken that way but AR ain’t listening to me.  I’m just saying that was an ill advised throw.  Probably one he needs to protect himself and not make.

Thats the main thing that is concerning to me with AR.  He’s taking some massive hits and that is a play I’d be shocked if he wasn’t advised to protect himself since the guy wasn’t open.  You got an open guy that’s when it’s worth getting hit in mouth by AD.  That one he’s going to be coached up to eat I should think.

We'll have to agree to disagree 

• Like 1

Guys,

what Aaron Donald did was an effective pressure and he did NOT pound Richardson to the ground, that should never be a penalty.

Referees used to penalize everytime a QB gets some weight on him in past few years, NFL thankfully haven't been enforcing that this year. And, it works well..

Richardson wasn't harmed in the play any way, Donald handled him properly while still getting pressure. Even Donald was surprised that the pass was complete, if you see the clip above. Donald didn't fall on him or put excessive weight on Richardson. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

He threw this with arguable the best defensive player at least in my lifetime sacking him… in mid air….. dude is different not even mahomes gets that ball out 

Mahomes would just bail out and then release, he is only 6'2" 225 lbs, AR is 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier. Mahomes tries to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

The most elite QB do things like this. That’s what makes them elite. Richardson is not throwing int so let him do his thing. Luck would do crazy things too but the big plays that created were crazy.  

18 hours ago, CR91 said:

That is Aaron flipping Donald hitting him. The guy bench presses 700 pounds. No step up. Feet aren't set. Perfect pass. Crazy

When you see Richardson, are you not just blown away by his composure in the pocket? The way he plays, I would never think watching him that he is super athletic and fast. He just stands in there and looks for the pass and then runs. Very impressive

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The most elite QB do things like this. That’s what makes them elite. Richardson is not throwing int so let him do his thing. Luck would do crazy things too but the big plays that created were crazy.  

Sure .  All I’m saying is that was not a great throw.  Defender stays up right it hits him in the small of his back or he turns around and make a play on that particular throw,

28 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Sure .  All I’m saying is that was not a great throw.  Defender stays up right it hits him in the small of his back or he turns around and make a play on that particular throw,

Well if "is and buts" were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas.  Defender stays upright he still gets called for PI for blocking or running into the receiver. He never looked like he intended to look for the ball and he got jucked by the play and was out of position. That was an awesome throw, placed only where the receiver could catch it and by the way it was caught

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Hits him in the small of the back?? Is that defender 12 ft. tall??

Some posters love acting like they know more.   They need to let us all know how many pro athletes they grew up with.  They know more than you.   

Nonsense obviously.   That throw was elite.  But, they can't acknowledge that.   Their 12 pro athlete friends they grew up with say it isn't.   

Some folks would rather see failure if that's the narrative they have been pushing.   Ignore the non fans

• Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 4:44 PM, Nickster said:

under thrown because of the hit. It wasn’t an ill advised throw as there is no way to know where darnold is. AR was trying to make a throw with his eyes down field because he felt the pressure. If you take his attention off down field, then he stops being the player you hope him to be, and becomes too worried about the chaos directly around him. It’s elite because he feels the pocket, and got the pass off to a WR that was going to be open by the time the ball got there. Alec had his man beat which was why the pass was being thrown, and which was also why the CB was holding Alec’s arm back. All which wouldn’t have been seen, if AR was SEEING the chaos around him, vs FEELING it. 

everything that happened there is showing us signs of how legit AR actually is. 

there are a lot of ifs. If the CB didn’t trip. If speed didn’t commit a penalty. If our players weren’t injured. If AR didn’t fumble. If Shane didn’t go for it on 4th and 7. And the ravens fans were doing the same thing after their loss to us. It makes no difference. It is what it is. AR Got the ball out with enough power, the CB fell, and Alec caught the ball regardless of all that. 

13 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

under thrown because of the hit. It wasn’t an ill advised throw as there is no way to know where darnold is. AR was trying to make a throw with his eyes down field because he felt the pressure. If you take his attention off down field, then he stops being the player you hope him to be, and becomes too worried about the chaos directly around him. It’s elite because he feels the pocket, and got the pass off to a WR that was going to be open by the time the ball got there. Alec had his man beat which was why the pass was being thrown, and which was also why the CB was holding Alec’s arm back. All which wouldn’t have been seen, if AR was SEEING the chaos around him, vs FEELING it. 

everything that happened there is showing us signs of how legit AR actually is. 

there are a lot of ifs. If the CB didn’t trip. If speed didn’t commit a penalty. If our players weren’t injured. If AR didn’t fumble. If Shane didn’t go for it on 4th and 7. And the ravens fans were doing the same thing after their loss to us. It makes no difference. It is what it is. AR Got the ball out with enough power, the CB fell, and Alec caught the ball regardless of all that. 

AR looks Ok so far.