Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans (week 2) post game thread

GoColts8818

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Here is the hot that Richardson got concussed. It wasn’t from hitting head on turf. It should of been a penalty from helmet to helmet.

oh seems Twitter  links are working again.

I mean, the tweet you posted said when he hit the turf and so did Irsay?

Just now, krunk said:

I don't agree.  He hit the back of his head directly on the Turf and his head bounced back up.

Im almost certain that's what caused it.

And you can see before that the efenser hitting him helmet to helmet. I agree though it might of been hitting it on turf but could of Bern the helmet hit too.

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Something Has to be done about the secondary.  Thankfully we have a decent pass rush! Also  Anthony Richardson is going to have a short career if he doesn’t learn to protect himself.

I am not sure what can be done about the secondary at this point other than hoping some of the young guys learn and develop.  We knew going in they were going to take their lumps, especially early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colts were fine letting the young corners grow and make mistakes since they had a young QB. They might of made a mistake realizing Richardson was farther along then they thought.

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I mean, the tweet you posted said when he hit the turf and so did Irsay?

All I was saying it could of been either one. We will never know.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Here is the hot that Richardson got concussed. It wasn’t from hitting head on turf. It should of been a penalty from helmet to helmet.

oh seems Twitter  links are working again.

How do we know it wasn’t from hitting his head on the turf?

We see the injuries suffered by AR today every year. With all the safety concerns in the NFL I don't see why they can't come up with something similar to the HANS device. I know they have addressed that type of injury so are they just stumped for a solution? Recall Dale Ernhart refused to wear one on the day he suffered a fatal neck injury. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes Colts should try to extend him.  I think you’ll always need a high end back up like him as long as Richardson is your QB.

19/27 today. Not too shabby.

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

We see the injuries suffered by AR today every year. With all the safety concerns in the NFL I don't see why they can't come up with something similar to the HANS device. I know they have addressed that type of injury so are they just stumped for a solution? Recall Dale Ernhart refused to wear one on the day he suffered a fatal neck injury. 

I read somewhere at beginning of TC that there was talk of wearing the shells during games.

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure what can be done about the secondary at this point other than hoping some of the young guys learn and develop.  We knew going in they were going to take their lumps, especially early.

Could it be Bradley's crappy zone schemes?

• Like 1

Im not totally in line with all the secondary complaints.  We gave up a total of 10 points for most of the game and going into the 4th quarter early into it we had only given up 13 in total.  To me the 4th quarter is the thing that wasn't the best but we were playing looser type of coverage than we had been playing.  I gotta be honest I didn't see much of anything completed on Flowers, but I saw a few on Baker that didn't result in points.  I will go back and look when I get a chance, but that's my take. 

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Could it be Bradley's crappy zone schemes?

I don’t think that’s the biggest issue.  A lot of times these guys just weren’t in position even in the zones.  Yes zones are designed to give up catches up but not the YAC the Texans were getting.  Zones are supposed to stop that.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think that’s the biggest issue.  A lot of times these guys just weren’t in position even in the zones.  Yes zones are designed to give up catches up but not the YAC the Texans were getting.  Zones are supposed to stop that.  

Zone is one thing... But is there another, team besides the Colts, who allow wide open receivers to run around like we do?  On 3rd downs, regardless of how many yards the team needs, its a safe bet, they will get the first, like taking candy from a baby. Bradley's defense looked this way last year too. No lead is safe.

4 minutes ago, Creekside said:

Why did he slow down? I could not understand why he pulled up as if he could walk in .

Probably was kind of taunting the defender. Going ha ha I am going to beat you even if I slow down.

Just now, Matabix said:

Moss helped alot. Liked Mallory's hands. The good and bad with Minshew is he could get starting QB money if he keeps impressing. 1 reason I want Richardson to stay in the game. I'm worried about the Ravens.

He deserves good backup money. What he is making as a backup is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Probably was kind of taunting the defender. Going ha ha I am going to beat you even if I slow down.

He deserves good backup money. What he is making as a backup is ridiculous.

He deserves it, but I want to resign some others as well 

Just now, SwedishColt said:

NFL redzone just gave AR 'the best Rookie performance of the day' despite him being taken out of the game early. Well deserved in my book. 

Cant believe he's only 21. I dont even dare to think about how good he can become if he stays healthy.

Needs to keep improving his accuracy and display different touch on the ball when he throws. Too much Matthew Stafford at times.

57 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I liked the offense with AR and Minshew. We moved the ball and scored a lot in the first half at least. Second half was a bit disappointing both on offense and defense. 

I hate our 4th Qtr Cover Nothing defense. Makes me cringe…

4qtr coverage was so hard to watch. One would hope we’d play differently against a better team. History says differently.

Go Colts.

• Like 1

Just now, Matabix said:

Needs to keep improving his accuracy and display different touch on the ball when he throws. Too much Matthew Stafford at times.

Nol doubt. I feel like those things can be taught though. His atheleticism can not be taught, you have to be born with it. 

That's another good thing about him being so young and having played so few games too. A good coach like Steichen is going to help him clean things like that up as time goes on (I hope) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

I'm usually long-winded on these threads but I just got 2 points for today

1) I apologize to Steichen for complaining about his play calling last week. Who knew having even a competent run game helps out that much lol. Great game by the new HC. Very excited to see how he molds this team.

2) Baker sucks. He's our CB1 this year and was PICKED ON by a rookie QB and a generally incompetent offense. He and Flowers will be the direct reason why we lose a good chunk of games this season. Super negative points to Ballard aka Mr.'We like our guys' for going this route. I swear if Isiah Rodgers balls out for the Eagles next year.......

Gilmore would have been nice to keep too.

• Like 1