Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans (week 2) post game thread

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are putting words in my mouth saying I would proclaim AR a Hall of Famer after 2 games if he played like Stroud today. Also you just assume I think because someone doesn't have a horseshoe on their helmet, I won't give them credit. I never said Stroud can't become good. A debate is one thing but don't be putting words in my mouth. 

Again disagreeing with your point and backing up my point isn’t bullying you yet it’s claim you like to make just about anytime someone disagrees with you which is also not part of a good debate.  No one is trying to bully you on any subject they just disagree with your point.  In this case I disagree with your opinion that Stroud didn’t play that way.  I stated why.  Seems most agree that Stroud did play way.  If you still think he didn’t you are entitled to your opinion most disagree though.  

i don't have anything against Ryan Kelly the man, but as a player, he is overpaid and replaceable.

we also have a RG playing RT making RT money. who consistently gets beat on speed moves. Sure Smith is a pretty decent RT, but I think he would be even better at RG. 

will they ever move him? Probably not. 

But at least our line is improving, because this was the situation last season, but compound it with awful play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh yeah lots of questions remain.  I’d agree the odds none make it by year five are much higher than all three making it by year five.  I am just going off two games and saying what I’ve seen so far.  Frankly I wasn’t even talking about Richardson, I think he’s played as well as anyone can ask for outside of the injures and one rookie INT.  I was just objecting to the idea that someone else said that Stroud didn’t play well.  I think it’s pretty clear he played extremely well and I think most agree with that statement regardless of thoughts about Richardson.

I agree. If both Stroud and AR hit and stick, we could have the toughest division in all of football within 5 years. Stroud, AR and Lawerence. 

• Like 1

Trying to say which of these three rookie qbs (Young, Stroud and Richardson) is the best, after only two games (one so far for Young) is crazy. So much can happen over time and who knows?

But one thing I will say... If AR5 keeps getting hit like he has, we can forget about him finishing top of the three.

• Like 5

Just now, AKB said:

i don't have anything against Ryan Kelly the man, but as a player, he is overpaid and replaceable.

we also have a RG playing RT making RT money. who consistently gets beat on speed moves. Sure Smith is a pretty decent RT, but I think he would be even better at RG. 

will they ever move him? Probably not. 

But at least our line is improving, because this was the situation last season, but compound it with awful play. 

I think they’ll let him go after the season

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Trying to say which of these three rookie qbs (Young, Stroud and Richardson) is the best, after only two games (one so far for Young) is crazy. So much can happen over time and who knows?

But one thing I will say... If AR5 keeps getting hit like he has, we can forget about him finishing top of the three.

i don't think we can say definitively, but the little bits ive watched of young has been pretty bad. not sure if it is his hall of fame coach Frank Reich, or if his size really will hold him back

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think they’ll let him go after the season

I've wanted it for a while now, to be honest. I do understand the leadership and his ability to help AR. I understand it from that perspective, but as a pure center, he is totally replaceable. 

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Get to see him tomorrow

first game looked pretty bad, albeit i didn't watch the full thing

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I remember that too.  But yet he is still a starter.  I think we play our best players.  Younger players replace older players all the time.  Right now no one can take him out of the lineup.  Only an injury will.

One would think. Yet I believe, sometimes the veteran (pro bowl) status dictates who starts. But occasionally, when the perennial starter misses a few games, it exposes, that someone else may be a better option.

13 minutes ago, AKB said:

I've wanted it for a while now, to be honest. I do understand the leadership and his ability to help AR. I understand it from that perspective, but as a pure center, he is totally replaceable. 

first game looked pretty bad, albeit i didn't watch the full thing

Kelly has that team captain and leader tag. He won't be benched this year. I think I read where next year would be the time to move away from Kelly due to contractual issues

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again disagreeing with your point and backing up my point isn’t bullying you yet it’s claim you like to make just about anytime someone disagrees with you which is also not part of a good debate.  No one is trying to bully you on any subject they just disagree with your point.  In this case I disagree with your opinion that Stroud didn’t play that way.  I stated why.  Seems most agree that Stroud did play way.  If you still think he didn’t you are entitled to your opinion most disagree though.  

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with me but telling me what I think is out of line was my point. Saying I think AR would be a Hall of Famer after 2 games if he played like Stroud is just ridiculous. Also the Horsehoe stuff is comical. I will give my opinion on who I think played bad, average, good, or great no matter the team. You know what you are doing.

You think Stroud played great, I just disagree. His stats were great regarding yards passing but like I said earlier, a lot of those came when we had a big lead and playing prevent. 

There are times when I have said Andrew Luck has played bad and the other QB has outplayed him in certain games, so don't give me the Horseshoe stuff.

Just now, AKB said:

But all things have to be considered.  Intangibles have to be considered.  He is a captain for a reason.  The players know who should play.  I remember a lot of people didn’t like Costanzo.  Thought he was nothing special.  But boy did we miss him when he retired.  Unfortunately Kelly is another player that is really not appreciated or valued by fans but is by the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Really happy for Moss and Mallory! Both showed up and I think we have found our running back and tight end! 

Moss is our best running back right now.  Our best running back is on pup.  Don’t forget the Bills traded Moss for Hines.  And that is a team searching for a running back to take the load off of Allen.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Moss is our best running back right now.  Our best running back is on pup.  Don’t forget the Bills traded Moss for Hines.  And that is a team searching for a running back to take the load off of Allen.

Do you know something I don’t? Is JT coming back? How would you rate the trade so far? Moss for Hines? You do give Moss a positive thumbs up today correct?!

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

moss and a pick.  Right now Ballard looks like he fleeced the Bills.  It’s funny for a GM so many think (and to be clear I am NOT saying you are one of those people) can’t walk and chew gum at the same time almost always seems to come out better on his trades…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stroud is going to be very good. Just some bad circumstances today with injuries. He doesn’t looked overwhelmed and looks like he is in control. I can’t wait to watch Bryce young tomorrow night. Will be curious how Reich has the offense looking.

I have nothing against Stroud, the guy might end up being a top 10 QB of all-time for all I know. He may make AR look putrid when it is all said done. More power to him and his fans. I just like our QB better as of now because he is a major threat that can run, maybe I won't a year from now. Who knows? 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just a thought about corners struggling today. I wonder how much of us blitzing was the reason for that. Would have to look at plays more closely. We got home a lot on blitz but would like to know how many we didn’t get hold on and we got burnt.

Could be but I think a lot just had to do with the corners not being very good or being young.  Lots of plays guys were just flat out of position like looking the wrong way (the first TD for example) or missing tackles.  That’s on the corners.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do you know something I don’t? Is JT coming back? How would you rate the trade so far? Moss for Hines? You do give Moss a positive thumbs up today correct?!

Of course I do.  He played great.  He’s a tough runner.  Perfect as a no. 2 running back.  I would much rather have him over Hines.  Not even close.  But he is not JT.  Not even close.  I’m hoping JT comes back.  They would be a great one two punch.

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I mean no one knows if JT is coming back but most people have felt from the start he was going to be forced into that rather he wanted too or not and the story coming out that he could be ready to go week five (which seemed to come from his side) and the video he posted of him working out with the Colts gives fans reasons to be cautiously optimistic about him playing for the Colts this year.

As for the Moss and Hines trade factor in the Colts got a pick in that deal too and it seems pretty one sided that the Colts won that trade.

43 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Kelly has that team captain and leader tag. He won't be benched this year. I think I read where next year would be the time to move away from Kelly due to contractual issues

im not saying bench him at all. im just saying roster wise im ready for him to go

43 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

But all things have to be considered.  Intangibles have to be considered.  He is a captain for a reason.  The players know who should play.  I remember a lot of people didn’t like Costanzo.  Thought he was nothing special.  But boy did we miss him when he retired.  Unfortunately Kelly is another player that is really not appreciated or valued by fans but is by the team.

yeah i agree with what you are saying, you aren't saying anything wrong

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, presto123 said:

I was on the Stroud bandwagon on draft night. Anybody here that would take Stroud over Richardson at this point? My mind has been changed. AR better than I thought and so entertaining to watch.

I’d feel good with either.  My only concern about Richardson is he has to do a better job protecting himself.  Not finishing either of his first two games should concern anyone but I agree when he’s in there it’s easy to see why the Colts wanted him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, presto123 said:

I was on the Stroud bandwagon on draft night. Anybody here that would take Stroud over Richardson at this point? My mind has been changed. AR better than I thought and so entertaining to watch.

I didn’t want either of them to be honest. That said, they both appear to be off to a respectable start. But we’ve seen that before, too early for me to totally be able to say I was wrong about them. Still very early and right now I have grave concerns about the hits AR takes when out on the run. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I didn’t want either of them to be honest. That said, they both appear to be off to a respectable start. But we’ve seen that before, too early for me to totally be able to say I was wrong about them. Still very early and right now I have grave concerns about the hits AR takes when out on the run. 

Yep it doesn’t matter how great AR is if he keeps missing time due to injuries he’s not going to help.  He has to learn to protect himself.  He looks like a young guy that’s used to just being bigger and more athletic than everyone hes played against and hasn’t figured out these guys in the NFL are just as much freaks as he is and he has to protect himself from that.  Like Lawerence told him last week take care of yourself these guys hit different.  That was very sound advice he needs to listen to.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, presto123 said:

I felt the same on draft night and was disappointed to get Richardson. The kid has definitely grown on me though with his maturity level and hunger to win. And I agree, very entertaining to watch :scoregood:

Fred Armisen Tea GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not so sure we didn't get the best QB out of the 3 though. He just needs to protect himself better. Stroud to me is 1 dimensional. AR can pass and run. We will see how Young pans out?

I believe Stroud would do well in a system like we had with Peyton Manning.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I believe Stroud would do well in a system like we had with Peyton Manning.

Honestly I get Andrew Luck type vibes from him.  I am not saying he’s Andrew Luck yet, it’s week two, but I mean a guy who is physically gifted and can run but looks to be a pocket passer first always.  

We've been giving our tight ends some work like I expected.  Im itching to see what we do when we have Woods, Ogletree, and Granson available at the same time.  Man that's going to be hard to deal with.  Especially if you have JT and AR back there working the play action. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly I get Andrew Luck type vibes from him.  I am not saying he’s Andrew Luck yet, it’s week two, but I mean a guy who is physically gifted and can run but looks to be a pocket passer first always.  

I think he can run somewhat but he looks awkward doing it.  He's not a real threat with his legs to me, but he can get you a few yards here and there when he needs to get some where.  That's why I would lean more towards using him like Peyton Manning because of the cerebrals and the accuracy.