Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson named starter for the season

Indyfan4life

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

What's the TD-INT guess? Like Mannings first year? Or worse?

I don't know about the ratio but I don't think he will be anywhere near Peyton's INT record. Peyton couldn't throw on the run for the first 5 or 6 years of his career and couldn't run period so when the pocket collapsed he would either curl up in the fetal position and take a sack or throw an INT. Will AR throw INTs? Of course he will. He is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but he can also gain yardage with his legs when the pocket collapses instead of trying a desperation pass. Something Peyton was incapable of doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I don't know about the ratio but I don't think he will be anywhere near Peyton's INT record. Peyton couldn't throw on the run for the first 5 or 6 years of his career and couldn't run period so when the pocket collapsed he would either curl up in the fetal position and take a sack or throw an INT. Will AR throw INTs? Of course he will. He is a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but he can also gain yardage with his legs when the pocket collapses instead of trying a desperation pass. Something Peyton was incapable of doing.

Peyton Running Was Hard To Watch He looked Like A Penguin ..

• Like 1

To me this was a no-brainer. I predicted/posted he would start after he got drafted. He should, only way to get better is in game REPS. Glad our FO agrees with me. You just don't draft someone 4th and sit them. He may play badly at times but not the point. This will give him a year under his belt which should make him much better going into year 2.

I agree with this and it makes sense to me, it isn't about the wins or losses. If we win, that is just an added bonus.

• Like 3

I think Offensively part of what we will see with the Colts use of AR will be an emphasis on TE throws in the passing game similar to what the Ravens do with Lamar Jackson. I believe that's why we have so many dynamic tight ends.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

AR is going to be very good

Kevin Cole is so weird. I swear he was %ting on Richardson throughout the whole pre-draft process... Now he's announced starter and he's all in. I don't mind people changing their mind, but what exactly has changed in 3 months for him to make this huge of a turn on AR? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Fine but if the OL performs like they did in their first preseason game AR will ask to be traded after week 3. 

Did you actually pay any attention to the game? Did you see our starting OL vs the Bills starting DL? While there is always room for improvement in general, our OL held their own and you could even argue "won" against the Bills starting DL. 

It's only preseason and its all very vanilla, but there are positive signs for our OL compared to last year. RG is still an issue, but thats a heck of a lot easier of an issue to deal with than LT being a problem like it was entering last season.

I love this, and so glad Steichen is the HC...he made the right call. 

This does 2 things: 

Instills confidence in AR early on.

AR gets to further develop timing with starters. 

I don't care if we only win a few games, I just want to see those wrist flick throws that go 40 yards, and those defenders try to take AR down. 

For the last EIGHT years we have had a different starting QB.....so I haven't been this excited in forever!

He will be better than the last Richardson that started on the Colts LOL! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very very happy to be wrong!    I find AR very easy to like and pull for.  The Andrew Luck era is thankfully over, and the Anthony Richardson era is officially launched!!   

Looking forward to watching him grow and develop as the Colts build around him.  

If you can’t root for this kid, who can you root for?!?    Here’s to a long,  successful and healthy career!!    :thmup:      :scoregood:

Great post. I just always felt like he would probably start. I just never seen the point of Minshew starting unless AR just looked bad in camp or told Shane he wasn't ready or an injury happened. We may only win 4 or 5 games this season so I am ready for the bad if it happens. Even had Minshew played the whole season, we still may only have won 4 or 5 games. 

You and I have always agreed on, that is not about wins/losses anyway this season. Bowen, Query, and JMV all think it is the right move starting AR as well. 

Nothing against Minshew, I think he can be a great backup but he was never winning anything big IMO, so why prolong AR starting. You have been in the media for half your life and it is wierd how the media thinks at times. Most of the media outside of Indiana seemed to think this is a mistake and he should sit and learn. The Indiana media think this was a no-brainer and a great move. QB's like Jordan Love and even Rodgers and Mahomes had the luxury of sitting at least 1 year because they all had QB's who were good or great. Alex Smith was a good QB in KC, a lot better than Minshew. Rodgers had Favre, then Love had Rodgers haha .

• Like 1

Dan Orlovsky had a good point about starting Richardson for the whole season: it gives them the ability to really see what he's good at and what he struggles with, and then craft the perfect offense around him that fits his style.

Then, Ballard can go about next offseason in getting the right players who can pair with Richardson and the offense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

First team stunk

Explain why. 

Seriosuly, what did they do (or not do) that warrants this reaction from you? How many sacks did they give up while they were in? What was their pressure rate on the QB while the first team was in? Heck.... pull up the footage and show me some screenshots of some plays where they were bad. Anything.... You can't just say "they stunk" because that fits your narrative....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Explain why. 

Seriosuly, what did they do (or not do) that warrants this reaction from you? How many sacks did they give up while they were in? What was their pressure rate on the QB while the first team was in? Heck.... pull up the footage and show me some screenshots of some plays where they were bad. Anything.... You can't just say "they stunk" because that fits your narrative....

:troll:

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Can't be any worse then when Jeff was coached. Can it? 6 wins perhaps?

I have us winning 8 but that is being generous. This is assuming JT and Leonard play + we play in a weak division. I think 9 is the ceiling, 5 is the low. 7 is probable, I went 8. I just threw out so many numbers, now I am confused lmao 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have us winning 8 but that is being generous. This is assuming JT and Leonard play + we play in a weak division. I think 9 is the ceiling, 5 is the low. 7 is probable, I went 8. I just threw out so many numbers, now I am confused lmao 

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

On 8/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I have $170 worth of bestballs on fanduel and draftkings currently. Doing a $25 ESPN league in less than two weeks.

I'll probably spend $250 on yearly fantasy stuff and set aside another $250 as a bankroll to play daily fantasy for the year.

I don't play League Fantasy..... yet lol. So what is "bestballs?

I plan on playing Daily again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Bestballs are leagues you draft for the year. On draftkings and fanduel, you draft 20 players (on underdog you draft 18), you automatically get the best possible lineup counted for you each week without having to set it.

I'm now in $183 worth of bestball leagues this year already.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I will still do by normal betting on 2 or 3 games a week on line. I will post them here before the games as usual on our picks thread, so people don't think I am fibbing about winning lmao . Last year I went back and looked at my bets and I came out ahead but not by much. I won 52% of my bets with the point spread factored in. I will take it but it didn't get me any where. I need to get that up to 60%. It is tough because of parity of the league and you take some losses when giving up like 5 points and the team you pick only wins by 4. Without the point spread I am always around 65% on average a week but that is just picking for fun.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will still do by normal betting on 2 or 3 games a week on line. I will post them here before the games as usual on our picks thread, so people don't think I am fibbing about winning lmao . Last year I went back and looked at my bets and I came out ahead but not by much. I won 52% of my bets with the point spread factored in. I will take it but it didn't get me any where. I need to get that up to 60%. It is tough because of parity of the league and you take some losses when giving up like 5 points and the team you pick only wins by 4. Without the point spread I am always around 65% on average a week but that is just picking for fun.

To follow this up, there is the radio host on CBS that picked his big 3 games of the week with the point spread and he went 20-31 OUCH! My 52% compared to his 39% looks pretty good.