Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts signing Ronnie Harrison

Indyfan4life

Just now, krunk said:

if I remember right Tabor was well regarded coming out of college as a corner but ended up being too slow so now hes a safety.

Harrison I liked a lot coming out of Bama. Used to play for Bradley in Jacksonville.

Couple solid flyers on the two.

The more players we can get eyes on the better.

Always looking to improve.

Safety swap and injured wr swap for them.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

if I remember right Tabor was well regarded coming out of college as a corner but ended up being too slow so now hes a safety.

Harrison I liked a lot coming out of Bama. Used to play for Bradley in Jacksonville.

Didn't tabor play opposite  our other draft pick Wilson in college 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

still time. Ballard has put his stamp on the OL being good this year so I'm sure there's a method to the madness

Starting to put together something I think.

Hambright played good at LT on Saturday, gave up no pressures in 21 pass-blocking snaps. He can also play Guard so is versatile across the line.

And like I said somewhere else. I actually think our OL did a pretty good job in the 4th quarter overall. Might of been a play here or there but solid for most part. Only possession in the 3rd was a nightmare though.

Think Ekiyor played better than being reported after a rewatch, so I think he has a pretty good chance of snatching one of those last OL spots.

Current likey locks:(that's 8 spots)

LT:Raimann, Hambright 

LG:Nelson

OC:Kelly, Wesley/Shepley/Pinter(1 of these guys)

RG:*Fries

RT:Smith, Freeland 

With the following trying to earn a spot:(1-2 spots remaining)

Skipper(starting experience from Lions culture)(Probably tackle only, 6'-10")

Ekiyor

O'Donnell(working at Guard, been around couple years?)

Pinter(ehhhh @ guard)

Still need to look into one or two of the vet guards out there though. Would solidify the line, move Fries to depth.

*Starter TBD, Fries got an early lead no doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Liking the Harrison singing a lot think he definitely makes the squad and could be a spot starter like he has been in the past. Not as impressed with the Tabor signing hasn't shown much in the league and is very slow for the position.

could be for special teams

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Liking the Harrison singing a lot think he definitely makes the squad and could be a spot starter like he has been in the past. Not as impressed with the Tabor signing hasn't shown much in the league and is very slow for the position.

He’s not slow for a safety.   He’s slow for a corner, the position he played when he came into the league in 2017.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s not slow for a safety.   He’s slow for a corner, the position he played when he came into the league in 2017.  

He is slow for a Safety, for a Corner off the charts slow....

4.62 40

Cross 4.34

Denbow 4.57

Thomas 4.51

Dabo 4.52

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He is slow for a Safety, for a Corner off the charts slow....

4.62 40

Cross 4.34

Denbow 4.57

Thomas 4.51

Dabo 4.52

You’ve only listed Colt’s safeties.  There are plenty of NFL safeties who have run similar times.   He also has a very fast 3-cone time.   He’s also signed as a free agent.   The pickings are slim this time of year.   The Colts didn’t sign him in March.  He could be cut tomorrow, or by September.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’ve only listed Colt’s safeties.  There are plenty of NFL safeties who have run similar times.   He also has a very fast 3-cone time.   He’s also signed as a free agent.   The pickings are slim this time of year.   The Colts didn’t sign him in March.  He could be cut tomorrow, or by September.  

Wide receivers - 4.48 seconds

Cornerbacks - 4.48

Running backs - 4.49

Free Safety - 4.53

Strong Safety - 4.55

Outside Linebacker - 4.60

Tight End - 4.75

Inside Linebacker - 4.76

Fullback - 4.80

Defensive End - 4.80

Quarterback - 4.81

Edge - 4.81

Defensive Tackle - 5.06

Center - 5.21

Guard - 5.27

Offensive Tackle - 5.32

Offensive Guard - 5.37

He is well below the average for either safety spot which was his knock coming into the league as a corner was the lack of speed. Some people can overcome with instincts and other skills he just has not done that to date. Just comparing the two signings as both were available, one has had a much better career and looks like a keeper other fighting an uphill battle.

28 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Cornerbacks - 4.48

Running backs - 4.49

Free Safety - 4.53

Strong Safety - 4.55

Tight End - 4.75

Inside Linebacker - 4.76

Fullback - 4.80

Defensive End - 4.80

Quarterback - 4.81

Edge - 4.81

Defensive Tackle - 5.06

Center - 5.21

Guard - 5.27

Offensive Tackle - 5.32

Offensive Guard - 5.37

He is well below the average for either safety spot which was his knock coming into the league as a corner was the lack of speed. Some people can overcome with instincts and other skills he just has not done that to date. Just comparing the two signings as both were available, one has had a much better career and looks like a keeper other fighting an uphill battle.

You realize you’re including corners and safeties who play man to man which requires more speed with players who play zone which require less speed.   The Colts play mostly zone.   

And the times you’re posting are great if the Colts are drafting a player in April or signing a free agent in March when you’re trying to get the most bang for your buck.  

But they’re meaningless in August when the pickings are slim.   Again, Tabor could be cut tomorrow or by the cutdown date.   You don’t like him.  Fine.  But I think you’re making something out of nothing. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You realize you’re including corners and safeties who play man to man which requires more speed with players who play zone which require less speed.   The Colts play mostly zone.   

And the times you’re posting are great if the Colts are drafting a player in April or signing a free agent in March when you’re trying to get the most bang for your buck.  

But they’re meaningless in August when the pickings are slim.   Again, Tabor could be cut tomorrow or by the cutdown date.   You don’t like him.  Fine.  But I think you’re making something out of nothing. 

Isn’t that the theme here? Mountains out of mole hills?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just stated why I dont think his signing has any impact and pointing out the lack of speed and past success. He is slow as I said and not for a Corner for a Safety as well, and posted stats that verified what i said. No mountain, no mole hill just stats and numbers to back up  what i posted what I did. Some here will make claims and state opinions with nothing to back it up. You have seen enough of most posts to know I always provided stats if any doubt. Nothing to be mad about on either side. 

19 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I just stated why I dont think his signing has any impact and pointing out the lack of speed and past success. He is slow as I said and not for a Corner for a Safety as well, and posted stats that verified what i said. No mountain, no mole hill just stats and numbers to back up  what i posted what I did. Some here will make claims and state opinions with nothing to back it up. You have seen enough of most posts to know I always provided stats if any doubt. Nothing to be mad about on either side. 

You also ignored arguments that I made — twice.   Like the difference between signing a guy in August vs signing or drafting a guy in March/April.   You acted as if those arguments weren’t even made.   You know, making something out of nothing.    Like when I twice said he could be cut tomorrow or in September.   In other words why are we wasting time over a player who is likely a short timer on the Colts roster?   

Maybe nothing to be mad about but plenty to be annoyed with.   

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Cornerbacks - 4.48

Running backs - 4.49

Free Safety - 4.53

Strong Safety - 4.55

Tight End - 4.75

Inside Linebacker - 4.76

Fullback - 4.80

Defensive End - 4.80

Quarterback - 4.81

Edge - 4.81

Defensive Tackle - 5.06

Center - 5.21

Guard - 5.27

Offensive Tackle - 5.32

Offensive Guard - 5.37

7/100 - 9/100 of a second is "well below" the average?  Okay, if you say so.

12 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Cornerbacks - 4.48

Running backs - 4.49

Free Safety - 4.53

Strong Safety - 4.55

Tight End - 4.75

Inside Linebacker - 4.76

Fullback - 4.80

Defensive End - 4.80

Quarterback - 4.81

Edge - 4.81

Defensive Tackle - 5.06

Center - 5.21

Guard - 5.27

Offensive Tackle - 5.32

Offensive Guard - 5.37

They ran a 4.62 and a 4.63……both are slow by your definition so they both must suck and are just camp bodies!??!

You know……since you only report the facts and data to back it……Harrison is actually slower than Tabor.

Hating on one while implying praise for the other based on one singular data pull (speed) is dumb when there is far more context that could be used - for example, you can’t quantify instincts. Harrison played safety at Bama at a high level while Tabor played Corner at Florida at a decent level - but instinctually one plays safety better in the NFL currently. Has nothing to do with speed…..instinct, technique, angles and coaching. 

Denbow is faster than both of them but looks like a deer in the headlights on defense. Special teams no doubt he’s good but on base defense he’s lost, why is that? He’s faster…..

If we go into this year with Thomas and Blackmon as our starters with Harrison and Cross as our depth behind them then I’m good with that and think we’re solid. If they keep Tabor over Denbow as a 5th guy I’m okay with that too…..

I think it comes down to how many corners they keep and special teams value.

Moore

Brents

Rush

Baker over Tony Brown

Flowers

Jones

Those are our 6 corners I would think.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

They ran a 4.62 and a 4.63……both are slow by your definition so they both must suck and are just camp bodies!??!

You know……since you only report the facts and data to back it……Harrison is actually slower than Tabor.

Hating on one while implying praise for the other based on one singular data pull (speed) is dumb when there is far more context that could be used - for example, you can’t quantify instincts. Harrison played safety at Bama at a high level while Tabor played Corner at Florida at a decent level - but instinctually one plays safety better in the NFL currently. Has nothing to do with speed…..instinct, technique, angles and coaching. 

Denbow is faster than both of them but looks like a deer in the headlights on defense. Special teams no doubt he’s good but on base defense he’s lost, why is that? He’s faster…..

But as i stated above  SOME people can overcome that with instincts and other skills he just has not done that......while....yep Harrison has. Fact is Tabor's knock was lack of speed AND he has not performed to date.   I also addressed the timing of the signing by pointing out Harrison was signed on the same date but has started and performed in this league. Anyone can be annoyed if they please but facts are facts and until new facts happen in the future, it is what it is.

I made my post. Debate was started off what I posted but with inaccurate facts about Tez not being slow for a Safety only Corner,once I proved multiple times this wasn't the case only then did it become an issue. He IS slow for a safety be it march,sept,December...slow....

28 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

But as i stated above  SOME people can overcome that with instincts and other skills he just has not done that......while....yep Harrison has. Fact is Tabor's knock was lack of speed AND he has not performed to date.   I also addressed the timing of the signing by pointing out Harrison was signed on the same date but has started and performed in this league. Anyone can be annoyed if they please but facts are facts and until new facts happen in the future, it is what it is.

I made my post. Debate was started off what I posted but with inaccurate facts about Tez not being slow for a Safety only Corner,once I proved multiple times this wasn't the case only then did it become an issue. He IS slow for a safety be it march,sept,December...slow....

I don’t disagree with his speed and that we have linebackers and lineman that run faster in a straight line……but recorded speed and playing speed are much different. Is he a better depth option than Denbow or Dabo - I tend to think so, but that is my opinion, not fact.

Far too often people introduce their opinions as facts and/or that is how they are perceived…..and perception is reality unfortunately!

Thank you for clarifying your stance! 😊

• Like 1

Ballard said you can count on the OL being good this year according to Bring The Juice podcast guy while he was at camp.

This is why I posted pretty much for those that are worried. I'm taking it that Ballard has a method to what we think appears to be madness. He is confident about how they have and are addressing last year's problems.

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I don’t disagree with his speed and that we have linebackers and lineman that run faster in a straight line……but recorded speed and playing speed are much different. Is he a better depth option than Denbow or Dabo - I tend to think so, but that is my opinion, not fact.

Far too often people introduce their opinions as facts and/or that is how they are perceived…..and perception is reality unfortunately!

Thank you for clarifying your stance! 😊

Dabo we can keep stashed 1 more year as part of International Players agreement. Denbow very good as special teams but I also dont think highly of him in base D.

We likely keep 4 Safeties-Thomas,Cross,Blackmon and Ronnie.

Denbow -P.S. Henry Black-P.S ?

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If we go into this year with Thomas and Blackmon as our starters with Harrison and Cross as our depth behind them then I’m good with that and think we’re solid. If they keep Tabor over Denbow as a 5th guy I’m okay with that too…..

I think it comes down to how many corners they keep and special teams value.

Moore

Brents

Rush

Baker over Tony Brown

Flowers

Jones

Those are our 6 corners I would think.

It still seems as if Cross is getting everything figured out. Hadn't seen that moment yet to make me feel like he's got it. I still think he's more of a SS than a FS but so far I haven't seen him standout at anything. I trust he will at some point I guess.

15 hours ago, krunk said:

Ballard said you can count on the OL being good this year according to Bring The Juice podcast guy while he was at camp.

This is why I posted pretty much for those that are worried. I'm taking it that Ballard has a method to what we think appears to be madness. He is confident about how they have and are addressing last year's problems.

I think this is largely due to ARs ability to use his legs lol. He isn’t a statue like some other QBs we had back there.

• 4 months later...

Harrison has really stepped up every time asked, from building body up by adding 20lbs  to be a LB and getting 2 picks (1 for a td) to then shifting back to Safety on days notice in a must win and playing solid ball. He is one of our unsung heroes. I expect another big game Saturday. One of best off season signings we had.

• Like 4