Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How are other rookie qb doing??

Trace Pyott

Young and Stroud have been named starters for their approaching preseason games and so far “look” good. 

Levis is currently listed as QB3 for the Titans depth chart. Baldinger recently stated he doesn’t foresee Tannehill being challenged this season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been checking other camps this year, and they’re saying all positive things about Young.  Stroud has had his ups and downs, it would seem.  Apparently, Mills hasn’t exactly torn up their camp , though.  Most fans in Houston seem to think Stroud is winning that battle, but the Texans say it’s an open competition…

• Like 1

With the released depth charts the interesting thing is that reports from Titans camp seem to be that Levis is actually outplaying Willis and Tannehill hasn't been doing great... and this doesn't seem to reflect the depth chart but... oh well... 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

With the released depth charts the interesting thing is that reports from Titans camp seem to be that Levis is actually outplaying Willis and Tannehill hasn't been doing great... and this doesn't seem to reflect the depth chart but... oh well... 

Since preseason hasn't started yet, its probably just a reflection of seniority at this point.  Could you imagine how much more inflated Levis' ego would be if he were listed as QB #1 ahead of the vet before a real snap has taken place.  LOL.

• Like 1

Bennett seems to be performing the best of them. Genuinely seems to be crushing the process.

Stroud has had ups and downs FWIW. Young is doing well but he's also been having rookie moments.

Levis has had a few down days but apparently when he's been good, he's been elite, whatever that means in TC.

We'll see...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Well, I never really wanted Bennett.  I think others advocated that we draft him late. 

I just never understood the disparity in his predraft rankings relative to Young from the media types.  Good to see that he seems to be doing well.  Not really surprising since his physical skills and attributes are evident.

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, I never really wanted Bennett.  I think others advocated that we draft him late. 

I just never understood the disparity in his predraft rankings relative to Young from the media types.  Good to see that he seems to be doing well.  Not really surprising since his physical skills and attributes are evident.

He's in a very good place too. Learning from a Super Bowl champion who just so happens to be another Georgia Bulldog. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He's in a very good place too. Learning from a Super Bowl champion who just so happens to be another Georgia Bulldog. 

Bennett has been great.  He's a very cerebral QB and mobile which is necessary in today's NFL.

As a Bulldog fan, I'm very proud of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Bennett has been great.  He's a very cerebral QB and mobile which is necessary in today's NFL.

As a Bulldog fan, I'm very proud of him.

I'm guessing he has a Danny Weurffel type of career.  Not the strongest arm, but his football smarts can make up for it somewhat.

And as a Buckeye, I'm still gripping over that missed FG!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I'm guessing he has a Danny Weurffel type of career.  Not the strongest arm, but his football smarts can make up for it somewhat.

And as a Buckeye, I'm still gripping over that missed FG!

Danny Weurffel cracks me up. My Cornhuskers beat his team 60-20 in the 1995 Championship Game, the Husker defense made him look like a Waffle chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Danny Weurffel cracks me up. My Cornhuskers beat his team 60-20 in the 1995 Championship Game, the Husker defense made him look like a Waffle chuckling homer simpson GIF

Matt Rhule is going to be interesting leading Nebraska this year. Who knows? Maybe Nebraska can bring back some of that magic from their 90's glory days. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Bennett seems to be performing the best of them. Genuinely seems to be crushing the process.

Stroud has had ups and downs FWIW. Young is doing well but he's also been having rookie moments.

Levis has had a few down days but apparently when he's been good, he's been elite, whatever that means in TC.

We'll see...

Levis threw five tds in one practice 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I don't take these reports seriously, even performance in preseason games.

Every player's worth would be shown in regular season games, and until then all these reports are just someone's perspective with whatever bias they have and are fodder to keep fans interested in off-season

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't take these reports seriously, even performance in preseason games.

Every player's worth would be shown in regular season games, and until then all these reports are just someone's perspective with whatever bias they have and are fodder to keep fans interested in off-season

I'm just sharing the information that's being thrown out there based off of the topic of this thread. 

Practice is practice - and - live game action is what counts - regardless of where you are drafted.

We'll start to see what "shakes out" across the league once the preseason games begin.

We are still a few weeks from the start of the regular season - and - as such - a lot of things can change - and - in a hurry.

For the record: I'm not saying any of these QBs are going to be successful based on how they're doing in practice. I was simply responding to the question the OP had. That was the whole point of this thread...

There's a better chance that all of the drafted QBs this year struggle and fail than experience instant success. 

Calm Down Taylor Swift GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Levis threw five tds in one practice 

I saw some of the videos the Titans put out. He couldn't miss. Those were Rodgers-esque in deep accuracy. He's also in a dogfight with Malik Willis who's not been great so that tells you were Levis is. QBing at the NFL level isnt easy. Manning and Luck really made things look more straight forward than they are for 99% of rookie QBs

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I live in Nashville and hear things on the Titans all the time. Word is Levis looks solid but that has mostly been with the 2’s and 3’s. I’m still not a believer in him as he reminds me so much of Wentz. 

I have family that lives in White House TN and they are not impressed with Levis at all.  Of course they aren't too crazy about Tannehill either. Lol. 

20 hours ago, RollerColt said:

For the record: I'm not saying any of these QBs are going to be successful based on how they're doing in practice. I was simply responding to the question the OP had. That was the whole point of this thread...

There's a better chance that all of the drafted QBs this year struggle and fail than experience instant success. 

Calm Down Taylor Swift GIF by MOODMAN

Of course.  It's rare for rookie QBs -- even ones who eventually turn out great -- to have home-run seasons.  Anybody expecting any rookie to go in and play like Allen or Burrow (or whomever) is setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Like 1

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Of course.  It's rare for rookie QBs -- even ones who eventually turn out great -- to have home-run seasons.  Anybody expecting any rookie to go in and play like Allen or Burrow (or whomever) is setting themselves up for disappointment.

And I don't think anyone is truly believing that in this forum. We're just casually talking about stuff until we get more concrete games. Time will show us the truth soon. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

And I don't think anyone is truly believing that in this forum. We're just casually talking about stuff until we get more concrete games. Time will show us the truth soon. 

I agree, I don't get the impression anybody expects that -- even if they might hope AR bucks the trend.

I'm trying to downplay early, non-competition impressions of anybody.  We're so used to instant gratification these days that we tend to get impatient and forget that some things take time.  One of those is a player assimilating into the NFL.