Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign WR Amari Rodgers

w87r

It's just WR churning, not that big a deal.

Everything isn't all about the top 53. Have PS spots that will need filled. 

Nothing wrong or confusing about dropping Johnny King on a flier on 3rd round WR from 2 years ago.

Saw enough of King, now want to get their eyes on another guy.

Just now, CR91 said:

So are Downs, McKenzie, and Flowers

We don't want Downs retuning.

Flower is potentially starting at CB, don't want him back there risking getting hurt.

Overblown reactions to an end of roster WR roster swap.

Colts did sign additional OL yesterday, since you were talking about OL depth as well.

51 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

They just signed an OT with decent experience.

He had 5 starts..

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Do you want any of those guys playing a ton of special teams?

How many snaps do you think Downs and McKenzie are getting? 

3 minutes ago, AKB said:

i honestly dont want McKenzie stealing snaps from downs

That will work its self out in Camp and preseason.   I'm excited to see Downs play

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

He had 5 starts..

How many snaps do you think Downs and McKenzie are getting? 

I hope Downs gets a bunch

1 hour ago, w87r said:

We don't want Downs retuning.

Flower is potentially starting at CB, don't want him back there risking getting hurt.

Overblown reactions to an end of roster WR roster swap.

Colts did sign additional OL yesterday, since you were talking about OL depth as well.

Downs is a rookie. You think he's just gonna be handed meaningful snaps right out of the gates? Also Skipper has 5 starts last year. Not exactly a vet.

Just now, CR91 said:

Downs is a rookie. You think he's just gonna be handed meaningful snaps right out of the gates? Also Skipper has 5 starts last year. Not exactly a vet.

Well keep complaining, it's doing you a lot of good.

I didn't say he was a vet, he does have experience though, and all you asked was for some OL depth signing when complaining about end of the roster WR churn.

And even if Downs isn't "handed meaningful snaps out the gates", I'm not really trying to risk injury on a return. We can get a guy for that and if it came down to Downs or McKenzie returning kicks, I would much rather it be McKenzie.

Bottom line, you over reacted to a back end of roster churn.

Doubled down, simply cause someone mentioned he can be a returner.

There was nothing bad about this move no matter how many ways you want to spin it.

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

I didn't say he was a vet, he does have experience though, and all you asked was for some OL depth signing when complaining about end of the roster WR churn.

And even if Downs isn't "handed meaningful snaps out the gates", I'm not really trying to risk injury on a return. We can get a guy for that and if it came down to Downs or McKenzie returning kicks, I would much rather it be McKenzie.

There was nothing bad about this move no matter how many ways you want to spin it.

I found a mic and it may be yours bc I’m pretty sure you just dropped it. 

16 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I found a mic and it may be yours bc I’m pretty sure you just dropped it. 

Thanks, it's not really about that though.

Just didn't see the reasoning for the continual attempt to undermine an end of the roster WR swap. It's not that big of a deal. Just seeing more guys, it can't hurt anything.

44 minutes ago, w87r said:

You risk injury walking. There are better moves to make besides positions that don't need attention right now and I was just answering a poster about him being a returner. Why waste a spot when the three guys I mentioned can do it already? This isnt about a end of the roster move. This is about adding to already crowded rooms a la TE

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You risk injury walking. There are better moves to make besides positions that don't need attention right now and I was just answering a poster about him being a returner. Why waste a spot when the three guys I mentioned can do it already? This isnt about a end of the roster move. This is about adding to already crowded rooms a la TE

Face it. Whine is what you were doing.  Over something not worth whining about.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't get it. There's one maybe two spots open at WR at best. We need oline depth

We’re roughly 6 weeks before the Colts play games that count.   The Colts have plenty of time to acquire a depth OL or two by early September. 

Odds are, it will happen around cut down date.  

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We’re roughly 6 weeks before the Colts play games that count.   The Colts have plenty of time to acquire a depth OL or two by early September. 

Odds are, it will happen around cut down date.  

I'm sure they will. Just don't get why they keep adding to crowded rooms.

10 hours ago, w87r said:

Thanks, it's not really about that though.

Just didn't see the reasoning for the continual attempt to undermine an end of the roster WR swap. It's not that big of a deal. Just seeing more guys, it can't hurt anything.

Yeah I know, was just being funny. I saw it as you did. Cut a guy they already have seen enough to not make the roster and get someone else in that could have a chance. Armani probably wont make it either but it’s worth taking a look. Maybe he makes the practice squad and gets called up for a game or two bc of injuries. 

• w87r changed the title to Colts sign WR Amari Rodgers
52 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Jeeeeezush people on this forum probably %$#@& if their ice cream is too cold based off of this thread alone........whiners

No kidding!

we go through this every single year, year after year. The bottom of the roster is churned over and over throughout july to October and sometimes beyond. Heck, it’s had surprises too, that’s how we got Mitchell, Isaiah Rodgers and a few others that went on to be more than serviceable. All of which, most of the very same complaining today about not targeting a different position or person, are the same ones that did it back then. Guess some people just want to look deeper and play armchair GM and refuse to ever understand this

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No kidding!

we go through this every single year, year after year. The bottom of the roster is churned over and over throughout july to October and sometimes beyond. Heck, it’s had surprises too, that’s how we got Mitchell, Isaiah Rodgers and a few others that went on to be more than serviceable. All of which, most of the very same complaining today about not targeting a different position or person, are the same ones that did it back then. Guess some people just want to look deeper and play armchair GM and refuse to ever understand this

Rodgers was drafted by the Colts.

That is how we got Kenny though.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Funny thing about that, I just realized this morning that I had both his names spelled wrong in the title. 

I had no idea who he was just playing with the Armani name, obviously.  My post wont' make sense now that you corrected the title!  lol.  Although, that probably keeps my nonsensical posts quota intact for the month.  

14 hours ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I was originally leaning towards Flowers being our return man. But with Isaiah Rodgers long gone, Stephon Gilmore traded, and Brents yet to show up for meaningful reps at TC and same with Darrius Rush, I can see why Minshew was picking our secondary apart in TC. Not sure if they risk injury to Flowers with a thin secondary. So I am with you, McKenzie will be returning kicks. But didn't he fumble against us in our 41-15 win vs Bills at Buffalo?

I am worried for our secondary this year, it is going to be brutal with large deficits early on, IMO. I would choose the Colts QB as a bargain in fantasy because they will get a lot of garbage production. :) 

Archived