Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eh then how’s the accuracy comments come into play here? They took the least accurate of all QBs

Accuracy in today's NFL is more fixable than lack of size or lack of athleticism or lack of pocket presence. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well it seems like no one hurt themselves more in the predraft process than Carter as he went from a possible number one overall pick (when the Bears had the pick) to maybe slipping out of the top 10

Haha I’m not so sure about that

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Accuracy in today's NFL is more fixable than lack of size or lack of athleticism or lack of pocket presence. 

Plus he’s apparently been working with some really good QB coach recently.

But yeah, glad to have that pocket awareness/escabaility.

• Like 2

Even if Richardson is a complete and total bust the likes of which we’ve never seen before or we’ll ever see again what’s the worst thing that happens? We find ourselves in position to draft Arch Manning in a couple years?

Please, no, not that! Anything but that! 

gene wilder help GIF

This is all chips in. It was the only move for all involved. I love it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm pumped. In a conference with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson, Lawrence, etc, you have to take the big swing at this type of upside.

If he busts, then you just have to take another swing, but this was a risk worth taking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Damn right! Don't force it.... but IF he's ready to run a functioning offense without developing bad habits... let him play! He needs to play and gain experience much more than he needs to watch others play. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

I hope Will Levis has some bananas in the green room.  If Tenn doesn't take him he is gonna sit a while 

His bananas might get brown spots by the time he gets drafted... I hear brown spots peels are healthy for you... 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Even if Richardson is a complete and total bust the likes of which we’ve never seen before or we’ll ever see again what’s the worst thing that happens? We find ourselves in position to draft Arch Manning in a couple years?

Please, no, not that! Anything but that! 

gene wilder help GIF

This is all chips in. It was the only move for all involved. I love it. 

Arch can’t even start at QB… in college. Did it go to his head

Overall, good pick…I agree with swinging big there especially at QB.

Steichen has shown he can develop young qbs.

I am certain this was ultimately his call. 

If he can develop consistently playing/winning in the pocket (and he has every tool to do so) he can be really, really good.

Just now, SR711 said:

If he can develop consistently playing/winning in the pocket (and he has every tool to do so) he can be really, really good.

I'm sure it was a collaboration 

Just now, SR711 said:

I’m good with it even though I think he’s very inexperienced and raw.

simply cause we didn’t trade up to do it

Just now, SR711 said:

It took them 20 seconds to make the pick. They've been on him for a year.

• Like 2