Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what if we drafted Vontaze burfict and jenkins (what the defense would look like)

Why do people think Burfict is any good? He had problems in college, he couldn't hold his starting job, his weight shot up, his production shot down, he had the slowest the slowest time of any front 7 player below 300lbs at the combine. And when asked about his drop in production he blamed the ASU coaches. When asked about his poor combine, he claimed he was just too nervous. That is not the type of guy you want on your team.

Why do people think Burfict is any good? He had problems in college, he couldn't hold his starting job, his weight shot up, his production shot down, he had the slowest the slowest time of any front 7 player below 300lbs at the combine. And when asked about his drop in production he blamed the ASU coaches. When asked about his poor combine, he claimed he was just too nervous. That is not the type of guy you want on your team.

He isn't any good. I would rather have an undrafted long snapper than him.

On the field we would be very very good. We would use our 1st round pick on Luck, 2nd on Jenkins, and a 7th on Burfict giving us 7 other picks to address other needs like WR, TE, etc. High risk but worst case scenario is that we cut them. Who knows? Maybe some of the big important veterans like Freeney, Mathis, and Bethea can set them straight

We would start to resemble the Bengals. Burfict is too slow and Janoris is too high. We have a young developing team, we do not need them.

I agree.. JJ is worth a 3rd or lower, but not top 2. Those positions have got to hit for Indy and be starters. JJ is too risky.

Burfict... he is not a good "football player" Just a thug on the field intimidating little boys. No children in the NFL. He will not make it. He's just not very good.player. And that is before the "off the field issues" come into consideration.

Actually the "On field antics" are what makes him a Ding Dong. He's just not a smart guy.

My dream top 4 picks...

Luck

Fleener or Reyes

Kendricks ...

Toon

Vontaze Burfict isnt any good but somehow Mel Kiper has him the 3rd best ilb behind kuechly and hightower. I'll take Mel Kiper's word over the average person who didnt watch his tape..But he is just killing hisself with these off the field stuff. Still a 1st round talent you can get for a bargain now

If you still want Burfict, I'd be willing to bet you probably still proudly sport a BUSH/Cheney sticker on the back of your truck.

He came to the combine unprepared, fat and ran a slow 40.

He came to his pro day....still fat and sloppy on his mechanics

Came on his 2nd pro day....STILLL fat and ran an equally slow 40.

Scouts actually said they Feel bad for him.

AND he failed a drug test days before the draft.

There isn't too much to be said guys. He is undraftable. Trouble makers are Trouble makers. He may not have been arrested, but you can look at his character and see he's not gonna have a fun time in the No Fun League.

If you still want Burfict, I'd be willing to bet you probably still proudly sport a BUSH/Cheney sticker on the back of your truck.

There isn't too much to be said guys. He is undraftable. Trouble makers are Trouble makers. He may not have been arrested, but you can look at his character and see he's not gonna have a fun time in the No Fun League.

Yea he is a unpredictable player but I didn't know 245lbs for a linebacker was fat and runs a 4.8.Somebody is going get a bargain whoever takes a chance with him if he gets into the right locker room

Yea he is a unpredictable player but I didn't know 245lbs for a linebacker was fat and runs a 4.8.Somebody is going get a bargain whoever takes a chance with him if he gets into the right locker room

Actually, Burficit is VERY predictable. He's been a consistent >>>-up for a while now. At best he is a late boomer...at best.

For us to grab these two guys in the same draft would be a complete 180 degree turn from our past way of doing things.

I highly doubt we will do that. Grigson even said that he doesn't want guys that he has to keep an eye on off the field.

When Pagano and Grigson are trying to build a culture of excellence like we had in the past, it doesn't start with taking a chance on TWO knuckleheads. One, maybe, two? no way.

For us to grab these two guys in the same draft would be a complete 180 degree turn from our past way of doing things.

I highly doubt we will do that. Grigson even said that he doesn't want guys that he has to keep an eye on off the field.

When Pagano and Grigson are trying to build a culture of excellence like we had in the past, it doesn't start with taking a chance on TWO knuckleheads. One, maybe, two? no way.

This is one of the best answers on the subject yet. A culture of excellence starts with integrity and neither Jenkins or Burfict have demonstrated they have it.

Vontaze Burfict isnt any good but somehow Mel Kiper has him the 3rd best ilb behind kuechly and hightower. I'll take Mel Kiper's word over the average person who didnt watch his tape..But he is just killing hisself with these off the field stuff. Still a 1st round talent you can get for a bargain now

I watch Pac-10 Football all the time. I live in Southern Cal. If a player runs between the tackles and if Burfict reacts in time he will get the tackle; and he does pack a wallop when he hits. But often he is out of position, slow to react to the play, out of control and cannot be relied upon.

Very well said.

It is for a LB who is 6'1" with a normal playing weight closer to 230lbs. Also he did not run a 4.8 (at least not at the combine) he ran a 5.07.

In addition to that you have someone who has failed a drug test before he even was drafted, has a sever attitude problem, blames the coaches when he doesn't play well and blames nerves when he doesn't perform well. IN his own words he was near to having a nervous breakdown at the combine, if his nerves cannot handle the combine how are they going to handle playing on Sunday?