Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post free agengency power rankings

Stephen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Colts are listed as 32 in post free agency power rankings.

FWIW….   

For the record, I couldn’t find a ranking on ESPN or PFF and NFL.com had the Colts at 31. 

But more important in March?   Who cares?

The Colts were famously ranked 32 prior to the 2012 season.   And not much higher prior to the 2018 season.   Now, that’s not going to happen in 2023.   All I’m saying is that the Colts are highly likely to be a sub-500 team, so in the grand scheme of things — who cares? 

I mean,  if the Colts were to ever finish with the 1st or 2nd overall draft pick again,  isn’t next year the year to do it?   Just saying…. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

FWIW….   

For the record, I couldn’t find a ranking on ESPN or PFF and NGL.com had the Colts at 31. 

But more important in March?   Who cares?

The Colts were famously ranked 32 prior to the 2012 season.   And not much higher prior to the 2018 season.   Now, that’s not going to happen in 2023.   All I’m saying is that the Colts are highly likely to be a sub-500 team, so in the grand scheme of things — who cares.

I mean if the Colts were to ever finish with the 1st or 2nd overall draft pick again,  isn’t next year the year to do it?   Just saying…. 

Zak keefer posted it

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Do you agree with the ranking?

Since you asked, no, I do not agree with the ranking.  

Because if it were true, we’d be saying that the fans think the Colts will have the worst record in the NFL in 2023 and end up with the worst record in football.    

I don’t see that happening.  

I don't believe the Colts are the worst team in football... Silver lining if this is true is we get a elite QB with the 1st pick next draft ....or a historic boatload of picks if we are lucky enough to hit the lottery on whoever we choose this draft.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Like I ask. What does the ranking mean? And what does it have to do with anything?

It means the dude that makes along with most other football people think the Colts roster sucks.  Surprised you didn’t realize that.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

It means the dude that makes along with most other football people think the Colts roster sucks.  Surprised you didn’t realize that.

It's such a relief that you think the roster sucks. I was afraid you wouldn't think that. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's such a relief that you think the roster sucks. I was afraid you wouldn't think that. 

It's such a relief we have people here keeping people off our community lawns.

I guess you like the roster?

8 hours ago, esmort said:

I don't believe the Colts are the worst team in football... Silver lining if this is true is we get a elite QB with the 1st pick next draft ....or a historic boatload of picks if we are lucky enough to hit the lottery on whoever we choose this draft.

With the right QB, we could win 9 or 10 games in 2023 with a healthy Line, healthy Taylor, and healthy Leonard. We have enough talent and it seems a good new head coach to get back on track. 

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Believe what you want but save your insults for someone who actually cares.

It wasn't an insult.  I answered your question.  The point is that the Colts suck, and everybody knows it.  The fact that you question it seems to point to you not getting it or you not willing to admit it.

That's objectivity, not an insult.

By record we were the 4th worst team last season. Do we deserve to be higher than that since no football has been played and the biggest improvement we've had is... at kicker? 

You can argue we are worse at QB(right now, maybe not after the draft), WR and CB than last year. I think we are better at DE, but some people would disagree even with that one. 

The Bears have improved a ton, the Texans have improved and are in position to improve at QB... 32 is not totally crazy, :dunno:

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts don't suck, we had a bad year. It happens. 

A terrible year last year is because they sucked, including not being able to beat team 31 (HOU) even once last year.  Where else should they be ranked?  

And subjectively, since the end of the season, how much have we gotten better?

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

A terrible year last year is because they sucked, including not being able to beat team 31 (HOU) even once last year.  Where else should they be ranked?  

I like being at #32 but I think last year was a fluke to why we were bad. The ranking is fine. We had tons of injury and Matt Ryan simply wasn't the answer nor was our coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It wasn't an insult.  I answered your question.  The point is that the Colts suck, and everybody knows it.  The fact that you question it seems to point to you not getting it or you not willing to admit it.

That's objectivity, not an insult.

I took it objectively as an insult being you specifically insulted me. Own it. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I took it objectively as an insult being you specifically insulted me. Own it. 

LOL.  Sometimes people get offended when they hear objective truth.  Then they call the messenger of the objective truth as a hater for having the nerve to tell the truth.   

You're just on the wrong side of the truth, that's all.   Not an insult, just the fact.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like being at #32 but I think last year was a fluke to why we were bad. The ranking is fine. We had tons of injury and Matt Ryan simply wasn't the answer nor was our coaching staff.

I see that.  But right now, there is nothing to show that things are better, which is why the ranking seems appropriate...right now.

You can argue that the Bears have gotten better, plus they have their starting QB on the roster.  So the team who earned the worst record last year should be subjectively ranked ahead of Colts right now, IMO.

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL.  Sometimes people get offended when they hear objective truth.  Then they call the messenger of the objective truth as a hater for having the nerve to tell the truth.   

You're just on the wrong side of the truth, that's all.   Not an insult, just the fact.

You are confused now. 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are confused now. 

No.  Its like at a party.  Somebody says the truth, then others say..."you're an * for bringing it up".  But, raising that truth isn't an insult, especially if the guy hearing the truth doesn't even understand the point. 

I brought up the fact that you are the only one on the planet that won't admit the Colts suck, and always come to the defense of the Colts when the objectivity of the situation says otherwise.  Its what you do.  That's the truth, not an insult.

If you still don't understand the concept after reading it three different ways, have a nice day.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No.  Its like at a party.  Somebody says the truth, then others say..."you're an * for bringing it up".  But, raising that truth isn't an insult, especially if the guy hearing the truth doesn't even understand the point. 

I brought up the fact that you are the only one on the planet that won't admit the Colts suck, and always come to the defense of the Colts when the objectivity of the situation says otherwise.  Its what you do.  That's the truth, not an insult.

If you still don't understand the concept after reading it three different ways, have a nice day.

No, you missed the point. You stated I was offended.  I have to value your opinion to be offended.  Not happening today, sorry.  

Archived