Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post free agengency power rankings

Stephen

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not much point, other than it speaks to how many holes there are now. 

The ranking is not important, but its out there, and its not wrong as a point-in-time look, IMO

So you say the ranking is not important but yet you are pushing your narrative the Colts are the worst term in the league.  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

No, that's not what I think.  I've never been a proponent of big free agency moves.  But it also doesn't mean I'm not honest that when a team loses its starters to FA, it has taken a step backwards until better thing happen.  Other teams add pieces and ascend during FA., and yes, sometimes that doesn't work out for them

What I know is that the players we have on the roster now did not beat out the players we had last year....Gilmore and Okereke....and there was nothing about the "coaching" that was wonky about the defense last season.  

So we have not improved on O (unless you say Minshew is better than Ryan behind the same oline?... Mackenzie for PC?)...and the defense has taken a step back talent wise just by the idea that the players who would start now were backups last season.

Not to mention, I don't even think we have enough Corners to field a defense right now.

I am gonna wait until I see what they do to analyze the roster.

I dont think it is that bad and has a lot of upside. Yeah, there are some holes as well and they probably wont be able to fill all of them with players that make everyone feel comfortable. 

That is part of what makes the season exciting every year for me. I look forward to seeing guys I am not familiar with and what they can do.

Its all about QB. If they can plug that hole, we will be headed in the right direction.

No, that's not what I think.  I've never been a proponent of big free agency moves.  But it also doesn't mean I'm not honest that when a team loses its starters to FA, it has taken a step backwards until better thing happen.  Other teams add pieces and ascend during FA., and yes, sometimes that doesn't work out for them

What I know is that the players we have on the roster now did not beat out the players we had last year....Gilmore and Okereke....and there was nothing about the "coaching" that was wonky about the defense last season.  

So we have not improved on O (unless you say Minshew is better than Ryan behind the same oline?... Mackenzie for PC?)...and the defense has taken a step back talent wise just by the idea that the players who would start now were backups last season.

Not to mention, I don't even think we have enough Corners to field a defense right now.

I dont think it is that bad and has a lot of upside. Yeah, there are some holes as well and they probably wont be able to fill all of them with players that make everyone feel comfortable. 

That is part of what makes the season exciting every year for me. I look forward to seeing guys I am not familiar with and what they can do.

Its all about QB. If they can plug that hole, we will be headed in the right direction.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

And why i have a weighty IGNORE bucket.

Why suffer the foolish?

We sucked often, better coaching and a solid QB and we likely would have won 7-8 games.

Probably would have won the division.