Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

Just now, krunk said:

Only if Ballard is fine with it. If he wants him he will move up that one notch. Will depend on how they view Richardson and Levis.

On draft night, you only have 10 minutes to make a trade. A lot of teams are calling & it’s a higher risk imo. 

Now granted,  if Arizona is asking for a 1st round pick or something crazy to move up one spot right now… i can see why Ballard would say no.
Stroud is worth it tho. 

16 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Panthers getting Sanders from Eagles is great move. Good to see an organization wanting to succeed in unlike timid Ballard. But we did pay the highest ever for a kicker.

So you suggesting that Ballard doesn't want to be successful? 

Poppycock. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, El Potro said:

To be fair, David Tepper also seems to be pushing for major changes. Tepper is a real billionaire at an estimated net worth of around $18.5 billion. So that's something that should be stated as well imo. 

Tepper reminds me of the NY Mets owner, Steve Cohen. That is my baseball team. I don't like that the team spends so much to acquire high-priced free agents. Tepper is doing the same.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

On draft night, you only have 10 minutes to make a trade. A lot of teams are calling & it’s a higher risk imo. 

Now granted,  if Arizona is asking for a 1st round pick or something crazy to move up one spot right now… i can see why Ballard would say no.
Stroud is worth it tho. 

I highly doubt that Stroud gets past pick 2. All we are hearing is smokescreen talk right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Stroud is worth it tho. 

You can tell whats going on as soon as Carolina picks. More time than 10 min. Plenty of time to strategize before draft day. If he doesnt move up then i take it hes fine with whoever he gets. Or Arizona wanted too much

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt that Stroud gets past pick 2. All we are hearing is smokescreen talk right now. 

But what if richardson goes first and young second or richardson first and levis second. Until they comfirm who they are picking anything can happen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Stroud is worth it tho. 

Just a guess but a good GM will  know this is a possibility and have a trade agreed to before draft night in case this happened. 

Just now, Stephen said:

But what if richardson goes first and young second or richardson first and levis second. Until they comfirm who they are picking anything can happen

Yes anything can happen but I wouldn't put too much into what is put out there from the so called insiders. There is a lot of time between now and draft day. 

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

You can tell whats going on as soon as Carolina picks. More time than 10 min. Plenty of time to strategize before draft day. If he doesnt move up then i take it hes fine with whoever he gets. Or Arizona wanted too much

My guess is we very well might know who they are picking before draft night. Which means if they did not take stroud a GM will have time to call AZ to set up a trade in case Houston does not take him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am not worried about cap management. I am worried taking on a contract like that for a player who hasnt finished last two seasons.

Okay, but Richard was not replying to you. He was replying to someone else. You answered as if he was speaking to you. 

Anyway, I will move on from this. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, but Richard was not replying to you. He was replying to someone else. You answered as if he was speaking to you. 

Anyway, I will move on from this. 

That’s not what I was trying to do. But when someone says taking on that contract as a risk they that can mean a lot more then just cap management. That’s all I was trying to say.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You think someone is going to trade up for Levis to 3?

I'm sorry I didn't mean in draft order, I meant how they would go in order. I think Arizona stay at 3 and takes Anderson. I think if the Colts stay put they grab Levis. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think you hit on the key phrase of your post.    And that is this….

Plenty of time to strategize before draft day.   Bingo! 

There will be plenty of preliminary talks in the days before the draft about terms should an opportunity appear.    And then when you call on draft night, you can simply say, “if the Colts want to move up, are those still the terms?   Would you be willing to accept….?”    Happens every year.   

But a trade can happen in a phone call that takes less than 60 seconds.   Arizona?   “We’d like to come up to 3.   We’re offering pick 4, pick 79, and our 3rd round pick next year.  Interested?”   They can say yes, no, or counter.   The talks go FAST!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Could be reason why Texans didn’t put more effort into trading to one also.

If you want Bryce Young you can kind of risk it though.  A lot of teams will have a problem taking a 5ft 10 QB at #1

so the Texans can kind of hedge their bets that Bryce will be there if that's who they want. 

• Like 2

Just now, krunk said:

If you want Bryce Young you can kind of risk it though.  A lot of teams will have a problem taking a 5ft 10 QB at #1

so the Texans can kind of hedge their bets that Bryce will be there if that's who they want. 

Nothing will shock me on draft night. I don’t think it’s likely they pass on a QB but it would not be a surprise. If they really don’t want stroud they could take Levis or Richardson if panthers take young. I really think panthers will take stroud so all of this is unlikely but wouldn’t shock me. 

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting….   He’s getting less on a per year basis than everyone predicted.  $16m per. 

But…. 

He’s getting much more guaranteed, the most by any O-lineman in history.  $31m.   And it’s front loaded in his signing bonus. 

The guy KC got to replace him, Juwan Taylor, got 4/80,  $20m per.   But, he only got $20m guaranteed.   And Taylor is now on the left side, and I think most of his success has been in the right side. 

Almost makes me wonder if both KC and Brown might have some regrets….  Hmmm. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aaron86 said:

It's probably the most probable senerio. Unless Ballard goes off track and targets Lamar. Which is highly unlikely . 

There’s growing belief Indy is targeting Lamar. I personally don’t want him, but I’m not gonna not support him if it happens. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

It's probably the most probable senerio. Unless Ballard goes off track and targets Lamar. Which is highly unlikely . 

LaMar might target the Colts.  I read where he doesn’t have to sit and wait for a phone call.  He can make the call himself and is free to contact teams.  That was news to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

There’s growing belief Indy is targeting Lamar. I personally don’t want him, but I’m not gonna not support him if it happens. 

I will believe it when it happens. For me it is fun to think about the havoc He and JT would wreck on teams. If he can stay healthy then we would own the south again. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

LaMar might target the Colts.  I read where he doesn’t have to sit and wait for a phone call.  He can make the call himself and is free to contact teams.  That was news to me.

That's news to me too. If he does have a team he would wants to reach out to, then I wonder if he would be open to negotiating a more team friendly contract.

5 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

That's news to me too. If he does have a team he would wants to reach out to, then I wonder if he would be open to negotiating a more team friendly contract.

But couldn’t Baltimore just match that offer and thus force Lamar into a smaller contract? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t understand why you would think Baltimore could force him into a smaller contract.  It would have to be the exact offer that he signed.

No need to jump down my throat. Aaron was stating that perhaps Lamar would take a more team friendly deal with someone else, and I was saying wouldn’t Baltimore just match that offer? Meaning if Lamar tries to take a cheaper deal with another team then the Ravens will just match that deal. 

• Like 2