Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts request Tee Martin for OC

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, bertjones7 said:

He did not do well as OC at USC.  I’m a Miami Hurricanes fan and can say most fans did not even want Martin for the OC position at Miami. 

I would expect Steichen to go in a different direction. 

I don’t know much about him, just starting to do some digging.

I believe he spent 15 years coaching in college and the last 2 as the WR coach for the ravens. After his 1st season in the NFL, he interviewed for the Bills OC position last off season.

I mean, I think that’s somewhat intriguing. Seems like he is gaining attention fairly quickly, especially on a team that isn’t known for their passing game. Must being doing something to gain attention, no?

• Shive changed the title to Colts request Tee Martin for OC
1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

I don’t know much about him, just starting to do some digging.

I believe he spent 15 years coaching in college and the last 2 as the WR coach for the ravens. After his 1st season in the NFL, he interviewed for the Bills OC position last off season.

I mean, I think that’s somewhat intriguing. Seems like he is gaining attention fairly quickly, especially on a team that isn’t known for their passing game. Must being doing something to gain attention, no?

He was fired as OC at USC for having the 103rd ranked offense. That is terrible for any program let alone USC. 

1 hour ago, bertjones7 said:

He was fired as OC at USC for having the 103rd ranked offense. That is terrible for any program let alone USC. 

Yea, I don’t follow college football to closely, and not USC. But I follow enough to know they used to be a yearly contender and that they’ve fallen off.

But again, here he is, still coaching. Now in the NFL and still garnering interest as a potential OC.

I still think Jim Bob Cooter is the best candidate that’s been mentioned, just trying find out more on this guy. I didn’t know he existed until he wasn’t mentioned as a possible OC here.

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

QB at Tennessee after Peyton Manning.

They won the NC with him at QB (and a lot of strange luck) after Peyton graduated.  

Poor Peyton got destroyed by Florida every year.  I think Spurrier called it his Homecoming game, lol.

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am getting so old. I didn’t realize that was that long ago lol.

I had the same moment when I saw Christian McCaffery play at Stanford and thought "oh is that the little brother...oh, no..it's his son"

19 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I had the same moment when I saw Christian McCaffery play at Stanford and thought "oh is that the little brother...oh, no..it's his son"

That's okay, and I can beat it.  When I was a little kid we went to a Browns game where they honored Jim Brown, who was still playing.  They brought him out at half time to ride around the field in a convertible.  During a game he was playing in!!

He's 87 today.

Archived