Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor has surgery

csmopar

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I hope he fully recovers bc he is a great player. Saying that, I wouldn’t be mad if they traded him for a haul similar to what the 49ers gave for CMC. JT has a lot of miles on him and most likely only has a couple elite years left before injuries take a toll. 

few are ever the same after surgery

9 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

Did you even bother to read the article? It’s just a debridement. Basically a tiny incision made into the joint to remove debris. They found no structural damage or weakness. Basically, he vacuumed out debris. Highly doubt this type of surgery will alter his game

How many people here have been saying he should be traded. When healthy he is a dominant rb. Good thing they aren’t colts gm’s! Next year when healthy he will make the entire team look better because that’s what dominant players in any sport do.

1 hour ago, husker61 said:

How many people here have been saying he should be traded. When healthy he is a dominant rb. Good thing they aren’t colts gm’s! Next year when healthy he will make the entire team look better because that’s what dominant players in any sport do.

He is also going to look much better with any semblance of decent QB play, and an improved  OL. Suspect he will be in top form.

Anytime a RB has any type of ankle procedure it is worrying. Debris removal is basically a clean up and very non invasive. I had that procedure a couple of years back at UK hospital under Dr. Willis. Being 80 years old I figured my recovery time and rehab would be a nightmare. But even under a lesser doctor it was pretty cut and dry. Easy rehab. Keep in mind I'm sure Taylor is seeing better surgeons than I was and I'm not in peak physical health.

People are all gloom and doom here lately. We have a high pick and a new vision at HC. Taylor will be fine.

5 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

As some have said the procedure is a pretty simple one and even a knee (meniscus debridement) isn;t that bad.

I'm not a NFL running back but this past Dec 2nd, I suffered a ,Oblique minimally displaced distal fibular fracture., (fracture of the fibula at the ankle).  I was 1 week in a splint, 1 week in a walking boot, then a week in a brace. Its still a lil tender and I advised the cut back of my pain meds. 

Unless JT gets an infection or something I think he won't have to worry about much but doing his normal work with his body. 

Archived