Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raimann

RollerColt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

He’s had his ups and downs, but with 1 game left in the season his PFF is 72.3, which is the highest rated among all rookie lineman. Good for our rookie to learn and grow in a turbulent season. 

Hoping he hits the weights hard in the offseason. Promising improvement. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Good for him.  Expectations are high.

I hope Raimann's good ratings can be relied upon next year.  Unlike Pryor, who's good ratings last year turned out to be unsustainable.

Pryor's grades weren't horrible on LT. They were horrible at RG. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He’s had his ups and downs, but with 1 game left in the season his PFF is 72.3, which is the highest rated among all rookie lineman. Good for our rookie to learn and grow in a turbulent season. 

Wow!  Another great pick by Ballard. A starting LT from the 3rd rd.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Whatever the PFF grade,  By most measures, Pryor failed at LT despite showing positive signs last year.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wow!  Another great pick by Ballard. A starting LT from the 3rd rd.

Good Lord, my grandmother could have picked Raimann at 77 with Pryor being the only LT on the roster.

Ballard actually picked a not so great Woods one round before...in a deep TE class.  Raimann just happened to still be there. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good Lord, my grandmother could have picked Raimann at 77 with Pryor being the only LT on the roster.

Ballard actually picked a not so great Woods one round before...in a deep TE class.  Raimann just happened to still be there. 

It's really hard for you to give any credit when it does deserve it. 

Why is that?

Whatever the PFF grade,  By most measures, Pryor failed at LT despite showing positive signs last year.

Pryor played decent against great DEs when at LT. Our issue was really not Pryor at LT early. RG (and iOL in general) was the biggest issue, and other injuries. Pryor was moved to RG because RG/Pinter was super bad. And Pryor was super bad at RG too. And going with Raimann was a development move, and was a good gamble. Now we need him to take another step with S&C in year 2. 

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But only Ballard picked him, no?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

It's really hard for you to give any credit when it does deserve it. 

Why is that?

You rush to his defense over just about anything.  Why is that?

Raimann was regarded as a talented LT that projected to go higher than he did.  There was some surprise that he was still there at 77.

IOW, it doesn't take a genius for someone, even my grandmother, to pick a LT who ranked in the top 60 when he's still there at 77, when there is a big hole in your roster at LT.   

I guess Ballard should get credit for not being blind, if that's what you want.

You rush to his defense over just about anything.  Why is that?

Raimann was regarded as a talented LT that projected to go higher than he did.  There was some surprise that he was still there at 77.

IOW, it doesn't take a genius for someone, even my grandmother, to pick a LT who ranked in the top 60 when he's still there at 77, when there is a big hole in your roster at LT.   

I guess Ballard should get credit for not being blind, if that's what you want.

Just please stop. There is such a thing as chilling out. Being constantly negative is not good for your karma. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Pryor played decent against great DEs when at LT. Our issue was really not Pryor at LT early. RG (and iOL in general) was the biggest issue, and other injuries. Pryor was moved to RG because RG/Pinter was super bad. And Pryor was super bad at RG too. And going with Raimann was a development move, and was a good gamble. Now we need him to take another step with S&C in year 2. 

But only Ballard picked him, no?

Well, then maybe it splitting hairs.  Raimann was pressed into LT earlier than he was ready.  Yes, it was thought Pryor would be better than Pinter at RG, but the move was in hopes of getting Raimann up to speed because the LT play needed improvement too.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, then maybe it splitting hairs.  Raimann was pressed into LT earlier than he was ready.  Yes, it was thought Pryor would be better than Pinter at RG, but the move was in hopes of getting Raimann up to speed because the LT play needed improvement too.

LT really improved late year, not early (after the move). Like I said, it was developmental gamble, that worked out. 

D Kelly didn't help either. Many expected help from him. We got lucky.

RG is still bad, but at least stabilized a bit. 

It is what it is. Need fixes and further development for 23

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just please stop. There is such a thing as chilling out. Being constantly negative is not good for your karma. 

Its not negative.  Its called realistic looks, so I don't get all gushy over my HC, GM, and Irsay when its not warranted.

Do you follow predraft comments here?   There was a common thought that we needed WR, TE, and LT last draft...in varying order of priority.  A whole bunch of us look at predraft publications and discuss them.  Some folks even analyze their own tape.  Maybe you are not part of that group so you don't follow where nearly everybody had Raimann ranked

It was common knowledge...by amateur fans......, that Pierce, Woods, and Raimann were all sort of clustered in the same ranking level.  It was a matter of which one do you draft first...and if AP would still be there at 53 because he was generally ranked the higher of the three.   

It turns out that other GMs passed on those players when they did, so each one of them fell to the Colts where they did, and the Colts picked them for obvious reasons.   It wasn't that difficult of a pick if you even looked rudimentary at Raimann's existing skill set coupled with his possible development and where he was projected to be picked....combined with the risk relying on Pryor long term posed.

So yes, I guess I would give credit to Ballard for being as astute as many Colts fans were.

Its not negative.  Its called realistic looks, so I don't get all gushy over my HC, GM, and Irsay when its not warranted.

Do you follow predraft comments here?   There was a common thought that we needed WR, TE, and LT last draft...in varying order of priority.  A whole bunch of us look at predraft publications and discuss them.  Some folks even analyze their own tape.  

It was common knowledge...by amateur fans......, that Pierce, Woods, and Raimann were all sort of clustered in the same ranking level.  It was a matter of which one do you draft first...and if AP would still be there at 53 because he was generally ranked the higher of the three.   

It turns out that other GMs passed on those players when they did, so each one of them fell to the Colts, and the Colts picked them for obvious reasons.   It wasn't that difficult of a pick if you even looked rudimentary at Raimann's existing skill set coupled with his possible development and where he was projected to be picked.

So yes, I guess I would give credit to Ballard for being as astute as many of his fans were.

I don't need to write a book explaining myself. This is a fan forum, not a literary column.  

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Btw that's one thing that was in his scouting report - incredible student of the game and worker. He pretty much switched from TE to OT in a single off-season, mostly working alone with his coach(because of COVID) and was almost immediately the best lineman on the team and the next year he was MAC offensive player of the year.

Do you remember how overwhelmed he seemed in the beginning of this season? IMO he's had a great improvement as the season progressed. 

Still not guaranteed he will be our solution long term and he will have to keep getting better, but so far so good. Not much more we could have asked from him this season. One of the few bright spots on this roster.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't need to write a book explaining myself. This is a fan forum, not a literary column.  

It seems like you need to read more about how fans look at potential draft picks.  The Raimann pick at 77 was not that impressive as a decision.   The fact that he was still available at 77 was the impressive part.

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Who does you’re grandmother like at qb that will be available at pick 5/6?  Lol.  

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Btw that's one thing that was in his scouting report - incredible student of the game and worker. He pretty much switched from TE to OT in a single off-season, mostly working alone with his coach(because of COVID) and was almost immediately the best lineman on the team and the next year he was MAC offensive player of the year.

Do you remember how overwhelmed he seemed in the beginning of this season? IMO he's had a great improvement as the season progressed. 

Still not guaranteed he will be our solution long term and he will have to keep getting better, but so far so good. Not much more we could have asked from him this season. One of the few bright spots on this roster.

Yup, his tech was good/advanced. Just needed strength and experience. I've noticed great improvement the last few games. He'll still struggle with bull rushing, but better. And I agree, not a guarantee, but promising. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It seems like you need to read more about how fans look at potential draft picks.  The Raimann pick at 77 was not that impressive as a decision.   The fact that he was still available at 77 was the impressive part.

Is this really that important to you?  I guess it would break your pallet just to admit Ballard made a good draft pick. Jeez.

58 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Ballard had a very solid draft even without a 1st rounder due to the awful Wentz trade that Reich wanted. I’m actually good with Ballard staying as GM, so long as he humbles himself and stops being so stubborn in free agency and gets more aggressive when he identifies a franchise QB within Indy’s grasp in the draft. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

The point about Raimann is that Ballard made a correct professional judgement that Raimann would be there at 77.   Other teams could’ve picked Raimann before the Colts did.  

Woods has actually had a very good rookie season.   In hindsight, both players could’ve been drafted sooner than they eventually went.  

As a big Ballard supporter, I’m beyond furious with him.  (I’d love to be at his year end press conference)   But that doesn’t stop me from giving him credit when he makes good decisions which he did in the 2022 draft.   I try not to reduce people to all good or all bad.  Ballard has made some good decisions even in his worst year by far. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Is this really that important to you?  I guess it would break your pallet just to admit Ballard made a good draft pick. Jeez.

No, it isn't.  Its important to you to defend Ballard, so that's why you keep quoting me.

BTW, you probably think I'm a Ballard hater, just like others think I'm a Frank Apologist.

Did you know that after each draft, I graded Ballard's draft a B+ to an A whenever we have that amateur opinion poll.  Every draft.  So I like his draft's....AT THE TIME, the same way I loved the Raimann pick at the time. 

But no, it was not that impressive, because objectivity compels me to look at the circumstances at the time it was made.  Does this make sense to you?  Sorry if you can't follow.

No, it isn't.  Its important to you to defend Ballard, so that's why you keep quoting me.

BTW, you probably think I'm a Ballard hater, just like others think I'm a Frank Apologist.

Did you know that after each draft, I grade Ballard's draft a B+ to an A.  Every draft.  So I like his draft's....AT THE TIME. 

The same way I loved the Raimann pick at the time.  But no, it was not that impressive.  Does this make sense to you?  Sorry if you can't follow.

By all means. Have the last word. 

You asked me a question.  You must not comprehend the consequences of that.  But lets see if YOU need (or @EastStreet)to have the last word (or emoji reaction) despite me not asking a question.

So you go out your way to add me to the reply for affect... great...

Your post history shows that your recent downplaying things, don't connect. 

Have fun... enjoy... 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Good gravy, people… I didn’t mean for this to become another Ballard flame war. I just wanted to give a shout-out to our rookie LT for doing a good job. 

I agree the kid has played really well.  Him and Dayo have been the bright spots of the last few weeks.

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The point about Raimann is that Ballard made a correct professional judgement that Raimann would be there at 77.   Other teams could’ve picked Raimann before the Colts did.  

Woods has actually had a very good rookie season.   In hindsight, both players could’ve been drafted sooner than they eventually went.  

As a big Ballard supporter, I’m beyond furious with him.  (I’d love to be at his year end press conference)   But that doesn’t stop me from giving him credit when he makes good decisions which he did in the 2022 draft.   I try not to reduce people to all good or all bad.  Ballard has made some good decisions even in his worst year by far. 

How do you know that?   It was probably a simple choice of Woods over Raimann at the time because he thought Woods was a greater priority than Raimann.  Then he picked Raimann later because he was still on the board.

You make it sound like he knew no other team was going to pick Raimann by 77 so he picked Woods first because of that.   

I give Ballard credit for making the correct professional judgment of picking Raimann at that spot.  I'm not reading anything else into it.

3 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I like Raimann a lot but I was also excited about Matty ice, so I dont know anything. I will leave it to professional and hopefully we get better team than what we had this year (2022). 

You and me both. I don't have a whole crew to help me.  :dunno:

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Good gravy, people… I didn’t mean for this to become another Ballard flame war. I just wanted to give a shout-out to our rookie LT for doing a good job. 

This season has brought out the best in all of us.

I'm glad Raimann has done so well. Shows there isn't a big road to improvement ahead for the o line. Probably the team as a whole.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So you go out your way to add me to the reply for affect... great...

Your post history shows that your recent downplaying things, don't connect. 

Have fun... enjoy... 

You chose to be part of his response to me via Emoji reaction.   So I made you part of my response to him.  Seems pretty balanced and not out of the way at all.

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Who does you’re grandmother like at qb that will be available at pick 5/6?  Lol.  

I think if the hands down consensus best QB prospect on the board is there (and we have a big hole at QB), my grandmother could make the pick.

Determining who the best QB is takes more skill and experience than she has though.

Archived