Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 5th pick -- guaranteed a top 6 draft pick (updated 1/1/23)

danlhart87

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just better hope Sam doesn’t get hurt. Apparently Pittman kept telling Sam to slide because we had no other QB.

Could have had Jelani Woods play quarterback we never did get to see him try a pass.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saturday announced Sam is starting Sunday. Ryan will back him up.

This worries me. Sam is nothing special, but he has more escapability than the other two and IMO his style of QBing leads to higher variance. I would really prefer Foles to be our QB next week... 

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of these throws by Levis are Josh Allen like. Question is can he put the mental side of it together. From interviews I have heard from him  I think he can. He has a very strong work ethic and is a gym rat.

Levis looks amazing on the right day.... He looks exactly like you want an NFL QB to look throwing the ball... 

9 minutes ago, Moe said:

What would it cost to move up to the number one draft pick if somehow Bears have it?

At least another 1st and 1 second IMO. I kind of feel like our best chance is for the Texans to just not love Bryce Young and to go Will Levis or something wild like this. 

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:
51 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I would bring up a quarterback from the practice squad or someone off the street. It’s only for one game.

We dont have one on the practice squad.  I think the team just doesn't want to do all the work it would take to bring someone in from the outside and get them ready to play by Sunday

The coaches are understaffed too

3 hours ago, stitches said:

This worries me. Sam is nothing special, but he has more escapability than the other two and IMO his style of QBing leads to higher variance. I would really prefer Foles to be our QB next week... 

He got carted off. I think we knew Foles wasn't going to play this week.

22 minutes ago, Superman said:

He got carted off. I think we knew Foles wasn't going to play this week.

I think this was the part of the game I actually voluntarily missed. I didn't even know he was that hurt :( Have we heard about his injury? I don't think I've actually seen his status. Now reading Saturday said he's "really sore"... 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think this was the part of the game I actually voluntarily missed. I didn't even know he was that hurt :( Have we heard about his injury? I don't think I've actually seen his status. Now reading Saturday said he's "really sore"... 

Really? You haven't heard about this? We blew a protection (again), Foles got destroyed by Kayvon Thibodeau. While Foles was writhing in pain, Thibodeau did snow angels right next to him for like 15 seconds. Foles wound up being carted to the locker room.

I assumed he has cracked ribs, at the very least.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Really? You haven't heard about this? We blew a protection (again), Foles got destroyed by Kayvon Thibodeau. While Foles was writhing in pain, Thibodeau did snow angels right next to him for like 15 seconds. Foles wound up being carted to the locker room.

I wasn't home and only had 1 monitor to watch the games so after 21:3, I just switched to the RedZone stream and didn't see this. I also haven't read much of the post-game threads, because.... quite honestly my interest of the current Colts team is limited to my wish for them to lose all remaining games.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I assumed he has cracked ribs, at the very least.

That didn't look too bad in the initial moment, until you see him in pain after. :( He probably fell on the ball or something. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wasn't home and only had 1 monitor to watch the games so after 21:3, I just switched to the RedZone stream and didn't see this. I also haven't read much of the post-game threads, because.... quite honestly my interest of the current Colts team is limited to my wish for them to lose all remaining games.

That didn't look too bad in the initial moment, until you see him in pain after. :( He probably fell on the ball or something. 

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch this garbage, especially not with all the other good stuff going on yesterday.

The hit isn't super violent on it's own, but this is why QBs are considered defenseless in the pocket. Foles is starting his throwing motion, has no idea he's about to get hit, his midsection is entirely exposed, and he probably gets some whiplash from the collision.

Also, this should be roughing, for landing full weight on the QB. This is textbook for that violation, and wasn't called. Yet, much more innocent plays get flagged all the time. Could also have called taunting for sure.

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't blame you for not wanting to watch this garbage, especially not with all the other good stuff going on yesterday.

The hit isn't super violent on it's own, but this is why QBs are considered defenseless in the pocket. Foles is starting his throwing motion, has no idea he's about to get hit, his midsection is entirely exposed, and he probably gets some whiplash from the collision.

Also, this should be roughing, for landing full weight on the QB. This is textbook for that violation, and wasn't called. Yet, much more innocent plays get flagged all the time. Could also have called taunting for sure.

I just read Saturday's statement from today.

He's completely right. Especially on the last part. I noticed this too - none of our linemen even attempted to stop that dance on the grave of our QB. They have all checked out... Also might point to them sensing what you noticed in last game - Nick Foles didn't seem like he was up for any of this playing football thing last week... and our OLine is responding in kind. 

Just now, stitches said:

He's completely right. Especially on the last part. I noticed this too - none of our linement even attempted to stop that dance on the grave of our QB. They have all checked out... 

Hopefully the entire team checks out next week

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Hopefully the entire team checks out next week

This is why I don’t buy the whole “Jeff is just here as an evaluator”. If you let the team get to this, you’ll lose them and then lose the fans. That’s not something Irsay can have happen considering he needs the fans to buy tickets. 

Zak Keefer  just said on his podcast he has been told colts are drafting a QB and if they have to move up to do it they are going to do that. He was told they are not going the vet route again.

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Rams play in afternoon too so we control our own destiny at 5 or higher 

Rams don’t play until 4:25

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zak Keefer  just said on his podcast he has been told colts are drafting a QB and if they have to move up to do it they are going to do that. He was told they are not going the vet route again.

Rams don’t play until 4:25

That's what I meant sorry for confusion 

15 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

This is why I don’t buy the whole “Jeff is just here as an evaluator”. If you let the team get to this, you’ll lose them and then lose the fans. That’s not something Irsay can have happen considering he needs the fans to buy tickets. 

A win does nothing for us! I am still gonna be a fan next year.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's completely right. Especially on the last part. I noticed this too - none of our linement even attempted to stop that dance on the grave of our QB. They have all checked out... Also might point to them sensing what you noticed in last game - Nick Foles didn't seem like he was up for any of this playing football thing last week... and our OLine is responding in kind. 

In the moment, I don't know what I would have wanted them to do. You can't just spear him while he's on the ground, that's too far, IMO. Our training staff was all gathered in the same area, and by the time Thibodeaux gets up his teammates are with him. If you go confront him at that point, I think things get really ugly.

It was third down, our next play was a punt, so all the relevant players are going to the sideline. Late in the second quarter, I don't think our offense went back out on the field until the third quarter. So you can't go after him on the next play.

So do you treat it like baseball, and let your defense take a late, obvious hit on their QB, then stare over at the Giants sideline? Or do you wait until your next offensive possession, and have the OL go at Thibodeaux? If so, you're probably starting Ehlinger's first possession with a 1st and 25...

It's just a weird situation. I don't think the hit was dirty; it's on the offense that Foles got hit like that. The celebration was tasteless, but in the moment, I don't know how a teammate is expected to recognize what's happening, process it, and decide to respond in a way that doesn't do more harm than good.

There are a lot of Internet tough guys who are blaming the OL for doing... something? I guess I would have rather seen them do something rather than kind of shrug it off and move on, like they seem to have done. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

In the moment, I don't know what I would have wanted them to do. You can't just spear him while he's on the ground, that's too far, IMO. Our training staff was all gathered in the same area, and by the time Thibodeaux gets up his teammates are with him. If you go confront him at that point, I think things get really ugly.

It was third down, our next play was a punt, so all the relevant players are going to the sideline. Late in the second quarter, I don't think our offense went back out on the field until the third quarter. So you can't go after him on the next play.

So do you treat it like baseball, and let your defense take a late, obvious hit on their QB, then stare over at the Giants sideline? Or do you wait until your next offensive possession, and have the OL go at Thibodeaux? If so, you're probably starting Ehlinger's first possession with a 1st and 25...

It's just a weird situation. I don't think the hit was dirty; it's on the offense that Foles got hit like that. The celebration was tasteless, but in the moment, I don't know how a teammate is expected to recognize what's happening, process it, and decide to respond in a way that doesn't do more harm than good.

There are a lot of Internet tough guys who are blaming the OL for doing... something? I guess I would have rather seen them do something rather than kind of shrug it off and move on, like they seem to have done. 

I’d have settled for some jawing. Anything to show they cared. May not have been possible given what you said but it just looked awful.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

I’d have settled for some jawing. Anything to show they cared. May not have been possible given what you said but it just looked awful.

Yeah, I'm looking at the video again, Braden Smith is standing right there as the celebration happened, another Giants player is joining in the celebration. A shove or something probably gets the point across, and there's probably no fine involved. They could have done something...

Archived