Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today is about trust.

Drew2975

The firing, and more so, the hiring is all about Irsays lack of trust in the entire coaching staff. 

Jeff Saturday is being brought in because he is a trusted former player. 

Is it a bad decision? Almost guaranteed. But it shows how much Irsay trust anyone on this coaching staff. 

0% trust!! 

This shows how bad it was behind the scenes. 

Irsays knows who he passed over and still did it. 

1 minute ago, Drew2975 said:

The firing, and more so, the hiring is all about Irsays lack of trust in the entire coaching staff. 

Is it a bad decision? Almost guaranteed. But it shows how much Irsay trust anyone on this coaching staff. 

0% trust!! 

I do not agree... But that is okay. We can disagree.

0% Trust, would infer that he doesn't trust Reggie either. 

Gus and Bubba have done an excellent job this season. 

I believe this is Jim, trying to be creative, so he can hold this defense and special teams together. He is trying to avoid a complete rebuild. Let's face it... Our problem is with one side of the ball... 

If Gus and Bubba hit the market, there will be a bidding war for their services. If we can avoid losing them, then we should try. It is going to be very tricky though. 

If this was a creative decision, then we are back to  "Count On Losing This Sunday" football in Indianapolis. 

If this is a creative decision we are automatically the laughing stock of the league. And will remain so for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, Drew2975 said:

If this was a creative decision, then we are back to  "Count On Losing This Sunday" football in Indianapolis. 

If this is a creative decision we are automatically the laughing stock of the league. And will remain so for the foreseeable future. 

This is one of the most creative decisions an NFL owner has ever made. 

13 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I believe this is Jim, trying to be creative, so he can hold this defense and special teams together. He is trying to avoid a complete rebuild. Let's face it... Our problem is with one side of the ball... 

If Gus and Bubba hit the market, there will be a bidding war for their services. If we can avoid losing them, then we should try. It is going to be very tricky though. 

100% agree. Bubba is young and upcoming, his ST unit performances speak for themselves. It would be a blow losing him. Gus has done a phenomal job here and might be fine taking a lateral move to bail on us. Like Ballard, speculating, they may all want to re-do their contracts with an out, and go elsewhere. 

We can forget about Sean Payton, unless Irsay is willing to give him full control, which I doubt he will after seeing his moves recently with Matt Ryan and now this. Maybe that is why Josh McDaniels didn't want to come here but he ended up with another whimsical in Mark Davis. 

Personally, I see this as a great move for the Colts. Keep Bubba and Gus in their current positions for stability. Bringing in Saturday will bring an onus on the OL. No way the OL will not / cannot respect him. If they do well, then might have found the HC of the future. If they do badly, then Bubba and Gus can interview for the HC position in the off-season letting them get their coaching staff together and implement their vision. If their feelings are hurt not being picked to finish the season, then they are not mentally tough enough to be a HC IMO. 

26 minutes ago, Drew2975 said:

And count on a loosing Saturday too? 

You'd think that Irsay wouldn't curb stomp a Colts Ring of Honor, potential hall of famer (if you subscribe to that).  So there may be little trust in the coaching staff, but I'd be willing to bet that's more Ballard than Irsay.  I also wonder if Hiring Saturday is more of a "get us by" move with both parties understanding that it's not going beyond this season.  But 0% trust, naaah, I doubt that is true.  

Ballard probably has his eye on a few HC candidates, particularly if the directive from Irsay was find "your guy" at QB or your done.  That said, i'ts a weird time to be a Colts fan.  Lots of things changing given the last 8 weeks.

1 hour ago, Drew2975 said:

you think we aren’t already the laughing stock of the league? Lol 

Shows Irsay doesnt want to tank, by firing Frank the club may win and turn this around some where if Frank stayed the odds were top 5 pick. We dont know how close Saturday is with Bubba or Gus, we do know him and Reggie have always been very tight. Dont expect miracles but an easy game vs a reeling Raiders can be very winnable. Fans on their board beyond despaired so same boat as here.

45 minutes ago, Drew2975 said:

If you remember the 80s you'll understand it can get a whole lot worse. 

it could always been worse that doesn’t mean they aren’t for this year, the laughing stock of the league. It isn’t every team that does so much talking and then falls on their faces. 

3 hours ago, Drew2975 said:

0% trust!! 

I think the colts brought Saturday in , to hold the position temporarily. Then evaluate whom should take the position long term with a clean slate. I don’t think he passed over anyone purposely to slight them.

Trust.  Hrm.  Maybe he trusts Saturday to tank without outing him.  But it's hard to ask anyone to tank.  Imagine going to work and doing it badly on purpose and that being attached to your name/identity, that's tougher to do than people admit.  If you bring in someone who is in over his head, though, that can do the trick.

Biggest loser in all this is Ehlinger.  Even if Frank wasn't good enough as a head coach he is good to have around to bring a new QB up.  So Saturday crashing in now will make things about what he knows, which is getting the OL going and inevitably the ground game.  Which are not bad things of course but if you're behind the 8 ball schematically the end result will still be very bad even with better OL play.  For Ehlinger this change makes the climb a little steeper.

Today is about Irsay's age. he's getting older and he still dreams of winning another ring.

Prospects do not look good. He's starting to look like his dad. The best years the Colts have had since the late 50s 60s was when we lucked into drafting Peyton and he hired a great, recognized GM in Polian --- then let them run things.

I don't like this new look... Hoping I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Drew2975 said:

If you remember the 80s you'll understand it can get a whole lot worse. 

I remember and barring an act of God we may be on our way to that. Jim is acting more like his father as time passes. '73 Bob fires the HC and the GM coached the remainder of the season. 

On 11/7/2022 at 2:22 PM, BlueShoe said:

That’s not how you avoid losing them to tell them he didn’t even consider them and a guy with no experience other than high school is the best man for the job. I trying to reserve judgement but this is pushing me to the limit and I’m losing all faith in Jim. Jim is starting to become an issue with his meddling and undermining ways.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Indy87 said:

you think we aren’t already the laughing stock of the league? Lol 

Fairly certain the Raiders, Packers, Broncos, and Saints also had very high aspirations this season. To say we are the laughing stock of the league is just hyperbole. More likely nobody outside of Indy is even paying attention to the team at this point. Plus the Lions are still the Lions so can’t be a laughing stock with them around!

2 minutes ago, FanOutOfTown said:

Fairly certain the Raiders, Packers, Broncos, and Saints also had very high aspirations this season. To say we are the laughing stock of the league is just hyperbole. More likely nobody outside of Indy is even paying attention to the team at this point. Plus the Lions are still the Lions so can’t be a laughing stock with them around!

if you think records alone determine what people laugh at it’s not. The Colts have been embarrassing. 

Archived