Midseason Confidence Poll  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Frank Reich

2. 2. Chris Ballard

3. 3. Strausser (OL Coach)

4. 4. Jim Irsay

5. 5. Direction of Team / Overall Organization

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2022 at 06:00 PM

20 hours ago, Solid84 said:

No he’s generally been pretty good at letting his people do their thing. I just think the whole Wentz-thing and now benching Matt is a bit too much. 

Wentz showed he wasn't the answer in Jacksonville when he totally embarrassed the Colts. Irsay was humiliated just like all the fan base. 

Now with what has transpired of course Irsay is going to interject himself into his team. If you owned a business and it was bleeding would you just sit back and watch it bleed out? 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wentz showed he wasn't the answer in Jacksonville when he totally embarrassed the Colts. Irsay was humiliated just like all the fan base. 

Now with what has transpired of course Irsay is going to interject himself into his team. If you owned a business and it was bleeding would you just sit back and watch it bleed out? 

The entire team was horrible... did you watch?

OL was atrocious... season high sacks... actually, they doubled the previous season high sacks... say it out loud.. Our OL doubled the previous season high sacks... lol... 

And our D... allowed Lawrence set a season/career high in passer rating... lol.. repeat that oo... 

Say it with me... "the entire team sucks..."

repeat it as needed. 

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's a simple opinion poll.... you offer your opinion all the time... 

And lol... Strausser likely has zero to do with Braden improving. Do you think Strausser changed scheme, or gave him technique tips lol.. I don't think he ever played FB. 

I guess I could answer IDK for everything, but that wouldn't be much of an answer.  I lean towards having confidence in all of them, now that we have good young players in impactful positions and a new QB....something recognized and adjusted to by the current regime. But an answer like that would be ridiculed by those who have no confidence...like they already know that is the right position to have...when, I can tell by the comments, most are not looking at the team right now but are looking at the team they saw last year and through October of this year.   Confidence is a term used to look at the future, and that's what I'm doing.

I don't need the hassle.  Not interested in the "debate".  I have my opinion, and now I'll watch the Colts. 

The scheme is fine to me, since Braden is back to being good under this 3 year old scheme.  Now we need four better olineman than what we have.   Hope Q can work on and fix whatever he is doing wrong, like Smith did.  Most people believe we need to upgrade LT, C, and RG...at the same time they are bashing the coach when they don't even know what he really does...lol.  Its tough to have "debate" with people like that.

It will be interesting next year though.  When a new HC is playing with a new QB (or Sam growing more), a new LT, Pitt, AP, JT, Woods all taking another step...and then watch people rave what a great HC the new guy is.  LOL. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The entire team was horrible... did you watch?

OL was atrocious... season high sacks... actually, they doubled the previous season high sacks... say it out loud.. Our OL doubled the previous season high sacks... lol... 

And our D... allowed Lawrence set a season/career high in passer rating... lol.. repeat that oo... 

Say it with me... "the entire team sucks..."

repeat it as needed. 

So Irsay didn't have the right to step in and take control of his own team? And when he did he was overstepping his orthority? 

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So Irsay didn't have the right to step in and take control of his own team? And when he did he was overstepping his orthority? 

Welp...

So the OL is as bad or worse... And the the guy that "is like Manning", per Irsay.... wasn't the answer given the OL....

Do did "taking control" fix anything?

And... we got beat by Jax worse 9/18/22... And Lawrence set a new career career high in passer rating... lol... 

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I guess I could answer IDK for everything, but that wouldn't be much of an answer.  I lean towards having confidence in all of them, now that we have good young players in impactful positions and a new QB....something recognized and adjusted to by the current regime. But an answer like that would be ridiculed by those who have no confidence...like they already know that is the right position to have...when, I can tell by the comments, most are not looking at the team right now but are looking at the team they saw last year and through October of this year.   Confidence is a term used to look at the future, and that's what I'm doing.

I don't need the hassle.  Not interested in the "debate".  I have my opinion, and now I'll watch the Colts. 

The scheme is fine to me, since Braden is back to being good under this 3 year old scheme.  Now we need four better olineman than what we have.   Hope Q can work on and fix whatever he is doing wrong, like Smith did.  Most people believe we need to upgrade LT, C, and RG...at the same time they are bashing the coach when they don't even know what he really does...lol.  Its tough to have "debate" with people like that.

It will be interesting next year though.  When a new HC is playing with a new QB (or Sam growing more), a new LT, Pitt, AP, JT, Woods all taking another step...and then watch people rave what a great HC the new guy is.  LOL. 

good-talk-chevy-chase.gif

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Welp...

So the OL is as bad or worse... And the the guy that "is like Manning", per Irsay.... wasn't the answer given the OL....

Do did "taking control" fix anything?

And... we got beat by Jax worse 9/18/22... And Lawrence set a new career career high in passer rating... lol... 

So you think that Irsay doesn't have the right to do what he thinks is right for the team? OK, I see. 

So you think that Irsay doesn't have the right to do what he thinks is right for the team? OK, I see. 

Irsay owns the team. He absolutely can do whatever he wants to do. 

But... if his changes fail, it impacts the bottom line. And impacts fan support. And impacts player morale. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

You asked why I didn't answer.  I said because I thought I would just be ridiculed.    I know the people on here who use ridicule as a semi-humorous way of shouting down dissent.  I don't need the engagement.

You said you didn't want to debate...

So I didn't debate. Just a "good talk" reply after your book. 

So you replied/engaged again... 

confused-no.gif

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Irsay owns the team. He absolutely can do whatever he wants to do. 

But... if his changes fail, it impacts the bottom line. And impacts fan support. And impacts player morale. 

Just maybe the fan base would be more inclined to lose interest in the team if he sits back and does nothing?  

I understand why there is disappointment but to go over the top and over react the way you and a few others do is fruitless. The Colts are having the same problems as 75% or more of all the other teams. So let's just crucify everyone. 

My confidence in Frank is in the low to he should go range.  I'm fine with Ballard coming back, we should have been more aggressive in getting a young qb though.  

I dont know what the deal is with the line.  To me something looks off with Nelson and Kelly physically.  Not sure what to say about the coach.

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You said you didn't want to debate...

So I didn't debate. Just a "good talk" reply after your book. 

So you replied/engaged again... 

confused-no.gif

Shall I explain to you how life works. 

A scene with Chevy Chase is humorous.  A caption over a Chevy Chase meme is actually seen as the opposite of what the words are...not a good talk....which followed the chucklehead emoji reaction to my response.  Chevy Chase meme + Chucklehead emoji = Ridicule.   Ridicule + describing a response as "a book" = More Ridicule.

Which was the reason I did not answer your thread in the first place.  The beauty of life is that many times smart people know how certain other people are going to react before that other person even knows how they are going to react themselves.  So they just walk on by. 

But when engaged more directly, like a quote on a forum, or a tap on the shoulder when walking, a person may then engage that other person. 

This engagement we've had should help you understand the answer to your very first question...why I didn't respond to the poll.  I didn't respond because I did not need the ridicule from you or the debate with you.  I will enjoy watching the young players on offense perform (that we finally have in the correct positions), knowing that their talent is the key to their performance more than who the coach is or who the leaders are.

Just maybe the fan base would be more inclined to lose interest in the team if he sits back and does nothing?  

I understand why there is disappointment but to go over the top and over react the way you and a few others do is fruitless. The Colts are having the same problems as 75% or more of all the other teams. So let's just crucify everyone. 

I disagree (over reacting)... 

For Irsay.. If you meddle, and if you publicly throw a player under the bus... then you are rolling the dice... You either win, or lose. He hit snake eyes. Regardless, the public bashing of a player wasn't required. Rarely ends well. 

For Reich... it's not just this season. Many fans were never impressed to begin with. And some just dislike his scheme and/or play calling. That's not over-reacting... 

I'm in the IDK space with Ballard. But never impressed with Strausser to begin with. 

Just now, DougDew said:

Shall I explain to you how life works. 

A scene with Chevy Chase is humorous.  A caption over a Chevy Chase meme is actually seen as the opposite of what the words are...not a good talk....which followed the chucklehead emoji reaction to my response.  Chevy Chase meme + Chucklehead emoji = Ridicule.   Ridicule + describing a response as "a book" = More Ridicule.

Which was the reason I did not answer your thread in the first place.  The beauty of life is that many times smart people know how certain other people are going to react before that other person even knows how they are going to react themselves.  So they just walk on by. 

But when engaged more directly, like a quote on a forum, or a tap on the shoulder when walking, a person may then engage that other person. 

This engagement we've had should help you understand the answer to your very first question...why I didn't respond to the poll.  I didn't respond because I did not need the ridicule from you or the debate with you.  I will enjoy watching the young players on offense perform (that we finally have in the correct positions), knowing that their talent is the key to their performance more than who the coach is or who the leaders are.

sorry, not reading... when you start with an offer to explain life... that's total gold dude lol..

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

sorry, not reading... when you start with an offer to explain life... that's total gold dude lol..

It explained the motivation of why people engage others.  And we all know that your motivation is pretty unique.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Perhaps you should create a thread called "Doug's Wisdom and Life Explained"

No thanks, I don't need the recognition.

QB, LT, Flanker, TE, Edge, Corner....the keys to winning football games.  Ours are young, and we'll see. 

I can have only so many conversations and analysis about irrelevant things like scheme, Strausser, and Reich before I get bored. That's why I didn't answer your poll.  

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

QB, LT, Flanker, TE, Edge, Corner....the keys to winning football games.  Ours are young, and we'll see. 

I can have only so many conversations and analysis about irrelevant things like scheme, Strausser, and Reich before I get bored. That's why I didn't answer your poll.  

200w.gif

22 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But but he was able to create another statistic (fact).

We all hate that several of our chess moves didn't work.

Q, Kelly,  Smith, Ngaukee, Pittmans blocking, Mo's blocking, our RB's blocking is not anyone's fault but their own. Some is likely injury related,

Some is EFFORT!  

We do have some very good looking prospects. Every organization is looking to hit lightening in a bottle. 

32 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

But but he was able to create another statistic (fact).

We all hate that several of our chess moves didn't work.

Q, Kelly,  Smith, Ngaukee, Pittmans blocking, Mo's blocking, our RB's blocking is not anyone's fault but their own. Some is likely injury related,

Some is EFFORT!  

We do have some very good looking prospects. Every organization is looking to hit lightening in a bottle. 

Its hard to answer the questions like so many others seem to have found easy.

Confidence is a forward looking word.

• The GM who gave us bad prospects in the past (in the wrong positions that some of us knew) has given us good prospects now.
  • The coach who coached the bad prospects in the past to winning records is struggling to win now since the good prospects are still young...in the case of the QB, only his second game.  
  • The oline coach?  The RT has a personal grade of 72.8...and higher than that in recent weeks...so he must be coached by a different coach than the others. LOL.  And everybody hates the coach but yet wants the LT, RG, C .. 60% of the oline...replaced....huh?

Its a weird poll to answer.  Its just the same opinions put into a different thread and form. Keeping score of opinions is kinda weird, but I get why.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its hard to answer the questions like so many others seem to have found easy.

Confidence is a forward looking word.

• The GM who gave us bad prospects in the past (in the wrong positions that some of us knew) has given us good prospects now.
  • The coach who coached the bad prospects in the past to winning records is struggling to win now since the good prospects are still young...in the case of the QB, only his second game.  
  • The oline coach?  The RT has a personal grade of 72.8...and higher than that in recent weeks...so he must be coached by a different coach than the others. LOL.  And everybody hates the coach but yet wants the LT, RG, C .. 60% of the oline...replaced....huh?

Its a weird poll to answer.  Its just the same opinions put into a different thread and form. Keeping score of opinions is kinda weird, but I get why.

You fail on logic... 

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IDK.. McD was a rook, but was high profile guy and in demand. 

Wanted to make a splash with the hire IMO.. Then Frank was totally meh... 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952m28805f6rw4kig4zrhv

Your right, I forgot JMcD was a high profile guy at the time. .....maybe that's why the Football Gods didn't let him come. :thinking:  haha 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:57 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Low/No confidence to everyone. I was tempted to put "I don't know" to Irsay, but he's becoming a meddling owner as well, and I don't trust him after the Wentz debacle. Ballard, Reich, and Strausser all need to go, and with Sam as the only current hope, I have little to no confidence in this organization at least until we know if Reich and Ballard is getting fired, what draft pick position we have, and what we do in FA and the draft.

Irsay needs to meddle, more!

I voted confidence for balled but only because I can’t vote don’t know as there is too much info and low confidence didn’t seem right.  I have some confidence in him but it is waning. 

if the o scores a lot of points I may change my low confidence for frank. 

After votes are in (mostly)...

Not really worried/concerned about low/no confidence votes for HC/OLC/GM... You can always replace them...

But what is concerning... Irsay is only getting 40ish% of confidence votes. I expected 50+, and TBH, thought he would be 60-70%. 

And overall org confidence is only 5ish%... wow.. ouch. 

I think the off season is incredibly important for specifically for Irsay. Once the owner looses fans, things could get awful. 

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why?

I'd guess Payton would win a fan poll at this time. And he's the only one available right now, and we know he will be likely the most in-demand coach during the off season... 

Ballard needs to re apply for his job was the comment I was referring to. The owner is the one who hires the GM, not the head coach. 

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ballard needs to re apply for his job was the comment I was referring to. The owner is the one who hires the GM, not the head coach. 

Honestly, teams have all kinds of models. 

Some teams have owners who drive the bus (Cowboys).

Some teams have Coaches who drive the bus (KC with Andy and NE where it's hybrid role/situation)

Some teams have GM's drive the bus (Pitt with Colbert before retirement). 

Some teams have GM/HC partnerships (Bills). Both were hired the same year. But coach was hired first. And the GM (Bean) was hired because he was friendly to the new HC (McD)

KC's model is interesting. Hunt (owner) has a lot of irons in the fire... Chiefs, MLS, ++... And his GM and Pres split business stuff. But Andy drives a lot of the stuff. And IMO, Veach likely takes direction (personnel) from Reid. And IIRC, Reid was the guy pushed for Veach. 

38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly, teams have all kinds of models. 

Some teams have owners who drive the bus (Cowboys).

Some teams have Coaches who drive the bus (KC with Andy and NE where it's hybrid role/situation)

Some teams have GM's drive the bus (Pitt with Colbert before retirement). 

Some teams have GM/HC partnerships (Bills). Both were hired the same year. But coach was hired first. And the GM (Bean) was hired because he was friendly to the new HC (McD)

KC's model is interesting. Hunt (owner) has a lot of irons in the fire... Chiefs, MLS, ++... And his GM and Pres split business stuff. But Andy drives a lot of the stuff. And IMO, Veach likely takes direction (personnel) from Reid. And IIRC, Reid was the guy pushed for Veach. 

IMO Irsay would never give up his power to a head coach.  Nor should he.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Irsay would never give up his power to a head coach.  Nor should he.

That's your opinion...

Irsay was bad GM. 

And most success (for Indy) was due to PM. And most feel we could have supported Manning better and should have had more SBs... 

So perhaps it's time to try a different approach...

But like I said, many different models... And several successful teams have HCs that drive the bus... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

After votes are in (mostly)...

Not really worried/concerned about low/no confidence votes for HC/OLC/GM... You can always replace them...

But what is concerning... Irsay is only getting 40ish% of confidence votes. I expected 50+, and TBH, thought he would be 60-70%. 

And overall org confidence is only 5ish%... wow.. ouch. 

I think the off season is incredibly important for specifically for Irsay. Once the owner looses fans, things could get awful. 

Should it be awfuler, or more awful? Perhaps awfulest?

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That's your opinion...

Irsay was bad GM. 

And most success (for Indy) was due to PM. And most feel we could have supported Manning better and should have had more SBs... 

So perhaps it's time to try a different approach...

But like I said, many different models... And several successful teams have HCs that drive the bus... 

Believe what you want but IMO Irsay would not give up control of the team to a head coach. Why you feel the need to argue every point is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Believe what you want but IMO Irsay would not give up control of the team to a head coach. Why you feel the need to argue every point is beyond me. 

Huh?

I actually agree with other poster. You are the one that argued that their opinion was stupid with a "really, get real"... 

Archived