Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft Prospects - General discussion, impressions, news...


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Obviously the colts aren't a QB away, but I would mortgage our possible top 5 pick, second, both thirds, and our first next year to get to 2. Gotta get either Young or Stroud. I get we still have to fix LT (hopefully Raimann continues to start and get better) and other areas on the line, but those are easier to fill in FA. We need our franchise QB

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 11:49 PM, CR91 said:

Obviously the colts aren't a QB away, but I would mortgage our possible top 5 pick, second, both thirds, and our first next year to get to 2. Gotta get either Young or Stroud. I get we still have to fix LT (hopefully Raimann continues to start and get better) and other areas on the line, but those are easier to fill in FA. We need our franchise QB

My ideal top two picks would be whichever QB they like the most followed by the best RG/RT. Personally I think Raimann will be just fine. Other positions I think we’ll take will be RB,LB,CB,DL, and WR in no particular order. Hoping we draft a fast receiver and pick up a veteran OL for some help there. Also hoping we trade Kelly for a pick and either let Pinter play center or find another one in the draft or Free agency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, danlhart87 said:

 

I  would say Atlanta and Clevland are there to assess Hooker for later round picks. The rest for Levi as their 1st pick. I think that shows where teams have these players slotted. Just my thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 12:55 AM, Defjamz26 said:

I really like Jalin Hyatt from Tennessee. Not sold on our receiving core. We need a real deep threat and he can be it.

Say we trade Pittman as part of moving up the number one spot. Could PC take his place? I’d really like for us to draft Zay Flowers. The guy is just electric. A human joystick. 
 

Also, what’s peoples opinions on Darnell Washington? Was thinking if we couldn’t get a tackle or a top guard with our 2nd, maybe Washington could be a good choice? Supposedly he’s THE blocking tight end this draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Say we trade Pittman as part of moving up the number one spot. Could PC take his place? I’d really like for us to draft Zay Flowers. The guy is just electric. A human joystick. 
 

Also, what’s peoples opinions on Darnell Washington? Was thinking if we couldn’t get a tackle or a top guard with our 2nd, maybe Washington could be a good choice? Supposedly he’s THE blocking tight end this draft. 

I haven’t seen any Flowers tape. I just know the name because he had some buzz last year before he returned to school.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I haven’t seen any Flowers tape. I just know the name because he had some buzz last year before he returned to school.

Zay FLowers is NUTS! Not sure he will succeed in the league because he's very small, but he's ineed a human joystick. Some changes of direction he does seem like you are watching video game. 

 

20 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Say we trade Pittman as part of moving up the number one spot. Could PC take his place? I’d really like for us to draft Zay Flowers. The guy is just electric. A human joystick. 
 

Also, what’s peoples opinions on Darnell Washington? Was thinking if we couldn’t get a tackle or a top guard with our 2nd, maybe Washington could be a good choice? Supposedly he’s THE blocking tight end this draft. 

I've heard people say this WR class is not great but there are a ton of WRs and TEs I love for day 2. If Pittman lets us keep our next year's 1st round pick in a move up to 1, I think I would be good with that. We can draft MHJ next year with our 1st round pick...

We can also try to hit on a WR on day 2 this year - Hyatt, Jaxon Smith Njigba, Tyler Scott, Josh Downs, Zay Flowers... there probably are more that I will like by the time I'm done watching the top prospects. Washington is a pretty good TE prospect too. I like him. I think he's like ... a more polished version of Woods. Musgrave, Kincaid, Stover... some other TEs that might be worth a look... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Zay FLowers is NUTS! Not sure he will succeed in the league because he's very small, but he's ineed a human joystick. Some changes of direction he does seem like you are watching video game. 

 

I've heard people say this WR class is not great but there are a ton of WRs and TEs I love for day 2. If Pittman lets us keep our next year's 1st round pick in a move up to 1, I think I would be good with that. We can draft MHJ next year with our 1st round pick...

We can also try to hit on a WR on day 2 this year - Hyatt, Jaxon Smith Njigba, Tyler Scott, Josh Downs, Zay Flowers... there probably are more that I will like by the time I'm done watching the top prospects. Washington is a pretty good TE prospect too. I like him. I think he's like ... a more polished version of Woods. Musgrave, Kincaid, Stover... some other TEs that might be worth a look... 

If we want to trade up to one I’d be fine including Pittman in the trade. Sign PC and draft a WR and we’re good. 
 

I mentioned Washington because he’s a bulldozer and we kinda of need that. None of our TEs are exceptional blockers. Him and JT would be HUGE. But yeah, he resembles Woods in size but is a waaay better blocker. Woods may be a better receiving target which would be fine. 
 

If we got nothing but a QB, Washington and Flowers in the draft I’d be happy. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

If we want to trade up to one I’d be fine including Pittman in the trade. Sign PC and draft a WR and we’re good. 
 

I mentioned Washington because he’s a bulldozer and we kinda of need that. None of our TEs are exceptional blockers. Him and JT would be HUGE. But yeah, he resembles Woods in size but is a waaay better blocker. Woods may be a better receiving target which would be fine. 
 

If we got nothing but a QB, Washington and Flowers in the draft I’d be happy. :D

I personally love Washington. He is huge and has potential to be a stud in the NFL. But drafting two big bodies last year let’s me think we won’t be looking at TE this year with any early pick. You still have Mo, Woods, Granson, Olgetree who was looked highly upon before injury, plus Wydermyer who still has potential. Plus a guy like Kalinic is someone they like to keep because he acts as a blocker/FB. Once Olgetree is healthy you have plenty of big bodies that can play and block. Woods was a good blocker in college and Mo is not terrible as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I personally love Washington. He is huge and has potential to be a stud in the NFL. But drafting two big bodies last year let’s me think we won’t be looking at TE this year with any early pick. You still have Mo, Woods, Granson, Olgetree who was looked highly upon before injury, plus Wydermyer who still has potential. Plus a guy like Kalinic is someone they like to keep because he acts as a blocker/FB. Once Olgetree is healthy you have plenty of big bodies that can play and block. Woods was a good blocker in college and Mo is not terrible as well. 

I know we’ve just had an influx of talent at TE, but I think it was pretty clear we missed Doyle A LOT this year. We need that blocking TE real bad. Both to help the Oline and clear a path for JT. 
 

I wouldn’t mind including MO in a trade this offseason. He really disappointed me this season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I know we’ve just had an influx of talent at TE, but I think it was pretty clear we missed Doyle A LOT this year. We need that blocking TE real bad. Both to help the Oline and clear a path for JT. 
 

I wouldn’t mind including MO in a trade this offseason. He really disappointed me this season. 

Did Mo disappointing play result from an anemic offense? Personally, I think the chain reaction from the collapse of the offensive line effected every offensive player in a negative way. The offense was putrid most of the season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I really like Jalin Hyatt from Tennessee. Not sold on our receiving core. We need a real deep threat and he can be it.

I think Hyatt will end up going in the first round, but he's an absolute deep threat.

 

Some WRs I like right now are:

- Josh Downs, UNC - Deep threat that is amazing at regulating his speed throughout the route. Really great contested catcher for such a small WR.

- Parker Washington, Penn State - Decent speed, big time YAC guy with great vision. Plays with good contact balance and also insanely good at contested catches for his size. He just times his jumps so perfectly and isn't afraid to lay out for a catch. Added value as a kick returner.

- Zay Flowers, BC - Deep threat, but really bad problem with drops (24 drops in his college career, 11% drop rate). Dude is electric. If he can clean up the drops, he'll be a great offensive weapon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shive said:

I think Hyatt will end up going in the first round, but he's an absolute deep threat.

 

Some WRs I like right now are:

- Josh Downs, UNC - Deep threat that is amazing at regulating his speed throughout the route. Really great contested catcher for such a small WR.

- Parker Washington, Penn State - Decent speed, big time YAC guy with great vision. Plays with good contact balance and also insanely good at contested catches for his size. He just times his jumps so perfectly and isn't afraid to lay out for a catch. Added value as a kick returner.

- Zay Flowers, BC - Deep threat, but really bad problem with drops (24 drops in his college career, 11% drop rate). Dude is electric. If he can clean up the drops, he'll be a great offensive weapon.

I’ve seen Zay Flowers be mentioned as a late 1st, early second round guy. His combine and workouts might help that as well. He shows so much potential too. 
 

Josh Downs will probably be early second but more than likely round 2 for sure. This guy is a very good WR. He can break ankles but his best quality is taking short slants and gaining YAC. 
 

I like Rome Odunze from Washington. Good size and great route runner. Should be late 2nd maybe 3rd rounder. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

A.T. Perry is a WR to keep in mind. He’s 6’5” and has been the standout at Shrine game practices so far. Could be a Pittman replacement.

 

Xavier Hutchinson is another intriguing receiver too. Built like Alec Pierce but has real catch and run/YAC ability and good deep speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 6:08 PM, John Hammonds said:

Well, if we're gonna suck, we're gonna suck.

Puts us in line for:

Round 1 - C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State 6-3 218

Round 2 - Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma 5-11 177

Round 3 - John Michael Schmitz, OC, Minnesota 6-4 320

Some people don’t think he’ll make it out of the first round.

 

UPDATE - 02/02/2023

He's been one of the best players at the Senior Bowl thus far. By far the best most consistent lineman and it's not even close. He's firmly established himself as a first-rounder.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2022 at 4:15 PM, chad72 said:

Anyone else like Zay Flowers of Boston College? He is the slot guy that can fly, and our roster is filled with tall guys and we could use one of those guys that can fly, like TY used to.

Yeah, I can’t see getting to WR early enough, but that’s the type of WR I’d like to see in there.  A true, quick slot guy.  A poor man’s option might be Demario Douglas of Liberty, who just worked himself into 4th/5th round consideration with a great EW Shrine.  5’8, 175, 4.40 forty…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, I can’t see getting to WR early enough, but that’s the type of WR I’d like to see in there.  A true, quick slot guy.  A poor man’s option might be Demario Douglas of Liberty, who just worked himself into 4th/5th round consideration with a great EW Shrine.  5’8, 175, 4.40 forty…

 

Josh Downs of North Carolina is another of those slot speedsters that could be available in Round 3, IMO. Slot guys like Cooper Kupp, TY, all went Round 3, so I doubt a lot of them go Round 2 unless it is late Round 2. The run on OL happens in Round 2, so we get the OL there. If we do player trades and keep both the 2nd and 3rd rounders, that would work great for us. Another guy is Jayden Reed of Michigan State. It all depends on if Ballard gets over his "6 foot WR" mental block. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello!

 

I've recently started a Youtube channel breaking down 2023 NFL Draft prospects.  Link is at the bottom for anyone who would like the check out the videos.  So far I've done C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Jalen Carter, Will Anderson Jr., Bijan Robinson, Jahmyr Gibbs, and Jaxon Smith-Njigba.  If anyone has ideas for future prospects or videos to do in the future I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

 

Would also love to discuss potential draft scenarios for the Colts.  I would like to see them trade up for Bryce Young if the price isn't too steep.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2023 at 11:47 AM, danlhart87 said:

I really like JSN! He lacks breakaway speed but is well rounded in other categories. If we keep 35 I hope he falls.

This would be phenomenal!  Best receiver in the draft in my opinion.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


JSN?    Does he have a name?    

Jaxon Smith-Njigba... 

 

Lately I've been seeing more and more main-stream NFL draft people put him pretty high on their big boards and mocks so... it's very possible he will be gone much earlier than our 35 pick. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Jaxon Smith-Njigba... 

 

Lately I've been seeing more and more main-stream NFL draft people put him pretty high on their big boards and mocks so... it's very possible he will be gone much earlier than our 35 pick. 

 

Apparently, lots of Eagles fans want him with their No.10 pick that they have from the Saints. Most likely, the Falcons that may not take a QB or the Titans would go after him since with all the defensive free agents, I see the Eagles going D and the Falcons might want to give another year for Ridder to show them what he has got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I really like Kelee Ringo as well. CB class is one of the deepest it’s been in years. He could slip out the 1st round, but he’s big and physical.

 

I still think that South Carolina CB Darius Rush would be a great replacement for Kenny Moore with his 32 3/4" arms (just a tad below that 33" threshold Ballard likes) with his great speed and change of direction abilities in the slot which is where we will need that instant replacement since Rodgers has shown he can play outside along with Facyson and Gilmore. I see Darius Rush in Round 4 being a great fit. He has 4.38-low 4.4 speed at 6'1", 196 lbs, not a small guy by any means. Elite blitzer is what is thrown around whenever I read about him, screams Moore replacement to me.

 

It would also depend on what draft picks we have on Day 2 after any potential draft day trades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I still think that South Carolina CB Darius Rush would be a great replacement for Kenny Moore with his 32 3/4" arms (just a tad below that 33" threshold Ballard likes) with his great speed and change of direction abilities in the slot which is where we will need that instant replacement since Rodgers has shown he can play outside along with Facyson and Gilmore. I see Darius Rush in Round 4 being a great fit. He has 4.38-low 4.4 speed at 6'1", 196 lbs, not a small guy by any means. Elite blitzer is what is thrown around whenever I read about him, screams Moore replacement to me.

 

It would also depend on what draft picks we have on Day 2 after any potential draft day trades.


With his height,  I think that very likely makes him an outside corner.   
 

Most teams prefer their slot or nickel corner on the shorter side.  Under 6’.    Better change of direction and from the slot you’ve typically got smaller, quicker receivers breaking both ways.  
 

Not a hard and fast rule, but I believe it’s a popular viewpoint.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


With his height,  I think that very likely makes him an outside corner.   
 

Most teams prefer their slot or nickel corner on the shorter side.  Under 6’.    Better change of direction and from the slot you’ve typically got smaller, quicker receivers breaking both ways.  
 

Not a hard and fast rule, but I believe it’s a popular viewpoint.  

 

I can see that. With good coaching, Darius has very good potential to be an outside CB, IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I can see that. With good coaching, Darius has very good potential to be an outside CB, IMO.


Believe me, he and the other taller corners are very much on my wish list.   I always like me some cornerbacks!    :thmup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2023 at 7:38 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Did Mo disappointing play result from an anemic offense? Personally, I think the chain reaction from the collapse of the offensive line effected every offensive player in a negative way. The offense was putrid most of the season. 

Sorry, must have overlooked this. 
 

I was thinking in general, not just as a receiving threat. His blocking (both pass and run) was below average. No doubt the craptastic offense affected his receiving numbers, but I would have like to see the guy we paid to take Doyle’s place step up and take it. He was entirely forgettable this season in my opinion. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2023 at 5:34 PM, chad72 said:

 

Josh Downs of North Carolina is another of those slot speedsters that could be available in Round 3, IMO. Slot guys like Cooper Kupp, TY, all went Round 3, so I doubt a lot of them go Round 2 unless it is late Round 2. The run on OL happens in Round 2, so we get the OL there. If we do player trades and keep both the 2nd and 3rd rounders, that would work great for us. Another guy is Jayden Reed of Michigan State. It all depends on if Ballard gets over his "6 foot WR" mental block. 

Reed stood out during the senior bowl. I think he can be had after the 2nd round (3rd maybe 4th). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 8:06 AM, NewColtsFan said:


With his height,  I think that very likely makes him an outside corner.   
 

Most teams prefer their slot or nickel corner on the shorter side.  Under 6’.    Better change of direction and from the slot you’ve typically got smaller, quicker receivers breaking both ways.  
 

Not a hard and fast rule, but I believe it’s a popular viewpoint.  

What do you think about sliding Rodgers inside to slot and drafting a taller corner for outside?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

What do you think about sliding Rodgers inside to slot and drafting a taller corner for outside?


I always thought that was the plan, but I don’t think the Colts hold that view.   I think they believe that Rodgers is too small for the slot.  Not built to stop the run, or take on big lineman.   So I think they want him outside.   
 

Im actually hoping the Colts take a corner in both the 4th and 5th round, and maybe one of those will be someone for the slot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...