Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JT ranked 5

CR91

8 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Seems about right. Haven’t watched any rankings but have seen where a few Colts players have been ranked. Just guessing but I’m going to say Tom Brady, Aaron Donald, Aaron Rodgers and Cooper Kupp in that order.  I say it’s fair to put them ahead. 

That's exactly correct 

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

That's exactly correct 

Sweet!!  In all fairness a broken clock is right twice a day. Was kind of easy bc those 4 clearly had great seasons and some of the best in the league. I do think Rodgers comes back to earth this year.  Great QB but I don’t care for his dramatics but do understand why. If my boss hired a guy to try and replace me, I would shake them down for all I could. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Sweet!!  In all fairness a broken clock is right twice a day. Was kind of easy bc those 4 clearly had great seasons and some of the best in the league. I do think Rodgers comes back to earth this year.  Great QB but I don’t care for his dramatics but do understand why. If my boss hired a guy to try and replace me, I would shake them down for all I could. 

Yay.

Still don’t think in 2022 Tom is #1.

12 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Yay.

Still don’t think in 2022 Tom is #1.

Most definitely. It’s a matter of time before his age catches up to him. I am happy to see him play one more year.  I hope he plays well enough and doesn’t collapse or get injured. Just like Jordan and Babe Ruth, Brady will remain relevant for decades. Glad to see him play. 

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nelson, Leonard, Ballard

Wrong

Who have I under-evaluated ?  I had doubts about Taylor but I said he was being used wrong and then I said after Green Bay he started to show the patience necessary to really get it going in the league. They started using him more directly at the LOS.   I bought his jersey his rookie year.  It’s the only one I own.  

I didn’t think he’d have 1800 yds and 20 TDs last season but I doubt anyone did.

I still don’t think you can contend for a title with a running back as the focal point of an offense, but that doesn’t have anything to do with Taylor.  I just don’t think that is likely the way the game is played to day with the way the rules are set up. 

so who else have I under evaluated? 

My top 10 would be this: This is going into 2022

1. Patrick Mahomes - He is still the best QB in the league and QB is the most important position.

2. Aaron Rodgers - MVP, 2nd best QB in the league.

3. Aaron Donald - best defensive player in the league.

4. Cooper Kupp - best WR and he put up huge numbers last year.

5. TJ Watt - best pass rusher in football.

6. Jonathan Taylor - best RB in football. The engine that makes the Colts go. When he rushes for 100 yards the Colts are unbeatable!

7. Tom Brady - I can buy him being the GOAT, some will say Peyton or Montana - my Big3 all-time anyway. This list isn't a lifetime award though, so Tom is 7th on my list. Which isn't a dis at all, 7th is great.

8. Davante Adams - He and Kupp are the best WR's in the league.

9. Josh Allen - Great young QB.

10. Travis Kelce - best TE in the league.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He never has anything to say unless it cuts down another member or points out that one of their comments is factually wrong.  Can't figure why he hasn't been kicked out of here a long time ago.

I looked back and saw I had some decent conversation with the dude before.

just one of the self-righteous likely self loathing lol.  I always really question the ole keyboard warrior types.Underwear Sydney GIF by Step One

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Nelson, Leonard, Ballard

Wrong

I have never really under evaluated Nelson. I under value the position. I think Leonard is a great play maker just over rated in terms of run and pass coverage abilities. I have also said about Nelson that  in order to pay him say 20 million a year, his value to the Oline has to be worth it. I haven't seen that. When he was out last year the run game thrived. It has been said that he is valuable because he can make up for inferior LT play. I haven't seen that either. So yeah maybe I am saying he is over rated. Tag u r it. Oh  and yea Ballard is over rated. I think Reich brings more value to this team than Ballard.

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have never really under evaluated Nelson. I under value the position. I think Leonard is a great play maker just over rated in terms of run and pass coverage abilities. I have also said about Nelson that  in order to pay him say 20 million a year, his value to the Oline has to be worth it. I haven't seen that. When he was out last year the run game thrived. It has been said that he is valuable because he can make up for inferior LT play. I haven't seen that either. So yeah maybe I am saying he is over rated. Tag u r it. Oh  and yea Ballard is over rated. I think Reich brings more value to this team than Ballard.

I know these are opinions and they vary but I disagree with everything you just posted.  

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Care to elaborate?  

I am just not on the same page with you about anything you said in that post. i think Nelson has done a fantastic job in both run and pass blocking.  For a pick that Ballard was forced to make in order to try to save Luck, I think it has worked great.  

I do not think Ballard is overrated at all and Reich certainly does not bring more value to the team.  

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I am just not on the same page with you about anything you said in that post. i think Nelson has done a fantastic job in both run and pass blocking.  For a pick that Ballard was forced to make in order to try to save Luck, I think it has worked great.  

I do not think Ballard is overrated at all and Reich certainly does not bring more value to the team.  

Got it.  I think Nelson is a great guard too, with the exception of last year. 

I definitely think the Ballard Reich continuum is muddled at best.

The question is, we have according to players 3 of the top 20 players.  I am down with that.  But that doesn't mean that they bring 3 of the top 20 value to the team.  If they did.  They would all earn that kind of money and there is little chance that we would have been 9 and 8 last year with lets say 3 top 20 players at LT, DE, and WR for instance. 

This is debatable because it is speculative, but it seems pretty obvious to me. 

Archived