Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/27/22 Preseason Game 3: Bucs @ Colts, 7:30 PM ET

NFLfan

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Still think we will make a move for a veteran WR.

Could very well.  I think the question will be can the vet make enough of a difference to be better than the young kids developing.  That’s why Ballard gets paid the big bucks to see the future on things like that.

Second unit oline is doing much better tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skerfalcon8710 said:

I’m ready to see this offense with Taylor Hines in the backfield where the D has to actually worry about the run and PA pass. All preseason feels like the D has just tee’d off on the 1/2 string O

Yeah not having a Taylor is having an impact on the way teams play the Colts starters.  No Taylor and a new QB who needs to build chemistry with his new receivers and it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out what the Colts are going to do on offense.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This wasn’t a dress rehearsal. Not sure I even seen the point of playing the starters.  There wasn’t even a point of playing starting WR when you don’t use them.

That new punter is pretty good. Going to be fine there. 

The point was made that week 1 is two weeks away. If the starters didn't get work today it would have been a month without snaps against an opposition in a month to start the season. 

• Like 1

Decent first half I think. 1st team Oline had it tough until we had that successful screen. 2nd team Oline looked poop-ish until we started running - that opened up the game. 1st team Defense is beastly. 2nd team Defense got run over on that first drive, but got it together.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, buccolts said:

The point was made that week 1 is two weeks away. If the starters didn't get work today it would have been a month without snaps against an opposition in a month to start the season. 

And Frank pulled them after they had something successful to end on.  For the offense it was the TD drive and for the defense it was the Grover series.  

Also the Bucs pulled their starters.  It doesn’t do much for your starters to beat up on their second teamers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Flowers and sam just punched their tickets to the 53.....

Not sure Flowers has.  They have other guys who can return with Rodgers probably being the guy if healthy.  I think he will be a victim of numbers and put on the PS unless Rodgers isn’t healthy and they don’t keep Coutee which isn’t impossible.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure Flowers has.  They have other guys who can return with Rodgers probably being the guy if healthy.  I think he will be a victim of numbers and put on the PS unless Rodgers isn’t healthy and they don’t keep Coutee which isn’t impossible.

Chesley is making it tough for Flowers, as well.