Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson

Moosejawcolt

On 7/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Judging by Ballard’s comment yesterday, it didn’t sound like a deal is close, which surprised me.    Since we don’t know what Nelson is asking for or what we’re offering it’s hard to know where the problem is….

Hmmmmm...,...interesting eh??? I think Irsay is going to have a lot of input with regards to this contract. Just a feeling.

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm...,...interesting eh??? I think Irsay is going to have a lot of input with regards to this contract. Just a feeling.

Still no deal.    Now it’s 3-days after my last post.    Clearly there’s a disagreement.   But without any other info it’s hard to read too much into what the issue is.   But, Q is still in camp,  and no bad blood has gone public.   Both are good signs. 

And I believe Irsay has input on every large contract no matter whose it is.  

On 7/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I think the smart move is to trade him if the season starts badly recover draft assets and save the cap.  OG cannot be overpaid irrespective of how good people think he is.  I saw John Hannah play and Nelson is no John Hannah.  I think Gene Upshaw was better than Nelson too.  

You can think that but Ballard has made it pretty clear they are keeping Nelson.  Fans don’t have to like it but they should start accepting he’s going to get paid a boat load of money and he’s going to be here.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do here. Lots of big contracts coming up the next two years

Especially if Pryor balls out at LT. 

In an ideal world, Raimann becomes the starting LT next year, Pinter slides to center, &  Fries or a veteran becomes our RG. 

Raimann, Nelson, Pinter, Fries/Veteran, Smith 

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they do here. Lots of big contracts coming up the next two years

In an ideal world, Raimann becomes the starting LT next year, Pinter slides to center, &  Fries or a veteran becomes our RG. 

In your ideal world….

If Raimann becomes the LT, and Linter slides to C, then the RG will be Pryor.    He played some last year.   If he can play LT, he can surely play RG. 

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

What about Kelly?

On 7/27/2022 at 4:49 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I think the smart move is to trade him if the season starts badly recover draft assets and save the cap.  OG cannot be overpaid irrespective of how good people think he is.  I saw John Hannah play and Nelson is no John Hannah.  I think Gene Upshaw was better than Nelson too.  

Hannah is considered the greatest guard ever.  He was drafted 4th overall. He didn't get all pro till his third year.  Nelson has been all pro all 4 of his years.   

Nelson is 6'5 330 

Hannah was 6'2 265.

Upshaw didn't get an all pro until his 3rd season either.    

I think Larry Allen is a better comparison to Nelson.  Both bigger, stronger and more dominant in the run game than the other 2.

But you keep hating away.   It's pretty funny

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Hannah is considered the greatest guard ever.  He was drafted 4th overall. He didn't get all pro till his third year.  Nelson has been all pro all 4 of his years.   

Nelson is 6'5 330 

Hannah was 6'2 265.

I think Larry Allen is a better comparison to Nelson.  Both bigger, stronger and more dominant in the run game than the other 2.

I would take Larry Allen and Nelson over both the guys that dude mentioned. Nelson has been an all-pro every year and Allen is the GOAT IMO. Both Allen and Nelson are a lot stronger and much bigger as well.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take Larry Allen and Nelson over both the guys that dude mentioned. Nelson has been an all-pro every year and Allen is the GOAT IMO. Both Allen and Nelson are a lot stronger and much bigger as well.

By the way I seen John Hannah play and he isn't near as powerful as Nelson is. For his time he was great but Nelson out weighs him by 70 pound lmao 

On 7/31/2022 at 3:50 PM, jvan1973 said:

Nelson is 6'5 330 

Hannah was 6'2 265.

This never happened to Hannah by a rookie DT from our rival who has been killing him for two years.  You cannot pay him.  It is a huge error

^^^that happened with his ACL not even a year out.  We have 5 other games to look at now.  Simmons is the only DL in the NFL who has consistently pancaked Nelson.  

That is why we cannot pay him.  It is a hard descision but this is why TN let Brown walk.  He never put up elite production.  Great player but not a big enough difference maker.  

13 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

^^^that happened with his ACL not even a year out.  We have 5 other games to look at now.  Simmons is the only DL in the NFL who has consistently pancaked Nelson.  

That is why we cannot pay him.  It is a hard descision but this is why TN let Brown walk.  He never put up elite production.  Great player but not a big enough difference maker.  

He is getting paid

Archived