Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Callaway - Surprise Addition at Tryout

Scott Pennock

A very interesting talent, has had a few off the field issues in the past - which if they are truly in the past could be a sneaky under the radar signing whom I believe is better than every one of our mighty mite slot receivers! 

He seemingly spent the entire year with the Chiefs without incident in 2021, so maybe (if he is signed) this is a flyer on a talented player that the locker room leadership can help keep him clean and on the straight and narrow?

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

A very interesting talent, has had a few off the field issues in the past - which if they are truly in the past could be a sneaky under the radar signing whom I believe is better than every one of our mighty mite slot receivers! 

He seemingly spent the entire year with the Chiefs without incident in 2021, so maybe (if he is signed) this is a flyer on a talented player that the locker room leadership can help keep him clean and on the straight and narrow?

If he was with the Chiefs last year you have to wonder why he wasn’t brought back to compete for a spot on the roster.

I mean, dude just smoked some weed, which is ok in todays NFL. He was also late to meetings with the Browns, but their building culture is garbage, especially at the time he was there. This could be a promising pickup. 

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp

Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue

Grayson Atkins, PK North Carolina

Caleb Carter, LB Southern

Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State

Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army

Chris Glaser, OG Virginia

Lukas Havrisik, PK Arizona

Evan Holm, CB North Dakota

MJ Dumas, OL Villanova

Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State

David Kroll, OL Delaware

Jah-Maine Martin, RB North Carolina A&T

Beau Morris, OL SMU

Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston

Drew Pitt, QB Ball State

Race Porter, P Washington

Seth Small, PK Texas A&M

Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

I would expect 2-3 guys who arent on roster will get signed bumping 2-3 lower udfa's off the bottom of the roster. 

Anyone hear any reports who shined yesterday ?

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp

Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue

Grayson Atkins, PK North Carolina

Caleb Carter, LB Southern

Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State

Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army

Chris Glaser, OG Virginia

Lukas Havrisik, PK Arizona

Evan Holm, CB North Dakota

MJ Dumas, OL Villanova

Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State

David Kroll, OL Delaware

Jah-Maine Martin, RB North Carolina A&T

Beau Morris, OL SMU

Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston

Drew Pitt, QB Ball State

Race Porter, P Washington

Seth Small, PK Texas A&M

Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

I would expect 2-3 guys who arent on roster will get signed bumping 2-3 lower udfa's off the bottom of the roster. 

Anyone hear any reports who shined yesterday ?

Drew Pitt from my alma mater, Go Cards!

I think a big key in today's league is finding players who are intrinsically motivated by stepping on the field and competing.  Guys who aren't on time, or who have other priorities pulling them away from the game tend to get shuffled out of this league consistently year to year.  It's too tough, too competitive to coast at this level.  The competition is just too good.

So with this guy even if he looks the part early on I wouldn't get too excited.  Over time the tiger's stripes will show.  And if he really has turned a corner then why would a shrewd staff like that of KC let him go when he would be very cheap.

Translation is don't get your hopes up.  Save that for some other guys we need to step up this year who will be on the roster.

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If he was with the Chiefs last year you have to wonder why he wasn’t brought back to compete for a spot on the roster.

To your point I went back and researched a bit deeper, he was on a futures contract and released at the end of training camp last season. 

Still, with all the off-season changes at WR for the Chief’s you’d think they may have tried to bring him back? Perhaps they did try and he felt a certain type of way about being cut and said no?

Either way, the talent is there and he had a really solid rookie season so he has proven it versus NFL talent. So if he can show a new maturity level then let’s see what he’s got!

Archived