Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Callaway - Surprise Addition at Tryout


Recommended Posts

A very interesting talent, has had a few off the field issues in the past - which if they are truly in the past could be a sneaky under the radar signing whom I believe is better than every one of our mighty mite slot receivers! 
 

He seemingly spent the entire year with the Chiefs without incident in 2021, so maybe (if he is signed) this is a flyer on a talented player that the locker room leadership can help keep him clean and on the straight and narrow?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

A very interesting talent, has had a few off the field issues in the past - which if they are truly in the past could be a sneaky under the radar signing whom I believe is better than every one of our mighty mite slot receivers! 
 

He seemingly spent the entire year with the Chiefs without incident in 2021, so maybe (if he is signed) this is a flyer on a talented player that the locker room leadership can help keep him clean and on the straight and narrow?

If he was with the Chiefs last year you have to wonder why he wasn’t brought back to compete for a spot on the roster.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guess we will find out if he can play. I believe he has played for 3 teams in 4yrs even tho the KC stop didnt make it into regular season. I’m sure the off the field stuff is working against him but he might also not be very good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, dude just smoked some weed, which is ok in todays NFL. He was also late to meetings with the Browns, but their building culture is garbage, especially at the time he was there. This could be a promising pickup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp

 

Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue

Grayson Atkins, PK North Carolina

Caleb Carter, LB Southern

Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State

Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army

Chris Glaser, OG Virginia

Lukas Havrisik, PK Arizona

Evan Holm, CB North Dakota

MJ Dumas, OL Villanova

Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State

David Kroll, OL Delaware

Jah-Maine Martin, RB North Carolina A&T

Beau Morris, OL SMU

Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston

Drew Pitt, QB Ball State

Race Porter, P Washington

Seth Small, PK Texas A&M

Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

 

 I would expect 2-3 guys who arent on roster will get signed bumping 2-3 lower udfa's off the bottom of the roster. 

 

Anyone hear any reports who shined yesterday ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tryouts for Rookie Minicamp

 

Jackson Anthrop, WR Purdue

Grayson Atkins, PK North Carolina

Caleb Carter, LB Southern

Isaiah Chambers, Edge McNeese State

Cedrick Cunningham Jr., DB Army

Chris Glaser, OG Virginia

Lukas Havrisik, PK Arizona

Evan Holm, CB North Dakota

MJ Dumas, OL Villanova

Grant Dixon, LB Youngstown State

David Kroll, OL Delaware

Jah-Maine Martin, RB North Carolina A&T

Beau Morris, OL SMU

Lucky Oyovwi, Edge Charleston

Drew Pitt, QB Ball State

Race Porter, P Washington

Seth Small, PK Texas A&M

Tim Wilson Jr., WR Southeastern Louisiana

 

 I would expect 2-3 guys who arent on roster will get signed bumping 2-3 lower udfa's off the bottom of the roster. 

 

Anyone hear any reports who shined yesterday ?

Drew Pitt from my alma mater, Go Cards!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a big key in today's league is finding players who are intrinsically motivated by stepping on the field and competing.  Guys who aren't on time, or who have other priorities pulling them away from the game tend to get shuffled out of this league consistently year to year.  It's too tough, too competitive to coast at this level.  The competition is just too good.

 

So with this guy even if he looks the part early on I wouldn't get too excited.  Over time the tiger's stripes will show.  And if he really has turned a corner then why would a shrewd staff like that of KC let him go when he would be very cheap.

 

Translation is don't get your hopes up.  Save that for some other guys we need to step up this year who will be on the roster.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If he was with the Chiefs last year you have to wonder why he wasn’t brought back to compete for a spot on the roster.

To your point I went back and researched a bit deeper, he was on a futures contract and released at the end of training camp last season. 
 

Still, with all the off-season changes at WR for the Chief’s you’d think they may have tried to bring him back? Perhaps they did try and he felt a certain type of way about being cut and said no?

 

Either way, the talent is there and he had a really solid rookie season so he has proven it versus NFL talent. So if he can show a new maturity level then let’s see what he’s got!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...